Spirit Airlines Employee Reviews

cool environment with break chairs
Ramp Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2018
good environment friendly people fast pase at times due to many planes coming in and out not much room for growth within the company its a lot of hustle for not much pay but the working experience is good it builds character
Pros
builds character
Cons
not much pay
CSA Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 17, 2018
Working at spirit was so horrible, and it is definitely not worth it because of how much they pay is. Working at the airport in general is just horrible... so many yelling horrible people.
Senior Information Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 5, 2018
Alot of software to learn, also you can grow by learning that same new software and people here are nice. Citrix,Vmware,solorwinds and active directory.
Growth opportunities
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando International Airport, FLNovember 23, 2018
Spirit Airlines is a great company to work for that is rapidly growing with new positions open all the time. From ground handling to customer service to training roles to maintenance. I was contracted and would not recommend my contracted company, who controlled pay and direct management. Hardest part of the airline industry can be the hours and the stress when the day does not go according to plan and you have to answer for delays/cancellations.
Pros
travel options and fast paced environment
Cons
stressful sometimes, usually working holidays
Innovator and focused in Guest experience
Manager, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 20, 2018
Great environment for someone that wants to grow in the aviation industry. C-suites have an open door policy and always welcome ideas from their employees.
Pros
Travel benefits, philanthropist, hardworking employees
Cons
Can't think of any
Friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 9, 2018
It gets emotional when their flight delays or cancellation, and you have to reschedule the passengers flight. Working with my co-workers was fun and uplifting
no support from the corporate offices
Reservation and transportation agent (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 8, 2018
it was very high paced and at times stressful but overall a good place to work. corporate came and shut the center down with no notice very unprofessional
Pros
overtime
Cons
low pay
Contributed to my continued interest and love for customer service.
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXNovember 6, 2018
Spirit Airlines caters to a extremely diverse demographic, with this come a learning opportunity in not only handling an unimaginable variety of issues, but tend to the individual's flight experience, emotional state, and possible security threat in a short amount of time. In my eyes, Spirit doesn't hire/train its perspective employees enough in this area. With Spirit Airlines, its never the passenger that negatively impacts my day but my coworkers lack of care and entitlement, believing they don't have to obey a contract they signed their name to.
Pros
Efficient problem solving becoming second nature, functioning in a high stress environment, learning a multitude of personality types.
Cons
Ill tempered employees, lack of involvement by direct supervisors, general chaos in corporate.
Unorganized work place
RSA/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 29, 2018
Spirit airlines was an unorganized company to work at. Management was poor and many workers were lazy. Safety was kind of an issue as well. Management was never around the ramp area.
Good place to work!
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2018
I’ve worked at Spirit for over 5 years and I have absolutely loved it. It has taught me how to handle many varieties of customer service situations, and has provided me with many opportunities for advancement and to learn more about myself along the way.
Pros
Workplace, incentives, healthcare, flexibility
Cons
Long hours, days away from home
Spirit Airlines in Kansas City, MO
Customer Service Agent, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2018
Management needs to be replaced. The attitude and overall work ethic is terrible. Does not care for their employees. You are replaceable, which is why they go through new employees on a constant basis. If you have no worth then this particular location is the best option for you. Management's attitude trickles down to a supervisor who is just as worse. None believe in customer service, yet the job itself is customer service.
Pros
Training in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Cons
EVERYTHING else
Do not go to mco!
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2018
I worked at the new Spirit MCO facility for just months before I threw in the towel & went elsewhere. Although the majority of coworkers were swell, the inexperienced supervisors, station manager & personnel on other shifts that had absolutely ZERO to do with the graveyard/overnight shift, suffice to say, made this A DISMAL experience. That "we're gonna bully you" agenda would be fine, "if" the aforementioned had genuine commercial aircraft experience to back it up. It was beyond obvious on so many observations & personal experience, they're "bullying persona" was nothing more than a tool to hide the fact the were clueless on how to handle stress & the problems associated with commercial aircraft & getting the safely out in the morning. If I had to sum it up in a single word, "arrogance" is what Spirit Airline Aircraft Maintenance at the Orlando International Airport (MCO) is all about!
Pros
Good co-working mechanics
Cons
Lousy Manager, Supervisors, Lead Techs and Inspection Personnel
Fun place
Ramp Agent Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
The job is great. Travel is a must for career advancement. I love the culture and atmosphere. The job is rewarding and insanely fun if you like fast paced environment.
Safety professionals with flexible schedules and great health care benefits
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  O'hare International Airport, ILOctober 9, 2018
As a flight attendant for six years I was able to travel to places I probably never would have on my own time and dime. I started when I was twenty years old and was allowed to obtain greater knowledge of both aviation and customer service industry.
Fun workp;ace
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FL 33025October 8, 2018
Spirit makes you feel like you are home and not in a typical day on a job, perfect environment and nice respectful people and managers. One of the best company i have ever work for.
Our Work Schedule
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2018
on time flights
something new in airline
great team
meeting all kind of people
not getting flights out on time
when the last aircraft eaves on time
Pros
good team
Cons
short breaks or none
fun workplace with nice people
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2018
fun workplace with very nice people , cool destinations to travel with new airplanes . hub located at Ft lauderdale and Head quarters located in Miramar Fl was very convenient for me
Pros
travel to cool places
Cons
pay too low
good spirit at Spirit
Ramp Supervisor/Ramp Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2018
Spirit may not be the most popular airline for passengers, but it has a good working culture. worked for a contractor on the Spirit contract but Spirit was very easy to work with. opportunities are very good for promotion and lateral moves if you are free to relocate.
line mx
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
Great company even though the image is tarnish due to its passengers. But for an employee the company treats them very well and takes care of them more than other airlines I've worked for.
Pros
pay
A day as a flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Being a flight attendant, everyday is different, some days, the weather is good, some days the weather is bad. Getting a chance to hang out with my friends while I travel, get to learn about different cultures, eat food from diverse restaurants, all different types of great experiences on a random Tuesday. That was a weekly experience for me as a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight