Spirit Airlines Employee Reviews

rotating door
Lead On Flight Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
Spirit dose not play when it comes down to work and being on time the poin system is crazy. The admin for the FLL is just amazing ramp team and management are good people will get dirty when things get baf
Flexible hours with seniority, lots of time spent away from home
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
Spirit doesn’t really care about their employees. The job is nice if you like to be away from home. Our standby benefits aren’t the greatest if you’re traveling internationally.
I've worked at better places before
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 4, 2018
Working at Spirit Airlines wasn't my favorite memories at all. Management needs work a lot. I was left alone during a situation where I felt like they could've handled better which is why I resigned from my position there.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 3, 2018
Learned how to multitask for job function success to promote company. Enjoyed assisting Passengers to our fullest ability to make sure they have satisfactory experience with our service.
If you work here you can work basically anywhere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 18, 2018
The company it's good to it's employees they help everyone grow and give chances to those who are willing to put the extra work. If you love aviation this is a great place to start.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Ops Agent, Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 18, 2018
Helping the customer with the check- in, assisting with boarding the plane and making sure they left on time. Giving them the proper information needed for the international flight. Helping with any other inquiries about the flight.
Fun place to work and learn
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 11, 2018
Audited all I-9 forms that pertained to all the staff that went in the aircraft such as fligh attendants, pilots, customer services & mechanics. After 911 all the files for I-9 needed to be audit and complete
Pros
Able to travel to different locations making sure files were in compliance
Cons
Worked only as consultant not be able to get promoted
Very fun and productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
The best work environment. Management seemed so new they didn’t know what they were doing. I feel that they were unorganized and very bias on most of the employees.
Stressful
Ticket Agent/ Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 2, 2018
Very stressful job,customers were always rude, and pay was very low. Flight discounts were offered but only for stand by. Management was very poor. On the bright side, I did enjoy the tasks that were to be done.
Get your foot in the door to work for a better airline
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2018
Check in passeners , assist passengers at kiosk. Set up wheel chair accomodatios. Management was okay, have your back when it comes to customers. Job can be stressful with delay and cancellations. Working at an airport is fun though !
Pros
weekly pay
very busy sometimes no break, but they still take one
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 29, 2018
Management is awful, working for GAT, the manager does not know anything, but always taking credit and don't know anything about the company. management does not know how to talk to nor treat their employees. as hard as we work, and all the trash we take from the guest we still have to get treated like nothing with GAT/Spirit.
Pros
sometimes raises
Cons
sometimes no break
na
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2018
I love the benefits the company offer. I enjoyed flying for discounted rates. I did not enjoy being away from my family so much, but the experience I received was great.
Good Starting Job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 23, 2018
Spirit Airlines taught me a lot about the airline industry in terms of working at a large station with frequent irregular operations. I was able to take that experience to my next job and was prepared for similar issues.
Fun, young and productive
Crew Records Administration (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 18, 2018
Great place to work if you fit in. It sort of feels like you are working with children. You are constantly blamed for things and it is impossible to get proper training. The pilots are rude and the CRM is old. Definitely a love/hate experience. Aviation is not a industry for the weak or compassionate.
Pros
Free Travel for mom dad and husband in Spirit
Cons
Long hours and judgments
Excellent Growing Company Bad Management
MATERIAL OPERATIONS (STORES CLERK) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
The Supervisor in Material Operations (Stores) is by far Bi-Polar or definitely having some sort of Psychological health issue he is very lazy and expects to kick his feet up and treat his hard working associates like " garbage" and "Mess Ups" no matter how hard they work it is never good enough and he is always blaming them for things when a problem arises even when it is the supervisors fault. I have never had a supervisor not "Walk his Talk" but this guy is a prime example. There is no equality or respect for employees here and even though he is paid salary he refuses to cover shifts or be there for stores, making it the employees responsibility to cover. By far the worst leadership I have ever dealt with in my 25 years of work experience.
Pros
Great Growing Company, Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Nice place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2018
I loved the overall culture of spirit airlines.I loved the people that i worked with. i loved my base supervisor and i really liked the company. we also got flight benefits and health benefits that were affordable
Good company
Chicago, Il Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
Company offer good benefits to employees, pay vacation, health insurance, dental and vision. Never had a problem with my schedule always where very flexible, it was mandatory to stay long hours if need, I never had a problem with this. Also, company offers the tools the you need to perform you job.
Appauling place to call a job
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 15, 2018
The treatment to employees at Spirit is shocking to say the least. Managers are not qualified in their field and treat their employees and own peers like they are animals. No respect whatsoever. Was discriminated agaisnt and felt threated while working under my former manager. Terrible and stressful place to work. Many others in my department got physically stressed and sick after working and dealing with the technical publications manager.
Very Hard work and very very low pay!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2018
I worked as Ramp Agent and man! a lot of work which I don't mind but I just hate the fact that pay very low for this job 11.44$/H. you get injuries almost everyday, we talk to management about a raise and they say in 18 months and it will probably be 0.25$ extra!! my direct supervisor are amazing but the upper management don't care about anyone they just want the job to be done and hold when it's mandatory for more work.
I asked for transfer to another department and no answer no body answers my e-mails and requests.
I loved working as a ramp but I don't like the very low pay. it's true you get flight benefits but trust me you will never have time to enjoy them or you won't make enough money to go anywhere, if you have a family that want to travel a lot that could be good for you but limited to USA only and some South American countries anywhere else around the world you won't find any ticket ( I tried it and nothing to Europe).
Pros
well if you like Ramp Agent it's a fun and hard job to do!
Cons
Low pay, doesn't pay for the gas of your car!
Avoid this place like the plague
Station Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
If you think they treat their passengers bad they treat their employees 10 times worse. Nothing but lying and backstabbing by management. If they offer you a job run away quickly.
Pros
Cons
Worst place I've ever worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight