Spirit Airlines Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
line mx
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2018
Great company even though the image is tarnish due to its passengers. But for an employee the company treats them very well and takes care of them more than other airlines I've worked for.
Pros
pay
A day as a flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Being a flight attendant, everyday is different, some days, the weather is good, some days the weather is bad. Getting a chance to hang out with my friends while I travel, get to learn about different cultures, eat food from diverse restaurants, all different types of great experiences on a random Tuesday. That was a weekly experience for me as a flight attendant at Spirit Airlines
Spirit airlines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 14, 2018
They give chances to those that never had chances to be giving. They treat their workers with respect and with heart this is a true work family. You also get a chance to travel to nice places
Pros
Traveling
Cons
No time off
Good company to work for if you're looking for a line.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXAugust 3, 2018
Great airline to work if you're looking for a line. I received mine in 11 months. Training (unpaid) and hiring was difficult and stressful. After you get your line, you have to work almost 100 flight hours per month just to get a living wage which = no work/life balance. Management does little to assist you. Performance reviews are non-existent and your supervisor will never remember your name. There is no such things as customer service training. They like hiring people who already have that experience and trust they will do it in the air. No reprimand for dress code so people come to work as they please. There are no "bosses" in the air which is great and the work is VERY EASY. Patience is necessary as passengers will always talk down on the company. I would classify this position as a great part-time for someone who likes to travel and interact with hundreds of people daily.
Pros
Traveling, Flexible schedule after reserve, Medical Benefits
Cons
Pay, Poor contracts you cannot negotiate for years at a time, Filing tickets and never receiving funding you're entitled to or even a response, poor hotels, layover time
Spirit Rocks!
Pilot Base Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 1, 2018
Best workplace environment I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. The company takes its mission statement very seriously, and each of its employees are a reflection of that. Management is top notch, crew members are amazing, and all of our departments work together seamlessly.
Good company!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2018
Amazing company for starters, not a permanent company in my opportunity unless you are satisfied with what they are offering. Spirit holds a very special place in my heart, I gained lifelong friends and endless experiences that I'll never forget. Management needs a lot more training and they need to listen to the suggestions of their employees more; then I think the company will reach it's full potential.
Pros
Great benefits, great people to work with, always room to grow and make money
Cons
Organizational Structure from Corporate is very dismantled.
Excellent place for an innovative leader
Sr. Director, Human Resources-Present (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 29, 2018
Fast paced, creative and fun with a culture that promotes innovation and drives engagement. the company is growing rapidly, double digit growth and profitability for the last 5 consecutive years.
Pros
Seior Leadership is involved
Cons
There is not enough time in a day
Contractor Status
Fort Lauderdale, - Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 27, 2018
My time was short lived cause of my contract status. People are good mostly but it is a cutthroat business and every precaution needs to be made. No benefits for contractors and permanent positions just didn't happen for me. Overall a balance life if you like long hours and steady paychecks.
Hard life
Flight Attendant Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
Great if youre single or retired, but does make relationships on all levels difficult. Know your contract. Its a hard first couple of years but gets a lot easier once youre off reserve.
Spirit Airlines Review
HRIS Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyed Working with the HR Team. Everyone was very friendly. Had many meetings to plan out the week. HRIS Director was great to work with as he took the time to explain what was needed. Worked on some projects to automate the process and had the privilege to work with different teams and senior management. The Culture was what I was looking for. I really enjoyed coming in and helping clean up the data and being part of the Spirit Family.
Pros
Company Events, Culture, Work Life Balance, People are very Friendly, Great Company to work for
Cons
Not many procedures are in place, Hiring process can take some time, Sometimes it can take long to get responses or feedback
I genuinely loved every second working for spirit.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 14, 2018
I loved this job. They fly you out for training in Miami for 2 weeks and give your perdiem, and pay for your hotel. This job you mean a lot of people from all over the world, some famous people too.
Pros
Discounted flights, discounts in the airport, free drinks and stuff on the aircraft
Cons
Early hours, 30 min lunches.
rotating door
Lead On Flight Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
Spirit dose not play when it comes down to work and being on time the poin system is crazy. The admin for the FLL is just amazing ramp team and management are good people will get dirty when things get baf
Flexible hours with seniority, lots of time spent away from home
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
Spirit doesn’t really care about their employees. The job is nice if you like to be away from home. Our standby benefits aren’t the greatest if you’re traveling internationally.
I've worked at better places before
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 4, 2018
Working at Spirit Airlines wasn't my favorite memories at all. Management needs work a lot. I was left alone during a situation where I felt like they could've handled better which is why I resigned from my position there.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 3, 2018
Learned how to multitask for job function success to promote company. Enjoyed assisting Passengers to our fullest ability to make sure they have satisfactory experience with our service.
If you work here you can work basically anywhere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 18, 2018
The company it's good to it's employees they help everyone grow and give chances to those who are willing to put the extra work. If you love aviation this is a great place to start.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Ops Agent, Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 18, 2018
Helping the customer with the check- in, assisting with boarding the plane and making sure they left on time. Giving them the proper information needed for the international flight. Helping with any other inquiries about the flight.
Fun place to work and learn
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 11, 2018
Audited all I-9 forms that pertained to all the staff that went in the aircraft such as fligh attendants, pilots, customer services & mechanics. After 911 all the files for I-9 needed to be audit and complete
Pros
Able to travel to different locations making sure files were in compliance
Cons
Worked only as consultant not be able to get promoted
Very fun and productive environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
The best work environment. Management seemed so new they didn’t know what they were doing. I feel that they were unorganized and very bias on most of the employees.
Stressful
Ticket Agent/ Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 2, 2018
Very stressful job,customers were always rude, and pay was very low. Flight discounts were offered but only for stand by. Management was very poor. On the bright side, I did enjoy the tasks that were to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight