Spirit Airlines Employee Reviews

Bad place to work for
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 13, 2019
At the begining they put it pretty to you, a nice video and a nice talk. At first they give you 80 hours for your trainning days. after that if you are part time you get 25 hours per week. This company is this organize all over the place. its a stressful place to work at just to get your badge, no one wants to help you in signing it out. then when its time for you to go, 10 min before you have to clock out they try and make you stay. the flight benefits flights are sometimes full so you cant use them.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
customer service agent above wing
csr Above wing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2019
assisted customers with booking flights paying for baggage helping to escort unaccompanied minors, handling calls for lost and found flight info. providing positive atmoshere
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
work atmoshere
Good place to work to gain experience
Guest Service Agent, Calspan Air Services (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2019
just clock in work & go home never make friends or you lose your job & there is not a good management team at all, take your break on time, clock out on time
Pros
travel when you can
Cons
no good management
Short Stressful days
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 28, 2019
It was kind of unorganized, There was not leadership to follow. You were just working a shift without goals or expectations.

You did not have time to mingle with your coworkers, There was zero communication sometines .
Pros
I got a job that I liked to do
Cons
I was a part time agent
great place to develop your customer service skills
Guest Service Agent and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2019
the hardest part of the job as every airline was obviously dealing with customers during drop flight, like delays or cancellations, but overall was a good place to work, bad think was I was under a contractor so, is not the same.
not good environment
not hired for Repairs coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2019
this company did not give me a chance to work for them, just because they have this questionnaire that asks about our Age. and therefore I was not hired. I am 100% sure, that that's the reason I was no hired. Also been Diabetic they have considered that as a person with disabilities. Well if I am a person with disabilities, I should by law be retired with that. but guess what; the government will not give me that. And besides, why a person with Diabetes is unable to do any office work, since I have applied for a Repairs coordinator ?

Good luck for all of you !!
very productive work enviorment
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 21, 2019
typical day was answer phone in reservations handle flight info Give customer flight information time date arrival time of flights Handle lost luggage
Representive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Typical work day is usually working with passengers through out my shift assuring anyone misplaced will reach their destination. Overall Spirit is a competitive industry, the most difficult part is not being able to get your customers to their locations.
People are rude
Costumer PAX Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2019
People are disrespectful, seems to always want to fight. Flights are mostly always delayed. The girls that have been working there for a while are problematic with the new girls. They don't care if you have another job, they will keep you there. You can't have any type of drinks but water, even if they are hidden.
Pros
discounts of flights
Cons
everything else
Good Pay and Benefits but Unsafe / Unhealthy Workplace
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2019
This is a good paying position with excellent benefits and nice co-workers. However, the airline does not maintain their aircraft and it is a very unsafe airline to work for where you can destroy your health working there.
Pros
Good Pay, Excellent Benefits, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Unsafe, Unhealthy and Dangerous Workplace
Quite the experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 13, 2019
This was actually my first airline job. Being an aeronautical engineering graduate, this is pretty much me getting my foot into the door of possibilities.
great place
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 11, 2019
overall great company to work for and would highly recommend. There is a lot of room for improvement and growth which is great for anyone wanting to advance in their career.
Pros
advancement
Cons
hours
Great Work Environment
Maintenance Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 7, 2019
Great work atmosphere. Management is very engaging as well as the Human Resources Team. It was an overall great place to work in. They are improving when it comes to employee engagement activities, just need some more perks.
Productive & fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2019
It was really good working here & exciting working here , the company was good, the work hours was good, the management was poor , and very rude. Booking flights, assisting customers with boarding & purchasing flights
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks
Divertido
Ramp Agent (Swissport) (Current Employee) –  Orlando International Airport, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I love working for spirit. I have amaizing coworkers great supervisor who are willing to teach you each day on the ramp.
Spirit Airlines
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 27, 2019
I loved this job. I hope to someday return. Flying is amazing and there is no career like it. I can't wait to go back to having an office in the sky. I miss this job tremendously.
quick paxed job.
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2019
A place that id goo for people who catch on quickly. a good job if you like meeting a lot of different people. a good job if you like airplanes. a Great learning experience.
Pros
ncie people
Cons
long hours, rude passengers
not the place to be
Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2018
-very very poor management
-friendly co-workers
-it can get stressful at times
-no set schedule
-uniforms are provided
-flight benefits
-policies are never met
Pros
air condition
Cons
poor management
muy bien estructurado
Crew Scheduler I (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 26, 2018
Excelente trabajo en equipo y muy buena administracion
More focused on showing Growth to the shareholders
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
This company is a fast growing airlines...unfortunately, it is on the backs of its employees. The company is more focused on showing growth and profit (by opening new destinations) than providing infrastructure and support (to existing ones). All departments are overworked and understaffed. I was told that my position was paid equal to the industry standard...LOL!
Other legacy carriers pay was $20,000 more per year and didn't have the daily threat of violent passengers that normally fly on Spirit.
Also the company contracts all of its work force except management. As a manager my bonuses were based on performance but all the employees were not my employees. Was told numerous times that "your not my boss" The contract company management was just as bad. I lived in fear, daily, of a serious accident to occur!!
Free flights are a general perk in the industry...HA HA HA...Why fly standby for free when the fares are low enough to buy a confirmed seat and have protection in the event of cancellations.
Pros
the experience
Cons
To many to list!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight