Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

it was a seasonal job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHJuly 17, 2018
i came back for a couple of years and enjoyed the experience. the building and creating the store was very fun. i enjoyed the excitement that the customers experienced when they entered the store.
Awesome group of people.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJuly 17, 2018
My first year had its up and downs but I still had an awesome time meeting new people and helping strangers find what they needed to enjoy Halloween. I had one of the last shifts and was able to see all our hard work pay off as I handed out the candy at the mall on Halloween night. By the time I had picked up my bag, signed out, and had met up with my ride home for the last time that night, I was sobbing. I love working at Spirit and am exited to see what 2018 will bring.
Great management and company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 16, 2018
Overall a typical day at work for a Store Manager includes checking communication, planning sales, creating schedules, taking deposits to the bank. The most difficult part of the job keeping the store looking fully stocked and clean the closer it gets to Halloween and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team who enjoys the holiday and promotes growth in team development.
Pros
fun, discounts, fast paced, great management
Cons
temporary, no real benefits outside of pay and discount
exciting and amazing place to be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAJuly 14, 2018
Working at Spirit Halloween was like having another home. They care greatly about their employees, its a very face paced environment, it can get a little hectic, but it is an absolutely amazing job!
Fun but seasonal work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 14, 2018
This is a fun and exciting place to work, but sadly it is seasonal from August through November! If you like interacting with customers this position is amazing for you! Fun, often fast paced, you always have something to do even when there is no one in the store!
Pros
Fun and exciting!
Cons
Seasonal Work only!
fun to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDJuly 14, 2018
i loved working at Spirit Halloween Super Store it was very cool, very fun and the people were awesome to work with. Everyone was friendly and open minded
It was a veey different type of place to work but my coworkers were great very helpful peaceful enviorment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2018
Typical day when i get in is to walk the floor and straighten up the aisle help any customers if there is any, cleaned up the dressing room and cashier
Pros
Great ppl coworkers and customers good atomsphere us being a team got us through most days
Cons
No breakroom, cleaning the store at the end of the day
Assitant Manager
(Seasonal) Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Plainfield, NJJuly 11, 2018
This is the best seasonal job I work every year. I love to work with the kids. I like the people I work with every year. Its a vey fun environment to be around during the Halloween season.
Owner is great
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJuly 11, 2018
Spirits are franchises and Stockton/Lodi is lucky to have the owner they do. Staff return every year for the season. Since it's seasonal this company is great at working around the permanent job schedules of it's employees. Setting up Halloween displays is like practice for your at home set ups.
Pros
It's a Halloween Store
Cons
Only open for a few months a year
I did not except
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYJuly 10, 2018
I did not except the why i was treated and the hours were not much. I only got 2 to 3 hours from only 2 days a week to be honest it was terrible and it was very depressing.
So much FUN
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 10, 2018
I had so much fun working with Spirit, Flexible job with school and a great environment. Management was amazing everyone was so kind. We always had a blast and got to dress up. I always recommend my younger friends to apply there!
Pros
great time
chaotic but fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 7, 2018
Typical day: clock in and zone the floor for a bit checking everything from the shift before, do go backs, clean and restock if necessary, check on customers and helped them with their costume choices after that a coworker or i would ring them up as if they wanted to donate for the spirit of children and finish the transaction. Repeating the same steps until it was closing time and clock out. Working 4 hours or more you would a break of 30 minutes or more. working less than 4 would give you a 15 minute break.

I learned: how to be more creative and patient.

Management: the hiring staff hired unqualified candidates that made the position difficult to work when short staffed.

Most Hardest part: cleaning up when the store was full/ chaotic and controlling the theft in the store.

Most Enjoyable part: the environment, the co-workers, the theme.
Pros
fun environment, friendly people, high traffic store
Cons
short breaks, theft, alot of returns
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 7, 2018
I was only working there for about a month. Halloween is my favorite holiday so I'm biased in liking the store as a whole. Days were spent running around the store trying to keep busy when customers weren't needing any assistance.
Pros
Halloween Store
Cons
Too short a time span to say
Loved working there.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 6, 2018
Halloween is my favorite holiday so it was like heaven to work there even for short times while working my other job. I liked how flexible they were. I would definitely reapply.
Pros
How much fun working at a Halloween store was.
Cons
Seasonal so no benefits or sick days.
seasonal job
Cashier/ Set (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MN 56071July 5, 2018
Seasonal work before the merger with Spencer Gifts
Laid back work until around Halloween then almost mosh pit environment. Work is work but if you have another choice never take a holiday job.
fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 29, 2018
I loved working here. the employees and managers are super laided back and easy to work with, and the customers where always nice. Highly recommend working here
Fun and relaxed work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHJune 29, 2018
Super fun and friendly staff, great place to work. Fast paced so you're never sitting around bored. Manager was easy going with hours and let you set your own, whenever you could come in, bought us cookies for coming in extra hours, and pay was raised on tear down days.
Pros
flexible hours, high pay, fun job
Cons
30 minute breaks
Spirit Halloween was a great place to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 29, 2018
I always loved Spirit Halloween . And I also love Halloween, its my favourite holiday. And when I was hired at Spirit I was so happy. And I actually applied again to work this year for the company :)
Pros
My co-workers were Awesome
Spirit
Manager (Former Employee) –  High Ridge, MOJune 29, 2018
Spirit was a very fun store to work for, not much opportunity for growth because it is a seasonal position. overall i would suggest working there for fun or extra money.
Pros
fun
Cons
seasoal
retail salesman
retail salesman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
I was just a retail salesman, I was a pretty fun Job seeing as though it was all about halloween. it took forever to set everything up for the store. it was only a seasonal thing though because we had to break everything down and pack it up because the building was being rented just for the holloween season.