Spirit Halloween Super Store
84High
4.2

Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
This place was a good place to work and gain a little bit of experience in retail work. Your expected to help customers and be respectful them and your co-workers. Your also expected to clean and restock the store as well as run registers.
I worked two seasons at spirit and it is an exhaughsting job first half of the season is boring and the second hald is painfully busy. I hate writing reviews
Job was a bit stressful at time but the employees were amazing and it made it a fun work environment. The pay was very good and if your a Halloween lover like myself you would love the job
I landed this job at 16, looking to make some money while I got through high school. It was a small, fun place with a lot of things on demo display. The manager was very nice, and my coworkers were great to work with. Pay was decent, starting at $9 an hour, then $9.50, and the last few days before Halloween, I was paid $12 an hour. Overall, very nice place to work.
Pros
Discounts, "free" items that were damaged and unsaleable, great pay raise towards end of season
Cons
Sometimes ran out of stock of items too quickly
It was a typical job. not to busy not to empty. I always had something to do. all of the co workers were nice. manager was nice as well. not to harsh. Easy job overall.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I've worked here for my first job. Pretty fun and adventurous environment too. If you love Halloween, this is a job for you! They hire easily too which is sweet.
Working at Spirit Halloween was a fun experience as a teenager. I do not think this would be the ideal workplace for an adult that has bills and expenses to pay. For a teenager that still has school to worry about. this job has a flexible time schedule to help you make time for your studies. This would be a great job for someone looking to make a little cash and has no problem smiling, greeting, and helping customers make the best of the spooky holiday!
Pros
Flexible hours, Fun atmosphere, Teamwork
Cons
Salary
The first job that I actually loved going to work. Our discount (30%) was great, especially for associates with children. Management was extremely caring and willing to work with newbies.
Pros
High discount
Cons
Had to work 5 hours to get a 15 minute break
i would clock in and ask would should i do. I would help open and close the store. i work in the dressing room, clean the store, and use the cash register.Management kept all the employees busy.Co-workers were fun be around.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Assistant Manager (Seasonal)
• Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with a customer that fosters a positive work environment and embraces diversity.

• Protect and maintain company assets and resources to included cash control, inventory, fixtures and physical facility to prevent theft.

• Use product information and available resources to educate the customer; assisting them in making smart product selections that are right for them

• Maintain the confidentially and security of sales records and operational reports.

* Fun place to work; co-workers where easy to get along with and make the job enjoyable.
-cash register, cleaning sales floor, stock,shipment,
-quicker and more efficient ways to deal with shipment, how to organize well

-very professional, fun, easy to work with

-down to earth, dedeicated, helpful

-getting the store open within a week

-everything
Pros
great work place
Cons
seasonal job
stocking and waiting on customers, running register. I learned a lot
about costumes and how much people love halloween. The management and coworkers were great to work for. The hardest part was setting the store up and the job itself was the enjoyable part.
Pros
it was a fun job and meeting new people
Cons
the pay and it was seasonal
This job is a really entertaining job to both the employee and customers. Dressing up in costumes, the co-workers were being themselves, extraordinary work hours which fit in very well. The technology compared to Halloween Adventure is much more advanced. Easy way to show others what was online and in the store. Made searching simple and the pay was satisfactory. The job also teaches organization and is strict on that part. If you are not a people person, then this job is definitely not for you.
Pros
calm and fun environment, hours were great, discounts on awesome costumes
Cons
greedy district managers, competition between other stores were critical, seasonal