Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Found 2,251 reviews matching the search See all 2,419 reviews
Great work culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJune 16, 2019
Though only a seasonal position, I had an awesome time working for Spirit Halloween. I made connections with coworkers that I still see to this day, my managers were absolutely top notch and pay was decent. I plan on returning next year to work under my managers.
Great place to work!
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 14, 2019
The district manager (only worked for one year, with no district management experience) was horrible. The store wasn’t ready for open because he was unprepared.
Building the store (putting up the walls) was very laboring, and requires heavy lifting and patience, as does taking down the store.
Thankfully, our stores general manager fixed the mistakes our district manager was making and the store ran as smoothly as possible.
The people were amazing to work with, everyone was always friendly, happy, and outgoing which helped create an amazing work environment.
I would work here again, as long as the management was sufficient and laid back.
Pros
Great team to work with, 60% off discount
Cons
All depends on the management and coworkers to make the job great
Very light and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley streamJune 13, 2019
Love Halloween and my coworkers. Nothing to complain about. Customers made messes but as employees we worked together to make the store look good. I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Spirit is a really fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJune 12, 2019
I loved working at Spirit Halloween. If you start the job early enough you get to help set up your store and even other stores if they need the help. If you do a great job at spirit sometimes at the end of the season they will give you an opportunity to work for Spencer's full time when the season is up. Great opportunity.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Sometimes tbe managers aren't the greatest
Seasonal
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WiJune 12, 2019
Spirit Halloween was a fun place to work...it is only seasonal, but there are opportunities to transfer to their sister company (Spencer's Gifts) after the halloween season ends.
Fast paced but you learn a lot and are able to communicate with many people. You get out of your comfort zone which is very beneficial in the long run
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 10, 2019
The workplace culture was fine. Every employer was respectful with each other and the customers. When one of the employees had a problem we helped them out. The store itself was very organized and I helped clean up if I worked in the evenings. Stocking was something new and I don’t mind it at all. I actually like putting things where they are supposed to be and it was just the right thing to do at the time. I communicated well with everyone I encountered. Communication wasn’t something big for me and I’m a very shy person, but this job has helped me overcome the fear of communicating with anyone and helping them out with whatever they need. It really helped mentally and physically to talk and move around and me on the move. Overall I had a very good job experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No cons!
amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 7, 2019
very friendly faces and amazing flexibility with work hours. I was in high school when I worked here and the management went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and work with my school schedule
Not the worst job ever
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 7, 2019
Late summer is the time Spirit will begin working in vacant retail stores. There is plenty of physical work in the beginning. The goal is to have the store open well before Halloween. Walls, displays, shelves must be built. Trucks are unloaded. Sweating is normal. After that is complete, It's easy. You might work a cash register or monitor the dressing room. People enjoy stealing and small items (e.g. Sunglasses) go missing. The line can grow long in mid-October. Young people get hired, then decide to not show up on a Friday night. It all ends before you know it and you're looking for work again.
Pros
Can be a fun environment
Cons
Short season, may work very few hours
This job was make the most of it while you can.
Dresssing room, floor, customer service. (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJune 6, 2019
Working at Spirit of Halloween fun but, we all know it's not going to last past a week in october. And every customer who comes in is looking for or is with some one troble!
Pros
Halloween spirit!
Cons
Sreaming kids.
Halloween Rocks
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  libertyJune 6, 2019
Spirit Halloween is the best job i have come across i reapply each year. A typical day starts off easy going and as we get closer to Halloween the days become more hectic but fun. Employees learn just about everything about retail in a couple months. The management are always laid back and always helping out and working you rarely catch them in the office unless they are verifying paperwork, they always check up on their employees and always making it a fun environment. the overall environment is exciting and fun. the hardest part of the job is setting up the store and receiving the first merchandise truck. the most enjoyable part is the whole job in general.
Pros
30% discount, fun environment, surrounded by Halloween
Cons
gets super busy 2 weeks before Halloween and job is not year round
Everything is rushed, lack of professionalism and training!
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 6, 2019
DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY!! HR made a racial comment and the building is filthy the restroom water don’t work. Bathroom never been clean. The building is old and dirty have nails sticking out the floor, serious safety hazards EVERYWHERE!!
Pros
Discount on products.
Cons
Everything besides the discounts and they treat you like thieves.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 6, 2019
An enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities to interact with and help customers. The management wasn't the best and definitely needs some improvement.
Super fun and easy seasonal job!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 6, 2019
A typical day at work was assisting all kinds of customers about decorations, and costumes. I learned a lot more about the retail side of things and stock/organization, and upselling in a different sense. My manager was one of the best managers I had he was always on top of new things in the store and thing we could improve on to help business. The hardest parts of my job was really just towards the ending where the stores business was incredibly crazy, We were a tad bit understaffed so the amount of business coming in was a lot. The best part of my job would've been the Halloween aspect of it! Being able to do all things Halloween and help people build costumes as well as looking at decorations!
Fun Place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 5, 2019
Spirit Halloween is a fun place to work and gain experience in customer service. All though no benefits are ever offered it is only a temporary position. Spirit is a face paced business and it is enjoyable to see it come together so quickly. People love our stores with so much to see. Each year they bring a new experience with their fantastic displays. As a manager the hardest part was keeping enough staff to support the store during peek season.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Only temporary with no benefits
It is a great temp job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2019
I liked working there and I loved the discount. There isn't much more to say. If you are going to try to make a career with a company that pretty much works only aug-oct you might wanna rethink that path but if you need some money and like halloween then it's perfect
Pros
discount on costume and makeup
Cons
its retail and temp
Youth work experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 5, 2019
The network of security shopping mall wise and the security placed at the holloween store geared the less paid child learning to work with the reward that there are eyes and watchers always watching so that a child in the use of character flaw is then able to remember the people worked with so that development is focused as part as the imagination that the holiday sale company is not only focusing on customer sales, it is actually focusing on child worker belief that trouble can be fixed through business leaders that are as strong and confident as the cia. There is no growth except for the growth that this company provides as a community based united states of america controlled unit. What I am stating is that if it were not for the experience I gained from this company with the "thinking" I knew it all, and didnt at that time as for experience, job ethic experience "the backs that looked turned", my life would not be what it is. They all gave me confidence to make future better decisions.
Pros
Excellent job training for youth
So much fun!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 4, 2019
It was such a fun job and the managers were so nice and caring, owners were great too!!!. Will work here again soon you should try it too, you wont regret it.
Pros
Free snacks, fun, discounts
Cons
Rude customers but cant do anything about that lol
Cool place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time working here. It was not stressful and work didn't feel like hassel. Setting up the store at the beginning is probably the hardest part of the job. Other than that it is a memorable and great experience.
Pros
Employee Discount & Rehire chance
Really fun workspace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 31, 2019
It was a typical job. not to busy not to empty. I always had something to do. all of the co workers were nice. manager was nice as well. not to harsh. Easy job overall.
Lovely team
Cashier(seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIMay 30, 2019
I enjoyed working at this location
Amazing customer service from the whole team
We just had a lot of theft
This was like my first job i liked that dealed with ppl