Spirit Halloween

Based on 1,043 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals

This place was a good place to work and gain a little bit of experience in retail work. Your expected to help customers and be respectful them and your co-workers. Your also expected to clean and restock the store as well as run registers.

Spirit Halloween Work Hours

When they start off I don't exactly feel happy with only 4 hours a day only one day a week. I've been told the hours will increase, I can only wait, and see.

Pros

Employee discount, Community, and nice management at my location.

Cons

Low work hours, and only one day a week.

Fun workplace

This was an awesome place to work . Beside the management team it was great , the people I worked with were awesome and amazing I’m glad I got to experience it

fast paced, simple job with decent pay for your work

you have your choice between working the floor, doing cash register work, or both depending on your preference. managers assist with training very well and don’t put too much pressure on you- allow you to learn at your own pace with encouragement. overall a good place to work for some extra $, laid back and enjoyable atmosphere

Spirit Halloween

It's a decent starter job for retail experience and fun customer interactions, but management is extremely unprofessional, and the store is never cleaned so there's grime and dust everywhere!

Pros

Relaxed dress code, Employee discounts

Cons

Minimum pay, Seasonal job, Poor Management, No cleanliness standards

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Good for a teenager

This really is a job for a teenager to get their foot in the door, super easy to do and you get to have fun while working , management needs work for sure

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Low pay, annoyed if you're sick and didnt give a few days notice

fun and easy job

great first job, managers are good with training you. pretty easy to come back yearly. collects donations for local children’s hospitals which is great, but management sometimes gets on your case for not getting enough donations when you can’t force everyone to donate. sometimes there was too many people at the fitting room for only one associate to be working it.

Pros

discount, easy to learn

Cons

fitting rooms, seasonal

I love spirit it’s such a fun place to be and I absolutely love Halloween. I do think customers are very annoying just pulling things off the shelf and not putting it back properly

Pros

Pay, coworkers, discount

Cons

Customers

Can be fun.

Can be fun be ready for lots of heavy lifting and constantly rearranging stuff. Fellow employees are pretty chill and fun to work with customers aren’t to bad.

Really fun

Working at Spirit Halloween was a super fun part-time job :) All the other employees were very nice and the managers were great. Customers were always pretty nice because they were usually excited for Halloween, which is a plus. If you like Halloween this is a great place to work because you can dress up too!

Pros

Flexible scheduling, customers are usually happy/excited

Jobs at Spirit Halloween

See more jobs

Rough

Expect lots of heavy lifting and unorganized managers. No one wore their mask properly for more than 5 minutes. Managers expected you to know what you were doing even if it was your first time working there. Managers throw you out into the work without letting you know what they want you to do.

Pros

45 minute break

Cons

Unorganized managers, heavy lifting, managers have an ATTITUDE

fun work environment!

i loved working at spirit, all of my tasks were pretty easy and my coworkers were fun and easy to work with! communication and organization from the manager was great too, definitely recommend

Pros

flexible schedule, fun work environment

Cons

exhausting when busy

Fun but sketchy

Overall, Spirit is one of the most fun and chill jobs I have had. However, it seems like the bar is on the floor for who they hire at times, because 2/3 of my managers were just very sketchy people. Overall though it was fun and easy, especially if you love Halloween.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Seasonal, no benefits

Okay to work for semi job

It's okay but wouldn't make this a full time gig it's too short term. No way to progress. The pay is too small as well and not many hours due to over staff

Productive and fun workplace !!

I have worked at Spirit Halloween for the past 2 seasons and have had nothing but amazing experiences. This is a great part time job for anyone and the environment is extremely fun!

Pros

Great management and fun environment

Cons

Ada laws can easily be over looked in a pop up job/company.

When everything is running smoothly it can be one of the funnest job in the world to work at. Even on busy day it can be fun. But when there are certainly managers who’s power got better then their head, they start treating People horribly.

Pros

Easy going environment pay is ok

Cons

Mad management

Great Place

I worked at the one by the cold stone in that shopping center and my managers were awesome and actually stuck up for us when the higher ups came into the store and trash talked us. He put his foot down and chewed them out and they had to apologize.

Pros

Great Management, Amazing Discount

Cons

People really tend to get on your nerves

Decent pay but hard work

The work was very laborious and repetitive, but simple. Many employees did not last long, causing management to up our pay twice. Our manager was pretty cool, and let us wear headphones. It can be extremely sweaty work when you’re in the hot trailers for extended periods. The hours were inconsistent as they are based on when the trucks come, and they often don’t come when they are supposed to, causing us to be sent home for long lunches or early days. What was supposed to quickly become 40 hr workweeks has mostly been 20-25.

Pros

Good pay eventually, simple work

Cons

Exhausting, unreliable hours

Not a bad place to work

It’s a fun place to work. Setting up the store can be stressful. Once it’s set up, it’s all about training and guest satisfaction, putting out merchandise, sales... it’s get stressful throughout the season, but it’s manageable. Overall, decent and fun seasonal job.

Pros

Halloween, fun environment

Cons

Pay, employees never showing up to work

Fun

Fun fun fun place to work for a seasonal job. Pay not so great but always ask above page. It’s seasonal so it’s great. Just long hours but it’s fun !

I thoroughly enjoyed working for this franchise

The owners are nice, they communicate with their management, and the upper management was amazing too! I had an wonderful time working at the Placerville location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Halloween. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

1.9K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Spirit Halloween.
Powered byComparably