Splunk

Splunk Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews

Relaxed Environment

Splunk is a great place to work with opportunities to grow.I have learned so much since i started working with Splunk. They listen to your suggestions and treat people fairly.

Productive and supportive culture

Good for techies. Lot of learning opportunities! People are overall good to work with. Job security is there with promotion growth.Product management can be better over all to lead the goals

Splunk insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun and inclusive environment

Pros:great work-life balancemanagers who actually treat you like humancollaborative environmentcons:many org changeslack of training (manager to employee, lack of manager training overall)

Great company!

I had a bad skip level manager but other than that Splunk is an amazing culture and inclusive environment! Very interesting work and a solid company!

Understandable workload and balance

When you work here you can really get the job done and the work load is an understandable amount of you can keep up with it. All in all had a decent time with them.

Awesome company to work

It was great , now its good but not sure what the future holds, after change in management things are going south a lot these days.Splunk is a great place to learn, and accelerate your career

Great teams to work with

Splunk has a great culture, nice work life balance, and great collaboration between the teams. However, always changing procedures and sometimes no one really knows what to do internally.

I've met some of the best people I've ever worked with

I have to say the people are what make Splunk amazing. Sure, it's a great product that has a large footprint globally - and it continues to grow & succeed. But the PEOPLE that are hired are by far the best I've ever worked with. Typically sales can be high strung, demanding and overall not pleasant 100% of the time. I've worked in support at Splunk for several years and I've never once had a negative interaction with a person in sales. And I covered globally over the years.....

Pros

Good perks, free meals and stocked breakroom. Supports remote employment

Vote Union Yes

Management treats the workers very poorly especially through this last year. It is come to our attention that we could unionize and use our right of collective bargaining to improve conditions!

Pros

Food

Hyper growth, well paid

Splunk continues to operate in hyper growth mode with lots of opportunity and upside from a career and stock perspective. However, the pace of change is insanely fast and leadership is getting worse and worse at managing changes across an increasingly growing employee base (ie major reorgs every quarter, teams being created and merged and completely disbanded, new companies being acquired left and right, etc)

Pros

Pay, leadership, product

Cons

Work life balance, no change management

Great company

One of the best companies I’ve worked for. They treat their employees like gold and you are paid well if you exceed your goals. They have a great work life balance and the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.

Fun place to work with good people

Fun place to work with good people. Fun employee events, lots of free food. Everyone s\worked well together, the culture was great. Highly recommend.

Great products and vision but going through growing pains

Splunk has been a great company for years and it is growing rapidly. With that come growing pains, new leadership that does not fit the culture, unclear direction and silos. It is not easy to advance or find another career opportunities within. The products and CEOs long-term vision, however, are great.

productive and fun

Great company. Productive atmosphere and fun and productive. I wonder if it is such a great place, I think it is just is growing so quickly it can be a bit disorienting.

Come for the job, stay for the money

A tech company that resists growing up. Why should they? So far Splunk's making money hand over fist. Commitment to employees and breakthrough thinking is deeply lacking. Very little is thought through by executives or managers. Sales and marketing are paramount; engineers hold much product development power. Diversity is strongly promoted but not fully supported beyond display to the world. Quite a disappointment. Many hang on for the big paychecks and bonuses.

fun place to work in with diversity

great place to work with diverse crowd and new technologies to learn. people are helpful and we learn a lot from each other with new tools and skills set

Like a start-up

Energetic and fast-paced work. Metric recognized. Ideas appreciated. Growing pains which management continually is keeping an eye on. Fun. Work is impactful.

Fun place to work

Splunk Inc helps organizations ask questions, get answers, take actions and achieve business outcomes from their data. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to monitor, investigate and act on all forms of business, IT, security

Pros

Free meals

Cons

lack of personal development programs

productive and start up culture

I enjoyed working at Splunk and had the opportunity to expand my skill set and grow in my career. This company had a laid back culture that was very fun while still being productive.

Ageist and insecure. Unprofessional and inexperienced management.

Management is young, inexperienced, and untrained. Massive growth in a short time frame led to many technical employees promoted without the correct skills to manage. Company is therefore led by a contracted third party company (also young and clueless) that is only interested in keeping their contract. Management is not interested in solutions. Lack of experience results in extreme insecurity among management. They hired and fired four veteran contractors (for a long-term contract) within a month. This is not a place anyone, particularly a seasoned contractor, should be.

Pros

Video games, ping pong table. Never saw them used once. Free snacks.

Cons

Video games and ping pong table are window dressing to convince employees of a relaxed environment, but it is a pretense. It is not collaborative or welcoming.

Miss working there

People there are fun to work with there, they treat you good, there is always fun events going on and the company knows how to take care of their employee's

Common questions about Splunk

Answered by current and former employees at Splunk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Splunk. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight