Spokane County Employee Reviews in Spokane, WA

Adds medical to 'overall' compensation to make it look better
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 19, 2019
The pay is extremely LOW. They add the benefits, that are medical which you will most likely not use unless you have a catastrophic injury or illness, the life insurance, which you will be dead to use..so nothing that helps you live month to month..year to year. The actual pay, the monies that you can pay your house, lights, gas (to get to work), the water bill..food..daycare..it's just NOT enough to live on..so don't go touting the 'benefits' to the pay. Medical is a joke..the deductible is horrific..like it's been since the GOVERNMENT screwed it up...
Just don't work here..unless you want to get another part time job to buy food for your kids.
Pros
not much
Cons
Low low pay
Horrible work place!
Shelter Technician (Former Employee) –  SpokaneJune 14, 2019
I wouldn't wish this work atmosphere on my worst enemy. Management only cares about who wants to gossip with them all day in the office and not about the shelter animals. They promote people who are lazy and unqualified and lay off the people who work their tails off. They literally treat you like a slave and lie to you incessantly. Worst manager I have ever had in my life.
Poor Management
DEPUTY SHERIFF (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 19, 2019
Poor leadership on all levels with Spokane County. Sheriff along with several of his command staff are politically driven and do not take facts into account before making judgement.
Productive and good work environment
CONCESSIONS WORKER (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 31, 2019
I always loved to work concessions because the people were always nice and it was very convenient at the time with tips and maintaining to help others with products that were suggested and keeping stuff sanitary
Good boss and good job
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 6, 2019
Working at Spokane county has been a great experience and I am only looking for a different job because I am in school and it’s challenging to get hours that work for me.
good people
road maintenance apprentice (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 12, 2018
overall spokane county is a good place. its horrifyingly mismanaged and depending on the department people are about to burn the place down but thats government.
Most Unsophisticated Employer I've ever worked for
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 16, 2018
Management and decision makers don't know how to supervise or provide guidance. There are some staff who are overworked and behind, while others don't have enough to do.
Stressful, but worth it if you can handle it
911 Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 4, 2018
Training is tough, every day is different, and it is highly stressful. However if you can make it through training this can be a very rewarding job. Everyone there is very supportive and helpful. The work environment is actually very nice.
Cons
highly stressful
Steady
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 3, 2018
Fast paced, lots to learn, stagnant, nowhere to go. Pay is ridiculously low. Work expected is more than entry level, however, pay is basically minimum wage. Benefits are great.
Pros
hours don't change
Cons
low pay
During my years (1990 to 1998) management was combative
Courtroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 12, 2018
Spokane County District Court ran on a top down management style during my years there. Multiple grievances and unfair labor practice charges were filed. Management practices were unsound and subjective causing a division within the workforce.

Presently, with the hiring of a new Chief Clerk, Spokane County District Court has completely changed and is sensitive to the needs of its employees.
Pros
My peers were excellent workers
Cons
In the past very draconian
Hard work but great people to work with
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work as a college student in the summer. You work hard, sit out in the sun, and spend most of your day in a truck but you get paid a decent wage. You even get a cool farmers tan by the end of the summer.
Pros
Great pay and greater managment
Cons
Hard work, lots of driving around
I was naive
Practicum student (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 15, 2018
I did my practicum at Juvenile detention. It was a thing for the staff to date interns. I did not feed into it. I could have picked a better placement for a practicum because all I did was play cards with the children.
Pros
it was a practicum
Cons
no clinical skills
Indeed
Management Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  In SpokaneDecember 9, 2017
5. What does a grape say after it’s stepped on?

Nothing. It just lets out a little wine.
6. Why don’t teddy bears ever order dessert.

Because they’re always stuffed.
7. What do you call a bear with no teeth?

A gummy bear.
A good summer job
Road Maintenance Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 6, 2017
A typical government road crew job. They treated you nice and with respect. The hardest part of the job was I am used to a go go go type of job, so the well get there when we get there was hard to get used to.
Pros
Not a lot of stress.
Cons
Can be dangerous when people are not paying attention while driving
Great and fun to work
Park Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 29, 2017
I was an awesome job got to work by myself and with others. Taught me a lot about maintenance sprinkler systems and general to advance lawn maintenance.
Pros
Outside great staff
Cons
seasonal
Library Page Volunteer
Library Page Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 16, 2017
Great work/flexible schedule and coworkers/managers were very fun. I just wish that they would offer more hours/chances to be promoted more easily to other higher up jobs in the Library.
Pros
Great flexible schedule
Cons
Chances of Advancement
My department
Deputy Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 5, 2017
Poor management and very negative, back biting atmosphere. The work itself is very satisfying and I have met some great people but overall the negative tone in my department is very oppressive and difficult to work within.
Fun workplace
Judicial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 4, 2017
What I learned while working at this employer is to enhance my skills with interacting with all walks of life. I learned how to professionally address judges and commissioners and adhere to each judges' likes and dislikes to ensure that their courtrooom ran smoothly each time you were their Judicial Assistant for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet the selected jurors and give them guidence to where they would be in their assigned courtroom for questions. The hardest part of the job would to be to not feel intimidated by judges and commissioners, they are people just like anyone else. I learned a great deal from my mentors.
Pros
Great networking for public services in the town
Cons
Long commute into city
Ever changing environment
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 12, 2017
Spokane County Fair and Expo was always evolving and growing, the trade shows, farm equipment expos, indoor and outdoor events was exciting and controlled chaos at times.
Productive workplace.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 10, 2017
Great staff with a fast past work environment. The Spokane Fair filled with a lot of colorful people from all types of culture backgrounds. While working the fair, I was reasonable for cash handling, cash exchanges and deposits, as well as giving employees breaks.
Pros
Food discounts, Good people
Cons
N/a