Spokeo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fantastic company - promotes a Google style environment as much as possible
Senior / Lead UI Software Engineer - Mobile (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 14, 2018
Free meals! Ping Pong! Pool table - for those so inclined. The environment is pretty chill and for the most part you are free to do most anything as long as your work progresses. There are company parties, outings, D&D sessions, Hackathons and the list goes on. They also sponsor a conference a year and all the local ones - so there's no reason to not stay up-to-date on your tech area.

For someone starting out or someone in a mid-career position that needs a place to work hard and get their bearings - this can be a fantastic opportunity.
Pros
Free lunches, stocked kitchen, ping pong, foosball, pool table, video games, and the normal variety of software oriented affairs
Cons
Can be noisy - open concept office - if you need quiet, you are S.O.L.
The Best Workplace
Customer Care Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 9, 2018
Family like environment, everyone working there cares & lends a helping hand. Team bonding is encouraged in fact the company gives a monthly budget to each team designated to team events. The workload is manageable & input from other teams is seemed before important decisions are made. Catered lunch everyday, fully stocked kitchen with snacks & drinks. AMAZING PEOPLE WORK HERE!
Pros
Pto, medical, dental, vision, 401k, catered lunch, Amazing people
Toxic company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 20, 2017
A typical work day consists of having angry customers yell at you because the product offered is not good quality.

Management consists of people who put zero thought into major decisions or concern for the employees who the new changes will have an effect on.

Their attendance point system is outdated and demotivates employees. There are so many little rules that it feels like grade school.

Take away the little perks and this is just another basic customer service job.
The Customer Care position is a drag.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 11, 2017
Workplace culture deteriorated over the last year that I worked there. You deal with a lot of rude and angry customers and the job itself is repetitive.
Pros
Free lunches and benefits.
Cons
Verbal abuse from customers on an almost daily basis.
Good company, good people, poor pay.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 3, 2017
The company was built on a noble and pure purpose. As far as how they are achieving that currently, I cannot say. Not sure if I agree with business practices, but what can you do in this industry? The people and culture are great and they sincerely care about you. That being said compensation for Customer Care Reps are not sustainable. The benefits and perks are amazing but that doesn't pay rent.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks, great benefits, people care about you.
Cons
Very low pay and unclear career path.
Great Place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 2, 2017
Great Culture! Have met some great individuals here. Room for growth, check. Great learning experience and clear path for growth. Overall a great company.
Free Lunch a Free Healthcare
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 23, 2016
I didn't like the training mgr. She got me sick because she camt to work sick and she was late. I missed 4 days of the 2nd week of training because of her getting me sick. When I get to work they put me on the phone, and when the training mgr saw I was there she listened to every call I took and told me that I sucked at the calls and how I bummed all of them. So I walked out.
Pros
Free lunch, free healthcare, extravagant company party.
Cons
Poor training
Worst job ever
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 19, 2016
Yes! they provide you with catered lunch everyday . But I think that's only to make up for HORRIBLE management that expects you to do a lot more than what you're getting payed for. They continue to make changes after changes that makes the job more complicated & you feel stressed out more than half of the time trying to keep up with the changes. All the customers that call are always upset because of the unsatisfactory service provided, you get lucky if you speak to a happy one in your 8 hour shift. If you're ready to put up with angry people all day, go for it!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
micromanage, repetitive
Productive Fun place to work: Ping pong, Pool, lots of food, great PTO, great health benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros:

- Great startup and resume builder career
- People are fun and work atmosphere is hip
- Flexible schedules
- Free catering for lunch
- Lots of fun perks (Video game area, Fitness reimbursement, Monthly Events)

Cons:

- Customer Service Dept is still in development, lots of constant changes regarding policy
- Entry-level Pay (12.00 per hour)
- Not enough advancement opportunity
- Management could use work regarding workload distribution and evaluations should be based on work performance
- Wage is not up to negotiation
Great work life balance. Great starter job.
Sr Developer (Current Employee) –  PasadenaSeptember 26, 2013
If you are cool with checking your brain at the door this is the place for you. They hire people that are waaay more book smart or talented than they need, then micromanage the dickens out of you. If you've been working for more than 5 years, I suggest you look elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch. Let them eat cake.
Cons
No real autonomy here. Management don't want to grow.
Fun place to work, but not well-managed
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2013
The Spokeo atmosphere is definitely fun, but it is run by a few very young Stanford alumni who have big egos and have difficulty being told new, better ways to do things. Although they tout a relaxed setting, communication there is very poor, and they do not allow for working remotely whatsoever, which can be hard if you have to balance family and work.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Schedules, Pool Table, Ping Pong, Good PTO
Cons
Lacks good management, Zero remote possibilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spokeo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight