Sport Chalet

Sport Chalet Employee Reviews

United States356 reviews

Sport Chalet insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

productive and fun workplace

The store had its days where it would be very slow and then pick up randomly. My coworkers were nice and helpful. Too and this store closed in my area.

It was one of the best places I worked. It was fun and lots of sport benefits to work.

It was the best environment I have ever worked at. If you were athletic or loved sports or just the outside life. It had great benefits. They add extra perks if you wanted to try different sports.

Do not care about workers

Management was rude and didn’t train or help employees.Expected to much out of a small team of people. Was expected to be knowledgeable in departments outside of your own

Sports Chalet was up overall well-rounded workplace for sports enthusiast

I love Sports Chalet they basically had any type of necessary product you would need for your personal Sports activity and I especially like their bicycle Department as well as their snow and ski department where my favorites

Fun to work with sports equipment that I like to have

Company was good to work for but it was a short time due to store closing. Organizing the stock room and readying all the items for final sale and put them on display in the store. Helping the customers to carry their purchases and loading in their cars. Assigned to other stores at different locations.

Sport Chalet closed all locations.

The company closed all locations. I was hired as a store manager trainee. I invested several months of my time to find out they were closing all locations.

Short Term

Very popular sports store and a very energetic staff. Allows you to get in the game but during my work stay at sports Chalet they somehow shut down and went out of business.

Good company-

Learned alot while working here. Great training and specific training in your area and some are done by vendors. Fun environment to work in and management actually cares about employees.

Na

Company was purchased by Eastern Men Sports and liquidated unfortunately. It was a great place to work while it was open. In charge of a large staff that was excited for their jobs daily.

The company went out of business in 2016

It was a great place to work until they were bought in 2016. Then the new management decided to liquidate the company and close all stores. We went out of business in 2016

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sport Chalet?

Short-term job

Sport Chalet hired me in the spring of 2016. They needed temporary employees during the last few months of business as they anticipated high turnover. It was a good job, I learned a lot about retail and how a store operates as it begins to wind down operations.

Very good place to work

Sport Chalet was a fantastic place to work. Co Workers made the slow days go by easily and the customers were always a treat to deal with, especially the ones that came into the area of expertise that i was in. we were the experts.

Family oriented.

Great company to work for, a lot of room for growth. The company makes you challenge your abilities and pushes you to become better at your job. Customer service comes before anything else. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Fun place to work

Here I would run my own register, train a new employees, answer questions, answer phones, greet and say good bye to everybody entering and leaving and make sure that the other 2 departments in the front end of the store were taking care of.

productive workplace

We as a team were goal oriented everyday and focused on getting things done the right way and on time. A typical day would be to go around and seek what customers were looking for and try to sell them an item that they were unsure about or educate them on what they were specifically looking for.

customer service

intake funds through cash, credit cards, gift cards, checks, and coupons stocking, inventory, merchandise, sorting inventory, bookkeeping, and a little cleaning..

Productive and Fun workplace

My overall time spent with Sport Chalet was outstanding. The management team was always very helpful and genuine when it came to checking in with their employees. As my first job, I was able to move up fairly quick and learned so much through the company and my other coworkers. Unfortunately the company liquidated and is no longer in business. If that hadn't been the case, I can assume that I would still be working with the company.

Great starter job

Working at sport chalet as a sales representive was a great starter job for a high school student. The hours were very flexible to my school schedule.

Exciting Sports World

Ability to learn about sporting communities great way to experience outside events through employee rentals and discounts promoted outdoor adventures massive retailer on west coast fun fast paced, driven, people person, knowledge, meeting celebrities

It was very fun, laid back, and a great job all around.

I really enjoyed working there and still would be working there if it had not shut down. Great job advancements and opportunities and treated really well.

Slow

Hardly any work for a sports store. And when there was you didn’t get much of a lunch or a break time. Had to be on the floor assisting past your break and lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Chalet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits