Sport Clips Employee Reviews

Found 1,148 reviews matching the search See all 1,179 reviews
Good work place
stylist (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 20, 2019
Gods working environment. Management depends on every store. Flexible hours. Independently owned, benefits may vary. No weekends off ever. Overall like it .
Pros
Do what you love
Cons
No weekends
March 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We appreciate your dedication to the Sport Clips family and hear you about the weekends. In this industry weekends are the busiest for you guys and your money making times; its just part of the stylist world.

Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 20, 2019
I was able to grow and learn with in this company. I was given the opportunity to advance my career.
The hardest part of working for Sport Clips is working through the weekends and working the late shifts, especially having children.
March 21, 2019

I am so happy to hear that you have been able to learn and grow with us, it is so important to us that our stylists can grow within the company and have the option to step away from the chair when ready. With that being said I would recommend having a discussion with your manager/TL about career paths to get you on a path to grow from behind the chair and get more time on the weekends with your children. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Awesome company, terrible location
Stylist and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 20, 2019
Sports clips is an awesome company to work for! Pay was awesome, tips were awesome, bonus was great. I was trained the sports clips way, to take to another salon and be successful there! Training was confusing because everyone is a manager there. It’s not unusual for you to walk through the store and be stopped by 3 different on shift managers each one telling you something diff to go do. They were very catty with each other and in back room talking about clients. All had been there more than 6 years which is why no one is there less than that. They have each other,, the whole group on group text and they decide your fate amongst each other every night after closing. Don’t plan to stay long, learn from them and take the talent you learn to a more deserving salon
Here again, sports clips AS A COMPANY was awesome. But they have no control over what happens at store level and you will be pushed out, which is why they are all over indeed, and all the other hiring sites begging for stylists. They will continue to hire new people, train them, and lose them.
Ps. Thank you sports clips for the education (I really mean that)
Pros
Pay, tips, bonus, awesome customers
Cons
Management structure if you want to call it that. Worst I’ve ever seen
March 21, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this elaborate feedback, truly! We are sorry to hear that management at your location was an issue, without the feedback we would not know about this. We do plan to pass this on to the correct party. Thank you for being an important part of Sport Clips and we are so happy to hear that we were able to help you learn and grow as a stylist. We hate to see someone so passionate go, but wish you the absolute best in all future endeavors.

Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  BonneylakeMarch 18, 2019
Loved working here. Awesome owners, great clients, good bonuses and loved the environment. The only downfall was compensation. Didn't get paid the best but it was fun. Often times clients would tip great so it ended up evening out.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not good pay
March 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! Our compensation plan is set up to give our stylists multiple ways to grow their income as a stylist with us. Different things like MVPs and retail sales all can help you grow your pay check at your discretion. With that being said the work has to be put in and your manager should make sure that you have all the knowledge and tools to hit these goals and be successful. We hate to see you go, but wish you the absolute best!

Just Wow!
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 16, 2019
I started hopeful, but that quickly changed when I realized the females working there were performing outside of work for customers on very intimate levels. They were more concerned with filling their schedules outside of work than with taking care of the immediate needs in the stores. It was disgusting. I was never so embarrassed to work for a company in my entire life! Don't work here if you value your reputation!
Pros
Cons
Potential prositutes as co-workers.
March 18, 2019

This does not at all align with our core values nor is it anything that this company represents. We are a family owned franchise and take pride in being a family. I would love to know what store you are at so that we can take action on this immediately. I am sorry that this was the case at your location and imagine that it was not the entire store but maybe an individual that is making poor choices. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Eh
HAIR STYLIST/ KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYMarch 16, 2019
Its an okay place to work.
You will like your clients and if you have friends you work with it will be more enjoyable.
Each sport clips is owned by different people so it is inconsistent with each store.
Management and advancement isn't promising.
The pay sucks, the tips are good depending on where you are located.
Absolutely no benefits.
March 18, 2019

You are correct, it depends on where you are located. Insurance and pay are both dependent on the store owner and can differ from location to location at the owners discretion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your clients and coworkers. That is important! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and wish you well in all future endeavors!

Fun upbeat work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 15, 2019
I loved working for Sport Clips. They offer various paid classes and training for all employees. The management was amazing and really made working fun.
March 18, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you! We are sad to see you go but hope that you keep us in mind if ever back in the market looking.

Amazing clients and atmosphere
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 15, 2019
The company itself was great. I really loved the clients and the whole atmosphere. Best salon to work at all around. There's always some drama when your work team is all girls, but it was nothing compared to any other salon I've been at.
March 18, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your time with us and wish you the absolute best!

Its ok
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 15, 2019
Store manager is ok but the higher ups seem to not care. They give you a whole dream about working there but once you are an employee, there is no follow through on what they said they were about and what is promised to you when it comes to their culture. All sport clips are different though because they are franchised and owners as well as area managers are all different.
Pros
Comfy uniforms
Cons
Not many breaks if at all low pay
March 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I recommend sitting down with your manager to discuss your concerns about not following through. We wish you the best and appreciate your review!

As long as you’re not in management it’s a fantastic place to work
Salon Manager/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 15, 2019
Dealing with upper management is like dealing with snakes. As long as you aren’t in their way or in their sights you’re fine.
The minute you disagree it’s open season on mice.
Pros
Paid training, paid CEU hours
Cons
No healthcare
March 18, 2019

We are sorry to hear that this was your experience at this location. This doesn't represent what we stand for and is not in align with our core values. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will notify the correct party. I wanted to let you know that health care does depend on location and some locations do offer this to our employees, so ask before hire! Thanks again for the feedback and we wish you the best.

Awesome Customers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 13, 2019
I really enjoyed my job at SportClips. I loved my regular customers who came in specifically for me to cut their hair. I loved the owners it was franchise. The management on the other hand was lacking tremendously. All she did was came in and slept in the back while everyone else ran the store for her.
March 18, 2019

Wow, I am very sorry to hear this about management at this store. This is not something that is tolerated and I do plan to pass this on to the correct party to look into this further. We are happy to hear that you still enjoyed your job here with us and hope that you know management differs from location to location. If you are ever back in the market we hope that you will try out another location! Good luck in all future endeavors!

Structured and productive work enviroment made for team members to earn top competing compensation.
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 13, 2019
1. Majority of men and boys haircuts. Opportunities for stylist to earn more compensation by upgrading their clients visits, including pressure point head shampoo's, shoulder and neck messages and take home hair care products.
2. In the stylist aspect I learned the value of each client's experience while in your chair and my professionalism increased. I learned the value of making the numbers a story. How to increase my paycheck and clientele base by watching and constantly adjusting my personal productivity numbers. Sales training.
3. Management is dependant on franchise. Long and many hours but promotions are highly satisfying do to the work they require working up the latter.
4. Laid back sports enviroment for men and boys. Stylist are wear comfortable uniforms including tennis shoes for foot health.
5. The beginning and getting use to the highly structured system.
6. Clients and fellow co workers.
March 18, 2019

This is awesome feedback, thank you!! Our goal is to provide our stylists with the best training and opportunity to grow in your profession within the company. Providing you guys with the upmost comfort while standing these longer hours is also something that is very important to us; from our special anti-fatigue floors to our uniforms that have been made to provide your legs and back the most support, specific to Sport Clips. Thanks again for the feedback, best wishes!

sports environment with tv's
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 11, 2019
Fast-paced, the hardest part was standing on your feet all day .
The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with new people everyday. A typical day involves opening salon ,performing mostly men and boy haircuts . Selling product and upgrading services like beard details and mvps (haircut, massaging shampoos and neck and shoulder massages.
March 13, 2019

We appreciate the feedback and you highlighting our MVP. It is one of our favorites! I hear you about standing on your feet all day, we work very hard to make sure we provide our stylists with the best support and comfort for your legs and back. From our anti fatigue flooring to our new compression leggings that work to support and provide the most comfort during these long periods of standing. Thank you again for the feedback, best wishes!

very fast paced shop
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 11, 2019
My typical day at work is very busy and I work well with others
what I learned as a stylist is my customer service I've grown a lot with educating my self of professional products. The management
right now is very poor and needs a lot of work. The hardest part of my job is taking over hours or certain days no-one wants to work there is a-lot of set scheduling and favoritism. The most enjoyable part of my job is my clients and having conversations with them and making sure they are happy with their end result.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
healthcare
March 14, 2019

We love to hear that you are growing as a stylist and educating yourself! Scheduling can be tough at times, I recommend sitting down and discussing this with your manager, maybe you guys can come to an understanding together. We are happy to hear you enjoy your clientele so much, this is so important! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, best wishes!

Fun and comfortable
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2019
They let me wear yoga pants and tennis shoes and I really enjoy that. I enjoy the company and enjoy watching sports while I work and cut hair. It is modern and up to date.
March 13, 2019

We aim to make our stylist as comfortable as possible and give the support you guys need to have while standing on your feet for hours at a time. Thank you for giving us your feedback. We appreciate your dedication to the Sport Clips family!

Busy productive place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 8, 2019
Liked sport clips system. Treated fairly and salary was fair. I liked the many educational classes that were offered. Would have liked more opportunities for advancements
Pros
Consistent clients and system
Cons
Schedule changes frequently
March 13, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback! If you are ever find yourself back looking we do offer lots of advancement and guidance on career paths here within our company outside of the salon. We wish you the best in all future endeavors!

Welcoming, patient
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 5, 2019
The stylist were helpful when possible. Everyone did their part during busy times. When it was closing time everyone did their duty to get out sooner.
March 7, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you for your hard work and we wish you the absolute best in all future endeavors!

Fun place to work
Stylist Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 4, 2019
It is a very up beat fun place to work. Some of the locations are very fast paced. If you work hard you can make good money. The owners are nice and show appreciation to the employees.
March 5, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate your time and wish you the absolute best in all future endeavors.

ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALMarch 4, 2019
good place, lots of drama at our store! However, great environment. Good owners with a sometimes helping attitude. Get the chance to work with many different people and the clients are wonderful people.
March 13, 2019

Strong leadership is key. The leadership sets the tone for the rest of the store. We are happy to hear that you have a strong relationship with your clientele! Thank you for giving us your feedback, best wishes!

Loved the people and clients there!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2019
It was one of my favorite jobs! It was quite easy for me and I learned everything in training quick! I loved my coworkers and clients. Always fun and had great energy!
March 5, 2019

Thank you for takin the time to give us your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope that you keep us in mind if ever back in the market!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight