Sport Clips Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2018
Management was very poorly manage and it was like back to high school again. Also company does not want to hire stylists full time nor want to give full stylists benefit.
Pros
No uniform, you and wear your workout outfits to work
Cons
Stylists can not paid rent on 20 hours or 30 hours a week.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback. We will send this input to the appropriate person for review. Thank you for your time with us.

Nice place to build clientele
Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2018
I enjoyed my team and the overall atmosphere of sport cclips. I love when corporate would come to our shop and make sure we are up to date on haircuts
August 17, 2018

Goodm morning! Thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your time with us.

SportClips is the best company I've ever been employed by.
Stylist/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 16, 2018
The work place in very inviting and friendly. All of my co-workers and I have a lot in common and we have a lot of fun together. We are just like a bunch of sisters. All of management is exceptional and helpful. We are given tips and advice on how to better our numbers and haircuts. Our team works very well together, daily cleaning is a breeze, helping calm a child that isn't to happy about getting a haircut, or even just being someone to talk to about life.
TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!
Pros
When we cover shifts, stay late or come in early, we get to pick an item from the 'stylist of the week' box for being a team player.
Cons
My feet hurt at the end of my shifts. haha
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Have you tried sketchers or Adidas with cloud foam support? We appreciate your commitment to Sport Clips!

fun productive hard working environment
stylist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 16, 2018
*a typical day at work is up beat driven and fun -- I thoroughly enjoy my job and love the team I work with
*I have worked at many different salons and have never found one quite like sport clips _
*I love the team atmosphere and the management is genuine and amazing !! I love my managers and bosses and am grateful for this opportunity!!
they lead by example and have a strong work ethic

the hardest part of my job is hair slivers LOL
Pros
good pay, great company, great atmosphere
Cons
no overtime .. I love it here!!
August 17, 2018

We appreciate your time with Sport Clips and for your input. Yes, hair slivers are no fun! While we cannot prevent them entirely, wearing the new logo smocks can be helpful. They shield some of that :)

Productive and fun working.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
The environment is really fun. Every one gets along great and even the clients have a good time when they go in for cuts. The store is always presentable and the staff always take care of the clients very well.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Sport Clips! We look forward to seeing you grow :)

everyone is friendly and very fun to be around .
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 15, 2018
i love the work place, everyone i work with is amazing. team work is what we are all about. being a part of a team that has turned in to part of my family is totally amazing. i wouldnt trade my work place for anything .
Pros
amazing staff, enough people staffed to take time off (my old salon only had 3 employees)
Cons
i cant think of any
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your time with Sport Clips!

Respectable career and the team is more like a family.
Barber (Current Employee) –  IA601August 15, 2018
Respectable career and the team is more like a family. I’ve worked for SportClips going on 15 years. I’ve done a lot with my life and for my children because of my employment with SportClips. SportClips is a wonderful company to work for especially if you have a solid TL and good manager that follows the core values and the five point play. That is what sets us aside from everyone else and gives us respect in our profession. I am now a stay home mom and have stepped down to only working a few hours a week. I enjoy the time outside of my home spending with the team at SportClips and the many wonderful clients. Working for SportClips is a positive life changing career. I am very proud of myself and all my accomplishments with SportClips!
Pros
Positive uplifting working environment
Cons
No cons love my job!
August 16, 2018

Thank you f or your time and dedication to Sport Clips! We appreciate your feedback!

Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 15, 2018
It was a great environment not only for the staff but for the clients as well . It gave men a place to feel pampered in a masculine way. Great compensation packages
work
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 14, 2018
I loved working at sport clips, my team was always right there and helped with any problems I had, The team environment was always positive.The team lead made himself always available for any questions. The managing team always ready to help with anything.
Stressful if you can’t get done in a certain amount of time
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GAAugust 13, 2018
Cutting guys hair cuts. Selling products, making commission sales, sweeping areas for next customer. Trying to make tips after making a customer happy with their hair cut. Manager could be pushy making us work harder when customers didn’t want to buy product, they just wanted hair cut.
Pros
Cons
Could not get off to see kids play ball or help out at school
August 14, 2018

Thank you for for your time with us at Sport Clips. Our goal is to provide a championship experience for every client, which does mean that we follow a system. This ensures consistency for every client, every time.

We appreciate your feedback and have shared the information with the appropriate party for review. We wish you the best!

Fast paced, friendly salon.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 13, 2018
I’ve worked here off and on for a couple years now. I do enjoy working here but they go through stylists so quickly. And they tend to rehire unreliable stylists. Scheduling is never fair as I would close way more than every one else. Seems like some people are more favored.
Tips are good most days.
Cons
No health insurance. No real benefits. No paid maternity leave.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time with us at Sport Clips and have sent your input to the appropriate person for review. Benefits offered are different for each location, since we are a franchise.
We wish you the best and hope you continue to be a part of the Sport Clips team!

Well paying and quick paced
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDAugust 13, 2018
I worked almost 40 hours a week as an 18 year old and there isn’t a lot of free time when it comes to school or having a social life. Eighty percent of the time there is a long wait of client so you have to be on your feet at all times without breaks for hours (6-8). Good money with tips, hourly, and commission.
Pros
Tips and commission
Cons
No breaks if busy which is all the time
August 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your time with Sport Clips! We have taken note of your input and shared it with the appropriate person.

Personal and career growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEAugust 7, 2018
I love that I can improve my talents, advance in my career, and constantly make the money I need. Along with additional training, I've gotten an amazing clientele as well. I love that my team leaders are hands on, And they're constantly showing their support For us. I truly believe I work for the greatest team in the city!
Pros
Full time, paid Vacations, team contests, team atmosphere, Comfortable dress code
Good work/Great clientele
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
At the particular location I was at, we had a wonderful and loyal clientele. That was the best part! We had a really good manager who was awesome and she was always willing to work with whatever you needed, to an extent. She was fair and a reliable.
Great workplace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 7, 2018
I'm really happy I chose Sport clips as my place of employment, they have a wonderful team, everyone pitches in to help one another, they work with my schedule with my children, witch is amazing! And they have good pay, as well as being able to move up on the pay scale and make more $$$, they want you to work smarter not harder!!
Career worthy! Not just a job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 7, 2018
If you want bosses that care about you at work, and away from work; that consider your wants, needs and goals-this is the place.
Hourly+Commissions+Tips+bonus levels
Major Holidays off!
Flexible Schedule!
*Advancement opportunities allow you to grow with the company.*
Easy to build clientele!
Pros
Team Outings!
August 8, 2018

Thank you for your input! We appreciate your dedication to Sport Clips!

Great Place to work.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 7, 2018
Great team members. Team outings to celebrate your hardwork. Flexible scheduling. Fun environment. You stay busy. Great pay and tips. Have opportunity to grow.
August 8, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your commitment to Sport Clips!

Great Team leaders who care
Manager (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 7, 2018
Hands down the best salon I’ve worked at. Our Team leaders are amazing and I’ve got an amazing group of girls. Sport clips allows me to have a great work and life balance to enjoy time with my husband and family and plan fun trips. Best company with the best people!!
Pros
Great team leaders, Paid vacation, Flexible scheduling
Cons
no 401K
Love love love
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2018
Love working at SportClips. Our team leaders are great, my store manger is amazing! Great company. Flexible scheduling, great pay, great team members!
Elkhorn Nebraska location**Great atmosphere!! Great pay!! Great team!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn nebraskaAugust 7, 2018
All around great company!! Our team leaders are THE BEST!!! Great culture, fun friendly and understanding! Pay is above average! Flexible with schedules and great work life balance!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight