Sport Clips Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to work if you have flexibility in your life
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHOctober 20, 2018
Amazing place to work, awesome culture and coaches, room for advancements, helpful classes! Sometimes it could be a bit demanding, and Team Leaders could be a bit more understanding of women with families. "If you take care of your employees, your employees will take care of you"
Pros
Provided busy clientele, Amazing culture, paid benefits, good paying salary
Cons
Demanding schedule, worked most holidays unpaid, short staffed, micromanaged
Sport Clips is a great place to make a career
Coach (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 20, 2018
I have worked for Sport Clips for 6 years. I have had a tremendous Team behind me willing to help me grow professionally and personally. I love where I work and I love what I do.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Long hours most days
10 years experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 18, 2018
I've grown a lot as a stylist and as a manger with Sport Clips. I was able to utilize my skills and always had the opportunity to grow. I feel that my time with Sport Clips has reached it's highest potential and I am very grateful for my time spent with this amazing company. I am ready to spread my wings and apply my many skills in a new industry or within the same field as long as I am able to grow.
Pros
schedule flexiblity
Cons
abilty to grow beyond management
Good training for job advancement within the company
Area Coach/Educator (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at work was always different in my position. Sometimes I was in office. Other days I was visiting the 20 stores in the Austin area.
I learned a lot about being a leader, product knowledge, recruitment, and technical skills.
I loved the opportunity that I got to be able to make an impact in peoples life. And be a part of there growing careers.
Pros
Good benefits, free luches at least 2 times a week
Cons
Work life balance was tough
October 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for your time with us at Sport Clips. We are happy to hear that you have grown with us, but are sad to hear that your work life balance is tough. Please connect with your Manager about your needs and roadblocks. We certainly would like to help!

Part time hours
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAOctober 15, 2018
They are constantly hiring, one must ask oneself why that is. They call 25 hours per week full time. No room for career advancement. No set scheduling.
Pros
Comfy work uniforms
Cons
Never make a decent living
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your review and for the time you spent with us at Sport Clips. Your feedback was sent to the appropriate party for review. It sounds like the store you were at, was not a good fit. We hope you consider us in the future. There are several stores in your surrounding area.

Fun place to work
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX and Killeen, TxOctober 15, 2018
I have a positive experience with Sport Clips. The Franchise owners that I worked for where great. I was part of their management team at the 3 locations I worked at. I learned how to perfect mens haircuts, how to be a positive and effective manager and learn about different sports. The hardest part of the job, was during rush hour and coming home to hair clippings on you. You definitely work for your pay.
Pros
great work environment, upper management and benefits.
Cons
rush hour, need to have extra support shoes and short hair clipping on to your clothing
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your time with Sport Clips. We hear your feedback about the hair and about supportive shoes! We have new uniforms coming out that help deflect hair clippings and you have the ability to wear comfortable, and supportive athletic shoes :) Please keep us in mind in t he future. We wish you the best!

ehhh, don’t work there if your young and want a life 🤷🏼‍♀️
Assiant Manager in training (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIOctober 14, 2018
It drains you, like you’ll work every weekend, even if you say you can’t, the days you request off won’t happen. Mangerment will lie about you. It’s just an awful place to work if your young and want to make something of yourself. I barely got a break... and work 9am-8pm every day.. I did get paid great but it killed me a little.. and it still is
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We sad to hear that your experience was less than stellar. Your feedback was sent to the appropriate party for review. Please keep us in mind in the future. We have may have a location near you that is a better fit.

We're a team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbury mnOctober 10, 2018
I love my co workers, everyone is understanding and caring. We help each other out. We have a strong team and love to add more. I love what do every day
Pros
Great pay with great people
October 11, 2018

Thank you for submitting a review and for your commitment to Sport Clips.

Good place
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTOctober 7, 2018
Good place to work but a single parent having certain hours and not gettingbits not good. I want to work more hours to have a better life for my daughter
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your dedication to Sport Clips! We encourage you to discuss your hours with your manager, and/or ask your TL if there is another location you can pick up additional hours at.

Good experience
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 5, 2018
Management was helpful with working around your schedule if needed. They were good with ongoing education and had classes for you to attend to educate yourself more about the company.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sad to here that you are no longer with us and hope our paths cross again, in the future.

Location location
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CA 95991October 2, 2018
I love this company but the store here in Yuba City is a shame. The manager is awful, judgmental and passive aggressive. You are called in early and on your days off with threats of less hours and a bad attitude from the manager. She refuses to work with your availability and talks as if she knows everything but in reality has less experience than most she employs.
Pros
Na
Cons
Manager
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience, and have sent your input to the appropriate party for review. Your time with Sport Clips is appreciated!

Without a doubt my favorite job I’ve had.
Stylist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILOctober 2, 2018
Sport clips is by far the best company I have worked for. I fit right in. Before working at sport clips I never sold a product on my own because it wasn’t something my previous work had us worry about. But coming to sport clips it opened my eyes to product knowledge and improved my retail. I find it really fun to help our clients get to know their hair and get to know our products, showing them how to use product. It made me happy to find a store with girls who are welcoming , clean and all on the same page with how the store is run.
Pros
Exciting experience, busy, amazing tips, fun staff
Cons
Short staffed, busy, recently hours have been overwhelming
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found a fit at Sport Clips, and appreciate your commitment!

Fun atmosphere
Stylist and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXOctober 2, 2018
Sportclips is a fun ,inviting atmosphere which allows you to form bonds and relationships with your team. Laid back work space that allows u to challenge yourself with new trends and cuts!
Pros
Commission based income
Cons
Not many chances for career advancements or raises.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your time with Sport Clips, and encourage you to speak with your Area Coach and Team Leader about career opportunities in your area. There are career paths/opportunities you may not be aware of. We did send your feedback to the appropriate party for review. Have a great week!

Love what you do and love where you work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 2, 2018
I have been with SportClips for 6 years and wouldn’t want to work anywhere else!! I have grown rapidly in my career at a youn age and plan to keep growing with the help of my team members!
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your commitment to Sport Clips! I hope you had a great time at the Coaches Huddle last week!

Managing the Salon
Manager (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXOctober 2, 2018
As a manger of the salon, there were a lot of unpaid hours, because of the lack of pain for overtime. Come in early and leave late was a daily event. Learning the schedule and payroll hours and book keeping of inventory was a plus. Over all the workplace was fun, cheerful and determined to be the best around. Sometimes dealing with unhappy customers made for a tough day, but in the end making the happy was our mission. Enjoyed working with my girls and learning about the team. We came together and did just that, worked as a team.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and for your time with Sport Clips. Being a Manager can be hard work, but it should be very rewarding! We are glad you benefitted from your experience, and we wish you the best! We hope our paths cross again, in the future.

Could be fun, but poor management
Barber/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31909October 1, 2018
The company Sport Clips is a good company. The problem is the poor management and ownership. I think the company should pre-screen the people who becomes owners of the Sport Clips.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Poor management
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is important for Team Members to speak up when something is not aligning. We sent your input to the appropriate party for review and consideration.

Caring owners and a family atmosphere.
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 1, 2018
I have been with Sport Clips for 8 years and in the industry for 16 years. I started as a stylist and moved my way into management quickly. I have worked as an Area Coach in our market for 3 years. I in that time was involved with 23 new Sport Clips Grand Openings. I work with the Chelberg team doing recruitment and training and development.
Sport Clips changed my life. It opened my eyes to the potential that could be in this industry. I almost left completely before finding this great group of people. It makes me feel so good to be a part of a company that recognizes ad values hard work.
Pros
Recognition, Great Pay, Great Culture, Fast Paced, Great Clients
Cons
Family work life balance.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your commitment to Sport Clips, and for making time to leave a review.

Bad management and owners
Assiatant Manager / stylist (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2018
I used to be an assistant manager at a sport clips. Worked there for about a year and a half, all of a sudden 10 days before Christmas myself and the manager had a falling out, the next morning I was fired with no explanation of why. Still to this day almost 2 years later the owners never called me or reached out to me, and I still have no idea why I was fired. To me that is awful management and ownership. Communication is key.
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
No paid time off, no benefits
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review and we apologize for the lack of communication. We sent your review to the appropriate party for review.

Love work
Area Coach (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2018
I have been at Sport Clips for over 11 years and have loved it. The flexibility in scheduling, working for a company that has a mission statement that is not about money, it is all about the Client.
Pros
Flexible schedules
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and your commitment to Sport Clips! Have a great week!

Great Place for just out of school Stylists!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTSeptember 23, 2018
Flexible hours and schedule, and you stay busy! Great company with values that they spread throughout the whole company. Fun activities, and great clients.
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your time with us at Sport Clips!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight