Sports Authority Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 26 reviews matching the search See all 2,280 reviews
Loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2018
This job taught me so much I just hate that it went out of business because I saw myself working there for very long time! I really loved working with the people there! ^_^
fun and good learning experience
Apparel Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2018
as a apparel manager my job was very exciting a learning experience, in my opinion their was no hard part of the job the most enjoyable part was teaching and reworking the new floorplans and helping the customers..
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
A typical work day was long and tiring, but worth it. management was pretty good and fair. Easy going environment. hardest part was putting back shoes. most enjoyable is listening to music while recovering merch
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
shoe recovery
No longer in business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
No longer in business, however this was a good company to work for, i enjoyed my time with this company while they were open, sad to see them go out of business.
It was an OK entry Level position
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
A typical day at any retailer. Learned alot about floor surveillance. Often times management was not professional and did not have the Team Members backing in dealing with customers.
Sports authority
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this job. Not really a comfortable environment all the time. Management has its flaws and could definitely be more active as far as employees
was a job
sales lead customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2017
it was okay good for college students nothing special a little side money as a part time gig.. pretty much sell and communicate with customers nothing special
Pros
Cons
pay
Wonderful working environment with awesome customer service, and sales associates.
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2016
I was responsible for making sure all associates knew about loss prevention, and asset protection, and also making sure they understood the difference. I was also responsible for ensuring the safe of all persons inside of the Sport's Authority facility.
Productive Workplace
Receiving Lead/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
Was a great company to work for up until the last and final days. They went out of business and left their employees with nothing.
Pros
Great Discount
Bad upper Management that ran the company out of business
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2016
horrible place to work if you had any integrity. the tenured management staff did not believe in doing any kind of work and just barked orders.
Cons
too many to remember all
Fun, fast paced environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2016
Overall, Sports Authority has been a good company to work for. Good work/life balance. Good pay for management and leads.
Pros
Amazing discount, fun environment, loyal customers
Cons
Not enough payroll, conflicting priorities from upper management
Management Chaos
Senior Lead Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2016
This company needs a lot improvement with selectivity when hiring. Management could be a little more considerate of their employees.
An ok company to work for
Sales Authority/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2015
Sports authority is a typical retail job. There are good days, and hectic/annoying days, and the discount is great. The pay isn't the greatest. Hours aren't consistent. You're expected to do a lot, but there isnt any significant rewards to putting in the hard work, other than the few items that are commissioned. What really makes or breaks your overall experience at sports authority is the people you work with, including your management team. For my experience, I find my coworkers, in general, to be great people to work with. My management team, however isnt as enjoyable. I want to feel that management supports me as an employee, that means correcting work related behaviors that are believed to be sub-par. Instead, they speak of your work habits behind your back, never addressing the issues, and will cut your hours ( even down to one day a week) with no explanation, warning, and/or conversation. They are unorganized, and often times very petty, and sneaky. "The customer is always right", is a concept that is carried out even at the expense of the business( a return was accepted with a reciept that was a year old!!) and even at the expense of the employee! Often times a member of management will undermine something that you (the employee) have already told the customer is against policy. Why have store policies, if you're not going to abide by them? Though not every member of the management team, overall management has made my experience at sports authority a very frustrating one.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Little compensation, no benefits
fun place to work
sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Sales Authority
• Supported management duties and objectives with attentiveness and enthusiasm
• Provided excellent customer service (acknowledged in the corporation newsletter)
• Directed team members to complete everyday company objectives
Dont think about it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metro AtlJanuary 12, 2015
Managers micromanage and bully. Coworkers are catty. The pay is terrible and store manager acts as if he's done you a favor by paying 50 over minimum wage. No chance for advancement
Pros
Discount
Cons
See above
Not a great place
Senior Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 24, 2014
This place is a ghost town in Atlanta, little compensation for selling big ticket items. You would be much better off working at Academy sports or Dick's because they at least see traffic so you won't be bored.
Friendly Staff
VISUAL MERCHANDISING/SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
A typical workday here includes merchandising multiple departments, using AS400 equipment to price and categorize merchandise. Processing and returning defective merchandise or the distribution center. Assisting customers and tracking my sales.
Investigations
AREA INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJanuary 5, 2014
I worked on internal and external investigations

Completed Company / Local / State and Federal Audits

Managed a Team of 12 Investigators , Oversea 22 Stores, 19 Store Managers
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits, Company Reimbursement
Fun workplace
service rep (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2013
Great company to work for, learned a lot of things about sport equipment.
Productive and fun experience
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2013
I learned alot about sports and how to assist differnt customers. I enjoyed the interaction betweenme and the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight