Sports Authority Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 2,301 reviews
Great place, It's a shame they dont exist anymore
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
This. corporation. does. not. exist. anymore.

Just. needed. to. fill. out. space. not. a. lo.t to. say. good work place. it just doesn't exist anymore
Fun Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2015
This job was fun to do. The management was a little inconsistent and made things a little more difficult at times. The communication was not great but overall I enjoyed my time here.
Kind of Difficult
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2014
High Volume, I learned to stay to myself with people who are rude, My managers where rude, my coworkers where rude and I couldn't work there very long, hardest part was coming in seeing my coworkers being rude back to the customers who was having a bad day or had something smart to say. I didn't enjoy this job at all
fun place to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2014
great coworkers, will make good friends
very likeable management
can request days off
laid back, enjoyable atmosphere
certain items commission based pay
hardest part are the busy holidays
Good Workplace environment
Hardlines/Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2014
The Sports Authority was a good place to start my work career. I got a job there straight out of high school. If someone was to ask me the best part of working at Sports Authority I would tell them the work environment. The management all the way down are very friendly and are willing to teach the new comers. It is a very relaxing place to work where you are not pressured into making a sales goal but are encouraged when you succeed in reaching that goal.
Stay Away
footwear sales lead (Current Employee) –  austin txNovember 16, 2012
I have been working for this company for 6 years, they really do not take care of the employees at ALL. They will discount bad customers then make you feel as it is your fault. I moved from a store in Colorado only to lose my pay, and hours and that is with a promotion. Make less now in Austin than I did when I started with the company 6 years ago. You are a number to them ecp, insoles, and customer loyalty cards are all they care about. If you do not sell all of these things, they consistently threaten you with your job, but are quick to remind you how lucky you are to have a job. Avoid working for them if you can they will only try and get everything out of you for as little as humanly possible.
Typical Work Day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxJune 26, 2012
A normal work day usually consisted of fixing racks, assisting customers to find the items they wanted/needed, working a cash register, stocking the sales floor, unpacking boxes, maintaining a clean work environment.