Sports Authority Employee Reviews in Boynton Beach, FL

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 2,292 reviews
Business closed
Hardlines Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 7, 2018
I began working at this store after hearing it would be shutting down in August of 2016. I wanted a job for over the summer so this worked out perfectly for me.
I loved the company. I made alot of friends for life.
Casher/Sale Specialist/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 4, 2017
• Oversee store fellow employees checking out customers and making sure that each transaction was accurate.
• Responsible for stocking sales floor shelves three times a week and submitting inventory reports to management.
• Responsible for handling the return items and matching up the return items with inventory database.
No hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 24, 2017
They don't enough hours for employees. If you looking to make hours this place is not for you. Benefits are not that good if you looking for good benefits at work you might want to work somewhere else.
fast pace workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 10, 2017
I was an employee at Sports Authority for only 4 weeks due to the company going out of business. My time there I gained a lot of skills mostly pertaining to how to do things quickly. There were certain times of the day where the check out line would reach the back of the store and I would be the only cashier. I was taught to remain calm to prevent any mistakes, and to prevent upsetting any customers.
Typical corperate america
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Well I enjoyed working there the company lacked a positive winning culture. They over worked few individuals and had irrelevant goals that didn't impact the company.
Enjoyable job especially if you are into sports
Fitness, Golf and customer service specialist (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2013
It's your everyday retail job with a twist of fun. There is always room to learn and move up in the company if you do what's asked of you and sell. There are a lot of rules and company policies to remember but once you get them down it will come naturally. This job has its exciting moments when you make money off certain items sold throughout the month which adds up quickly.
Pros
commission
Cons
always keeping your sales up
Very productive
Operations Manager - Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 22, 2012
A typical day at Sports Authority was always filled with excitement and challenges. You never knew how each day would turn out thats why as management i had to make sure that everyone who worked with me had goals to meet by the end of their shifts, as well as working together as a team to ensure that we would make our days sales. The hardest part of this job was just always trying to keep everyone on the same page when there were multiple things to be done. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was learning about all kinds of sports from my team and meeting customers who enjoy sports.
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
healthcare not too great
Good
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 11, 2012
When I started management was a little shakey. There was never a constant set of rules, in fact the reason I left was because of the lack of consistency with rules. about 6 months before I left they got a great management team transferred into the store, and it turned around immensly. The atmosphere is fun and everyone gets along.