Sports Authority Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 2,280 reviews
No Longer In Business
Fixture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2019
Sports Authority is no longer in business. It was a great place to work with wonderful people. I appreciate all the career opportunity and experience gained at Sports Authority.
N/a
Event Monitor/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part about the job were the people i worked with also being able to see the game live in person. A typical day at work was to clean the the stadium out and depending on the day we would ride the cars around in the stadium which was fun in my opinion.
Great Workplace
Electrical Apprentice/Electrical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 22, 2018
How lucky to work for the Broncos? The workplace is relaxed and all employees are family of the Broncos. Going to work is fun and the day is full of new tasks.
Company is Bankrupt and no longer in business
Engineer 1, Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2017
No Longer in Business. Bankrupt. Nobody can work here. I was laid off. Too bad because this was a great company. I would still be working at TSA if they did not go out of Business.
Company is out of business
Director of Merchandise / Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2017
The company has gone out of business. It was a horrible place to work and very poorly run. The management was incompetent, DISHONEST, and not qualified.
Not in business anymore
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2017
TSA was a fun job that was great with my college schedule. I learned a ton of things from working there. The management was my favorite managers that I ever worked for. Hardest part of my job was the holidays, most enjoyable was the associates that worked there.
Productive and fun workplace
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 29, 2017
Working at sports authority is a great experience and a nice opportunity to advance in social skills. Every co worker I have is nice and respectable . The management is great and always have a smile.
Pros
Discount on stadium food
Cons
Short breaks
Great Work Environment
Seasonal Assistant Buyer - Swimwear and Outerwear (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
Great team work environment..Sports Authority no longer exists so I was unable to respond to some of the above questions. I worked at the corporate office up until the company went out of business.
Great
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204September 13, 2017
Its great but only seasonal not a lot of opportunity to move up but its a fun time at games! Must be 18 and flexible with game days thats all that matters if you work there.
Hard but good place
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2017
Have to be fast but good place to have worked at. You work on unloading trucks scanning and logging in information on products . After checked all merchandise it is sent to stores.
Raninto the ground by greedy, egoistic idiots.
Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2017
Why do I have to waste characters reviewing my former, now defunct, bankrupt ex-employer? I would not suggest applying for any position at this company.
Best place I ever worked
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2017
Shame they went under because this was a great company and took care of their people. Family environment and working there was an absolutely great experience.
Fast paced, fun environment, Work life balance was great
Retail Associate/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2017
I worked at Sport's Authority for a short time. It was great hours, work life balance, and the managers were great. If you were not liked for lack of work ethic, you were singled out. Hard work, you will get along fine there.
Its a fun place to work with a chance to meet NFL players
Wheelchair Attendant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2017
I stand at the gates and wait for people to come up to me and ask for a wheelchair and then I just wheel them to their seat and at the end of the game I take the fans from their seats to outside the stadium to get to their cars
Company no longer exists
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2017
I liked working here when I did it was a seasonal job and was very fast paced the discounts were great and they had many different locations my co workers were awesome also
Great environment
Sales Associate/Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2017
Sports Authority had long shifts, that involved lots of moving around. The people who work there are all very friendly and the atmosphere was fun and inclusive.
Difficult workplace
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
Sports Authority was the most political company I have ever worked for. Even if you were able to do a job with more responsibilities unless you were liked by the managers you were not going to get promoted. There was no room for growth.
Pros
Cons
Negative and uninviting workplace
Good work experience for me, despite the companies financial instability.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2016
Although sports authority had begun to go bankrupt by the time I began working there, it was valuable work experience for me getting to interact with a large corporation and many customers each day.
Pros
Long lunch, good discount
Cons
Very long closing hours
Great team environment
District Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2016
The company was a great place to work with talented people. The company failed to act on under performing stores, focused on risky market expansions, and lost sight of proper product mix leading to its demise
Fun, motivating place to work with many opportunities to advance
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2016
It was a good place to work with many advancement opportunities. As a Demand Planner, I worked with many different team members to set up and forecast product, analyze actualities, trends and advertising results. Management usually provided what I needed to do my job. The hardest part of the job sometimes was getting more responsibility, but it was rewarding to see product move through the processes of selection, set up, promotion, in-store visual, sales, and checking actualizations to what was forecasted. The best part was the team members- what a great group of people. It's sad that Sports Authority is gone now, due to, in my opinion, poor leadership decisions 6-8 years ago by previous leadership that could not be overcome by the current, much better leadership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight