Sports Authority Employee Reviews in Miami, FL

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 2,279 reviews
Nice job to start out in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 31, 2018
Great job to start out in but not one to stay long in. Learned a lot about time management and teamwork aswell as working with different types of people.
Supportive and Enjoyable working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2018
-Typical day at work consisted of gathering up with the department managers and going over the daily, weekly and monthly goals for each department.
-I learned that working as a team is extremely beneficial rather than working individually.
-The work environment was not only enjoyable but it was a learning environment as well.
- Hardest part of the day was closing and making sure the store was perfect before leaving.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and learning from other employees.
Pros
Sometimes the store manager Maria Lage would buy some of the associates lunch.
Cons
Short breaks and there wasn't enough customers so sales began to decrease.
okay place
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2018
It was okay to work here but they went out of business. Job Work/Life Balance was ok.
Compensation/Benefits was ok.
Job Security/Advancement was ok.
Management was ok.
Job Culture was ok.
Doesn't exist
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2017
The review for this company is not really important because this company doesn't exist anymore. It was a good company while it lasted. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the environment.
Fun work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
I worked as a cashier / Sales associate at Sports Authority. Management was very well with flexibility as I needed to work around a flexibly shift due to still being in school. The most enjoyable part of the job that there was always something to do and the coworkers gave a good environment to come to work to.
Fun place to work in.
CASHIER/SALES REPRESENTATIVE SPORTS AUTHORITY (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Typical day at work was hectic and quick paced daily. management was strict but beneficial because it provided us role models of customer service and ideal way of treating people in the most professional way.
Pros
great discounts! flexible hours!
Cons
short or no breaks..
great workplace for beginners or part time job
Cashier and Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2017
You must look presentable in uniform. Greet each customer and suggests add on items. Maintain a clean environment and be aware of surroundings and front door.
fun and exciting work field
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 31, 2017
Fast paced environment and met a lot of different people. Was the top sales associate for 2 months straight, yet they did not compensate my efforts fairly. Was asked to train new hires and received praise from supervisors for my good work.
Great place for a first job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  miami,flJune 20, 2017
Company has closed now due to bankruptcy, but overall it was a great employer. Great for teens looking for a first job right out of high school. Not too stressful but can get busy at times.
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 7, 2017
Definitely one of my favorite jobs. The staff was amazing. I knew all of my regular customers. The work environment was amazing. They understood that I was in school so they worked around my class schedules. Definitely wish I didn't have to leave. I still keep in contact with all of my co-workers.
typical day at work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2017
typical day at work is sales, working at the cash register, have all areas clean, working with clothes, fitness utilities , and show great customer service to people.
Pros
good day
Cons
bad day
Productive and Diverse
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Management: sometimes they would promote not the hardest working employees but instead the ones who are closest to the managers.

What I learned: was to work together with other employees even when it wasn't my duty to be in their department.
Sports Authority
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2016
Extremely fun place to work at. This is the perfect job for young adults.
loved working and being creative
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
company in general was very bad treated employees very unfair but i enjoyed working as a assitant manager. did what many couldnt do si i was always active and working. learning more for future jobs .
Pros
machines and actually liking the job
Cons
management
Not a bad company until it started to fold
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2016
Moral at work these days is low to closing of the company.
I was able to learn many aspects of company by my superiors even if it wasn't my job. I take leadership to better serve the customers whenever possible.
excellent customer service job
Senior Sale Authority (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2016
co workers were outgoing and eager to work. Great atmosphere to be at and managers were on top of everything. Learned a lot about customer service and communication skills
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2015
I was a cashier and I really enjoyed meeting new people and making the customers satisfied so they could come back. The hardest part of this job was when we weren't allowed to give coupons to customers. My work schedule was great because I attended school and worked at the same time so it was extremely convenient.
Great Schedule
Community Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2015
Working for Sports Authority was a great experience, I was able to develop professional relationships with several community leaders.
Sports Authority
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Fast paced and competitive environment. Can be a fun place to work as long as metrics are being met. Communication seemed to be lacking at times, which can be very frustrating. As long as your store is staffed properly you can have a good work/life balance.
Awesome place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2015
the work environment is great! The coworkers are awesome if and when you have questions or need help. The management was very well under control.
Pros
Half of shoes
Cons
You have to have worked a year in the company to qualify for maternity leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight