Sports Authority Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 2,280 reviews
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJune 19, 2019
I hated working there. They didn’t care about training. They just left me there at the register to do nothing but stand there and wait for customers to come in.
Would not work there again
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 3, 2019
This is a tough review because the people i met while working were fantastic but the environment and the management were not well kept. there were strict hours and no help if i could not make a shift
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FL 33180January 8, 2019
Assist customers with finding appropriate shoes, accessories and sport equipment around the store. Greet customers and check out customers as a cashier. The hardest part is dealing with clients who can't find what they need. The best part was interacting with customers.
Nice job to start out in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 31, 2018
Great job to start out in but not one to stay long in. Learned a lot about time management and teamwork aswell as working with different types of people.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 19, 2018
A typical day at work was very stress - free. Employees were always friendly. Nice environment and very organized. Most enjoyable thing about work is you meet different types of lovely people every day.
Pros
discounts, friendly people
Cons
short breaks
It was the Life for Some
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
I didn't care for the good ol boys club that I became a part of unknowingly. The men in management were very tight knit and always apart of their own inside joke.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 12, 2018
Sports authority was a fun and productive workplace. My co-workers were a joy to work with and management was very understanding and helpful when needed. I learned a lot about the way to manage other people and customer service while working there.
Out of Business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 14, 2018
I worked here and had some employees that I loved working with like any job. It was fun to work with the public but it is a lot for such little pay. Good college job though!
Life as a cashier
Lead Casher (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJanuary 24, 2018
Loved the work environment at the store. Everyone was great to work with. I felt like I was apart of a family rather then a work place. I learned to give customer service and deal with people that are frustrated.
out of business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  somewhere, NYJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day at work, what was learned through the process...management with workplace cultures. the hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job
Nice part time retail job.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJanuary 13, 2018
While I worked at Sports Authority, it was a nice first experience in retail. The company ultimately shut down but if it were still open I would recommend it to others looking for a retail job.
Poductive and fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 28, 2017
Working at sports authority was a blast. The employees were very friendly, the management was amazing. It was never a dull moment. I would highly recommend sports authority to friends and family.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 26, 2017
everybody was so kind and heart worming, everybody coworkers/boss work together like a family. they will pick you up if you have a bad day. i will defiantly work for them again.
Pros
free lunch, holidays party's, and birthday party's
Cons
health care
out of business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOOctober 23, 2017
My role as cashier was to assist customers in completing their purchases and to include the Sports Authority Loyalty Card to reward guests their points. As store employees we competed to determine who could sell the most insurance claims accompanying customer purchases for rewards and recognition among the staff.
(Employment ended when company went out of business.)
No longer in business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
No longer in business, however this was a good company to work for, i enjoyed my time with this company while they were open, sad to see them go out of business.
Seasonal.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 19, 2017
The job at Sports Authority was a seasonal job. Working there for times I was there I learned a lot about sales, I've learn how to better my sales by different ways of approaching a customer in a mannerly way.
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 2, 2017
I had a great time working here. the manager was always upbeat and in a good mood. she loved getting everyone coffee in the mornings and if we had to work over night. it was a great atmosphere to work at for a first job.
Productive and an amazing place to work.
Cashier, footwear (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 19, 2017
Sports authority was nothing compared to dicks sporting goods which was a very big head turner especially since they are in the same job title. management was great hours flexible and it just made me feel part of a family great place to work at with very good co workers.
Pros
free lunches long breaks
Typiccal Retail Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sayville, NYJuly 30, 2017
Currently out of business. Typical retail store. Cashiers required to sell credit cards as well as get customers to sign up for the rewards program. Flexible hours.
A poor working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 14, 2017
The company is now out of business, but I did initially like the stores for their wide array of sporting gear and goods. The working conditions were rather poor, though, and we didn't receive many customers. I wasn't given many tasks and was frequently bored with no work to do. They kept on a cashier who hardly ever made it into work, but was paid more per paycheck than I was. I eventually left the company after a workplace scandal only some managers were involved in ensued - it was unpleasant for all of the employees under them.
Pros
Discounts for sporting goods, ski and snowboard rental
Cons
Poor working environment, few tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Sports Authority Reviews by Location