Sports Authority Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 77 reviews matching the search See all 2,280 reviews
Overall experience
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 23, 2019
Starting off with that as my first job was a great experience. Being able to learn many different positions was helpful and it allowed me to see that working with others is something I enjoy.
Pros
Work with schedule
Cons
Healthcare
just another retail store
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 18, 2019
everything about sports authority is really positive is one of my favorite jobs. the best job I've had in my whole career and i been working since 2013 and they closed sports authority a long time ago
Loved it
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILDecember 19, 2018
I loved this job. The people I worked with were amazing. My bosses were awesome. And the customers were great. The employee discount wasn't bad either. It's a shame the stores are no longer open.
It was a good job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2018
The company was closing so I didn’t get the full understanding of how the store normally runs. But it was quick paced because of all the deals that were going on at the time
Fun place to work but went out of business
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 25, 2018
Sports Authority was a good place to work, a typical retail job. My job consisted of cleaning and putting items out as well as keeping assigned area clean. Too bad they went out of business.
Cool place for people who enjoy sports
Bluemound Rd - Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 4, 2018
Its was cool to learn more about different supplies for certain sports. The more you knew the better you were able to recommend things to the customer. There were friendly competitions when we sold special items we were rewarded and the benefits and discounts were great as well.
Great place, It's a shame they dont exist anymore
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
This. corporation. does. not. exist. anymore.

Just. needed. to. fill. out. space. not. a. lo.t to. say. good work place. it just doesn't exist anymore
fun place to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 2, 2018
it was fast paced during the evening but nice and slow mornings. All co workers were very helpful. There was always something to do. Management was helpful.
company no longer exists
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJanuary 12, 2018
company no longer exists. basic sales job. friendly to customers must be able to stand on your feet for a long period of time. must work holidays. different hours weekly
Productive and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Monitoring inventory of supplies and ordering more as needed. Answer and direct phone calls taking detailed messages when necessary. Provided outstanding customer service daily resulting in an increase in company revenue. Successfully processed cash transactions daily with 100 percent accountability.
It was good
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 27, 2017
checking agenda sheet, being assigned to a department and promoting sales at register or on the floor. Greeting customers, helping them shop to fit their needs
Decent work environment
Full Time Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
Coworkers were friendly. The work was tiring but hours were good. Management was understanding and helpful. Managers often bought lunch for entire crew.
Fun work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
I worked as a cashier / Sales associate at Sports Authority. Management was very well with flexibility as I needed to work around a flexibly shift due to still being in school. The most enjoyable part of the job that there was always something to do and the coworkers gave a good environment to come to work to.
Great Starter Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 19, 2017
I had this job when I was a young teenager. It was very interesting and it gave a glimpse into the world of working when I was younger. Overall it was a good experience for me. Unfortunately they are now bankrupt.
Fun place to work in.
CASHIER/SALES REPRESENTATIVE SPORTS AUTHORITY (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Typical day at work was hectic and quick paced daily. management was strict but beneficial because it provided us role models of customer service and ideal way of treating people in the most professional way.
Pros
great discounts! flexible hours!
Cons
short or no breaks..
good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 25, 2017
i dont know waht to say they are out of business. I was fun working for them and I enjoyed having ice cream not on my face constintly like at dairy queen.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Tech (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2017
Check in with the shift manager and discuss goals for the day. Work your respective areas and help out in others when needed. Make sure to help every customer you see as well as you can. Clean up you respective areas then help out the others as needed
Pros
no longer in business
Cons
no longer in business
It was a good job and company. Me and my mother worked there.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 26, 2017
It was great until they told us sports authority would be closing all locations. They gave us about a 3-4 month heads up on the situation, which was professional of them.
Pros
Fun place to work at, good discounts.
Cons
They're gone for good.
Great Place to work for ex athletes and sports lovers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 22, 2017
Most of the time a Sports Authority you will be helping a customer find something around the store or just answering general questions about equipment or other merchandise in the store.
Pros
You get an employee discount from all SA stores
great teamwork
Sales Associate /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 28, 2017
Our team was always on the same page and we were able to be efficient and effective in merchandizing and customer service, which was the most important part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight