Sports Authority Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 77 reviews matching the search See all 2,293 reviews
Overall enjoyable work experience and good learning experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 9, 2017
My experience working at Sports Authority was unique because I was hired when the location was going out of business. Because of this, our customer base was different as were our policies, which made interacting with customers difficult at times, but management was very supportive. The business is now closed.
Fun Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2017
Typical day included being behind the register or out on the floor trying to sign people up or inform them about products. Learned how to try and persuade people to buy certain products. Management was very cool and laid back, but respectable. work place culture was also very fun, when it needed to be and serious when it needed to be. Hardest part was getting stuff from the storage because there was no forklift to get, say a basketball hoop set from the third level rack. Most enjoyable part was the benefits.
Upbeat, fun,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2017
It was a fun job, It was really busy most days but it made time go by fairly quick. The hard part was being understaffed and having to do so much at one time.
fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 11, 2017
Sports authority is a fun fast paced place to work, love being able to help the customers find exactly what they need and walking out happy as well as learning new things
Good workplace.
Cashier/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2017
i honestly did not work here long enough to give a review . its poor of someone to judge a place by 2-3 weeks of employment. school was busy and took up most of my time and the travel from my home to this establishment was a good 30 mins and thats without traffic so i enjoyed the little time i had there but again i wasn't there long enough to give a review.
Pros
50% off ?
Cons
50% off?
No hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 24, 2017
They don't enough hours for employees. If you looking to make hours this place is not for you. Benefits are not that good if you looking for good benefits at work you might want to work somewhere else.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 13, 2017
When this company was open, it was fun to work at. The location I worked at was rather slow, so we got a lot of down time to be productive or learn more about the products we sold.
fast pace workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMarch 10, 2017
I was an employee at Sports Authority for only 4 weeks due to the company going out of business. My time there I gained a lot of skills mostly pertaining to how to do things quickly. There were certain times of the day where the check out line would reach the back of the store and I would be the only cashier. I was taught to remain calm to prevent any mistakes, and to prevent upsetting any customers.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PADecember 20, 2016
It was a fun place to work. The other ax located were funny and very nice to customers. They always would put the customer first and they would rarly leave without a smile
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milford, MADecember 8, 2016
I am sad that this place went out of business because I had so much fun working here. Everyone was very outgoing and personable. You would be able to help customers and socialize with your co-workers while you were working and keeping everything in tack.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Largo, MD 20774November 17, 2016
If your a sports fan then you will love working with this company. You get great employee discounts, and the opportunity to build a friendship with your fellow associates
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
low pay
It was good while it lasted
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2016
The days gradually became different as the closing day came. I had several of duties at the job such as being a cashier, working the fitting rooms, putting apparel back in their appropriate places, working in the stock room, etc. When I worked in other retail stores I only did one or two things but here I learned to do almost everything an associate can do in retail. My co-workers were okay, I was able to work with most of them. There wasn't really anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable time was having fun while working.
Pros
I had most weekends off
Cons
My lunch break was only 30 min long
Great workplace
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 4, 2016
Working here has always been fun. The main objective at work was to center our customers around our loyalty cards. I have been told that I as a natural at these selling techniques, and I had been the top seller for a very long time. The management was so impressed with my work that I was even promoted slightly afterwards to be able to manage the currency within the cash drawers with the other managers, and be ready for the next step after that. The management was always very supportive and helpful throughout this whole process, and I learned very much from this excellent team. The other co-workers worked well within a team atmosphere as well, and it always went very smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was always staying busy and having much to do.
Pros
Excellent team, fast promotion
Cons
Healthcare
Good Company
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 18, 2016
Only problem is they are going out of business other than that I loved working here and hate to see the company shut down. Management was excellent and all the other employees were easy going and friendly.
positive fun work environment with great management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed every moment. The management was fair and flexible with schedule changes. They were supportive and helpful throughout the entire time I worked there. The staff was kind and helpful in stressful situations
Pros
great management, positive environment
Cons
low pay, not many full time postions
great experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 18, 2016
great experience and friendly staff. Management was generous and flexible with scheduling. Work environment was positive, encouraging, exciting, and fast pace. The fellow staff were always supportive and ready to help one another.
Pros
reliable and friendly work enviorment
Cons
overall decent place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMay 14, 2016
If you are a sports enthusiast, this is the place for you! I enjoyed interacting with customers. However, during the summer and fall, business really slows down and it can get boring.
Pros
fairly easy
Cons
uniforms, boring
Productive, Competitive, Number Oriented
Cashier/ Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 13, 2016
Fun place to work as long as you hit your numbers, slightly disorganized, and lacked some communication between employees. overall Sports Authority is a fun company to work for if you love sports and love helping people.
Pros
Fun, fast paced environment
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, lack of communication between employees
Good part time job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2016
The work environment is very enjoyable. If you are into sports then this would be a great job for you! However I didn't get a lot of hours and it could of been because we had to many people working for our location. But outside from that I really enjoyed working at sports authority.
this was a productive and fun place to work. i have not found any negative aspects to it.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 2, 2015
This was a great job with many benefits and enjoyable time. I am greatful to have gotten a time to work at this job. I hope other people could enjoy this experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight