Sports Authority Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 2,293 reviews
Difficult because constant changes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2016
The management didn't know what they were doing at all, they were never on the same page as one another and it made every work day very hectic.
good college job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 5, 2015
not the best place to work for. It got me through a year of college with some extra money. really just like any other retail job. they don;t care about their employees. It is all about just making goals and money.
Productive and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2015
I was a cashier and I really enjoyed meeting new people and making the customers satisfied so they could come back. The hardest part of this job was when we weren't allowed to give coupons to customers. My work schedule was great because I attended school and worked at the same time so it was extremely convenient.
I work at the register where I greet people and make them feel comfortable.
General Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNSeptember 29, 2015
I actually love it gives me a big variety of people to meet. Customers aren't rude their lovely . My manager is great sweet and very understanding.
Pros
I love the discount.
Cons
I couldn't walk the floor often, like I wanted.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MCALLEN, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Good environment, take care of customers, clean and organize the store.Multi-task and use your time efficiently. Great quality products at a good price.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Low pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 16, 2015
Management depended a lot on employees but the employees were very under appreciated. They seemed to not care about how we felt.
Fun Tasks with a challenge at Sports Authority
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNAugust 28, 2015
Sports Authority was a very fun place to work. I had supportive team members that I worked with and their was always a challenge everyday at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely interacting with the customers to make sure that their experience was satisfied. We also had team goals everyday to make sure that we were keeping on task and had something to drive for. From this job I really enhanced my communication skills and being able to work in a busy environment.
Pros
the competition
Cons
short breaks
Learning experience
Seasonal Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJuly 18, 2015
Working at Sports Authority was mostly just working for the customers and making sure that they are satisfied with their visit. Along with that responsibility, I had the responsibility of keeping the sales floor neat and up to date for the customers and having the knowledge of the products for the customers. Having this job as a first job was knowledgable in the sense that it wasn't the best working environment because of the other staff and supervisors but I feel that I learned more from that than I would have had having an easy job. The hardest part of that job was dealing with stubborn customers that did not want to sign up for the reward card because they were in a rush. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to travelers from different places and being able to help them decide on a product based on my knowledge of the island and what they will need for the adventures they were going on.
Cons
Non-professional management
Think before you apply... it's not work the stress.
Cashier/ Warehouse Authority (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 16, 2015
The only people that gets respect is management. Terrible company, low pay, raises (10 cents every year or so) and crazy hours. The company treats non-managerial employees like peasants. Very depressing place to work. Please don't pass up this review. It's a true struggle to get a full time position.
Pros
OK benefit for full time employees
Cons
A lot of drama, demanding work low pay and terrible scheduling
Not the best experince
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UtJune 14, 2015
Very unprofessional and not a friendly environment. The pay is not bad, but the expectations are a little to high. They expect you to pick up on things with little to no training.
Fun Work Place.
Sports Authority Golf Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 28, 2015
Greeting all customers walking in and around the store. Having a clean and neat environment. Management was always making sure we were always smiling and rewarding us with incentives. The coworkers were great and the hardest part of the day was working black fridays. The most enjoyable part of the day was to send people home happy with their new workout products or clothes that they bought.
Pros
Discounts in store and online at brother companies
Cons
short breaks
Management is very rude.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 18, 2015
My typical day was getting put down and was told i was going to be fired with in my first week of being there because i wasn't doing good enough. I got one day of 3 hour training. No more and they said i was horrible when i tried my hardest. Dont work here.
Pros
couple nice co workers
Cons
rude management, no working ever
I loved both stores I worked in.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CaFebruary 20, 2015
I was able to transfer to different stores which was great because I had a job no matter which city I lived in. I was a cashier and worked in the apparel department where I learned about the different brands and the sports that required different things in fit.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I worked in a small convenience location so hours were constantly being slashed. I lead in sales and was never promoted or thanks for it.
work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Massapequa Park, NYJanuary 20, 2015
manager wasn't understanding they are not professional and they treat their employees bad
fun co-workers
cashier, open (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OhioOctober 24, 2014
During a typical day at work, I would work at the cash register. I quickly learned how to use the register because my second day of work was Black Friday. The management is pretty good, but the person who does the scheduling, is not the greatest, and he talks lowly about other employees. My co-workers were fun, but no one really liked to work there. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the store manager, he was helpful to me as a cashier when I did not know what to do, but in general, he was not a good boss. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the other co-workers, and making good friendships with them
Great place to work for a younger college student
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 19, 2014
The job is always changing and new things are learned about products and a daily basis. If you don't know or cant find out something quick about a product chances are the sale is not going to happen. Days for me consisted of 6-8 hour shifts depending on school schedules. During my time at Sports Authority I have seen numerous employees come through that has given be both promotions from one position to another, and unfortunately back to that old position many times due to high turnover. I have also seen and entirely new management change during my time at Sports Authority. The hardest part about the job has been changing with the management and the hectic and sometimes chaotic pace with all new employee's, the under trained, and under appreciative new employees sometimes got to be stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job is making friends with all the people that have come through the store as well as helping a customer out and having them tell you what great help I have been and seeing them come back and myself remembering them and asking how the product worked out for them. The shocked look on their face of me remembering them and what they bought is priceless.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay, few hours, and very high turnover rate
i loved the break room
cashier (Former Employee) –  lake stevens waJuly 31, 2014
sometimes a slow environment but i loves being in a big store and having such a variety of products to sell.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 17, 2014
This was a fun a nice place to work. I miss my co worker and environment.
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJuly 2, 2014
Wasnt a great experienced and didnt feel welcomed. I dont know how else to put it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Sports Authority Reviews by Location