Sports Authority Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 432 reviews matching the search See all 2,280 reviews
Selfish
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 20, 2019
The managers at sports authority were very selfish, in order to keep us working hard they had built the illusion that we would stay in business as only selected stores would close.
Productive and fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 22, 2019
It was a good time working at Sports Authority, i really enjoyed the co-workers around me as well as the management. Everybody was really nice to me while I worked there and even though the store was closing everybody worked really hard to get the right amount of sales
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2019
Is a wonderful place to work if your are in high school or college for some extra cash. Everyone would help each other out. And the company was very good about working around school schedules.
Pros
Fun company
Cons
Pay
Respectful management
Sales Associate/Tech Shop (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 13, 2019
I loved working there. The training process was very simple and thorough. I learned a lot from being there and would continue working there if I could.
Great customer freindly evironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2019
A great way to meet to people daily, and to create lasting relationships with customers. Frequent customers come in and ask for associates by name because of excellent service. Offer sales and discounted items in store to attract anyone that is on a fixed budget. Great environment to just shop around.
Fun place to get in shape
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 25, 2019
I learned a lot about weightlifting and exercise equipment. working for sports authority was a very good time for me to be able to also be promoted to bike Tek and build numerous different types very cool mountain bikes 10 speeds and other assorted BMX bikes .
Pros
Great discount on clothes
Cons
Poor management
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 23, 2019
gained a lot of experience. I enjoyed working for the company. There was so much team work and effort while I was employed here. I would recommend this company to other applicants.
Summer Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIJanuary 9, 2019
I worked at a now closed location for Sports Authority. Not a huge surprise that it closed. Manager was not that great and often kept employees past 10PM (closing time 9PM).
This Compnay is no longer in business.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT 06810January 4, 2019
Although my store managers were great, managers at the corporate level were not. A lot of emphasis things that were not wanted by most customers, i.e. extended warranties. One of the reasons the Company closed.
Pros
Employee Discounts.
first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 10, 2018
I worked at the Great Mall so i enjoyed always meeting and greeting new people. Can't say it was a great learning experience because all i did was stand around in the apparel section.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 13, 2018
Great place to work competitive but fair, the atmosphere is energetic. Commissions are taken too far. If Senior sales rep. is not being productive your numbers will suffer because they will give them credit of all your sales.
Pros
commission
Cons
unfair to regular workers
Productive and somewhat fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 5, 2018
I was usually placed in the hardlines area of the store. I usually made sure the guests found what they were looking for as well was keeping up the section, such as straightening shelves, restocking, etc.
it was cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
I liked working there. the customers were very fun and a lot of them played sports at the local schools around the area. I played sports as well thats why i decided to work there.
solid job nice work environment management helps and encourages in all aspects of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 29, 2018
you go to work get on the sales floor and help customers find what they are looking for and then try to up sell them boss is encouraging and helpful team effort on all sales goals
fast paced and a ot of sports knowledge required.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJOctober 10, 2018
fun environment with a lot of sports related problem solving and sports knowledge is a must. You are surrouned by all things sports so it was great for me.
It was a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2018
Sports Authority was a store where everyone gravitated to. To looking for hiking wear to children clothes. I truly enjoyed assisting the customers and managed to up sale the majority of the time.
Sports Authority/Sportmart
Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 23, 2018
Customer and staff interaction were fun and beneficial. It was nice being educated on products to show the customers you knew what you were selling, instead of just pushing the highest end item. The company did push hard on extended warranties on anything you could, even the smallest items. You would get reprimanded if you did not push them on the floor and at the counter. If you did not meet a certain number, you were left with ultimatums. The managers I worked with in my time were very friendly and helpful, but were pushed as much as the associated on "extra's selling". I enjoyed my time working there for the people interaction, but the company as a whole, was not the greatest to work for.
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 21, 2018
This Was A Good Company Helping People Look For Clothing Sneakers Things Like That Only Problem Would Be Some Employees But This Company Is No Longer.
Eh, it was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
I worked long hours at minimum wage. The work wasn't particularly difficult, except when asked to move objects that were 300 lbs+. On the plus side, the management was easy going.
Enjoyable if you like the sports culture
Team Sports Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 25, 2018
I grew playing sports so it's enjoyable to me to be around it for a job as an 18/19 year old. Most people that come in relate to the culture so most of the time it's easy to read what your customer is looking for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Sports Authority Reviews by Location