Sports Authority Employee Reviews

Found 2,258 reviews matching the search See all 2,279 reviews
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2019
Is a wonderful place to work if your are in high school or college for some extra cash. Everyone would help each other out. And the company was very good about working around school schedules.
Pros
Fun company
Cons
Pay
was very stressful job
Visual Merchandise Crew (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 18, 2019
they when on bankruptcy three years ago. a lot of people loose their jobs. Was a multiracial with different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning more English.
Closed now
Information Security Internship (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 18, 2019
fine place to work but it is no longer open so this review is irrelevant yet I cant skip the process of writing it so I'm just filling word until i 150
Respectful management
Sales Associate/Tech Shop (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 13, 2019
I loved working there. The training process was very simple and thorough. I learned a lot from being there and would continue working there if I could.
Overall Great Job for Growth
Fixtures Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 12, 2019
This was a great job for someone growing their career. It didn't offer the pay or growth opportunities of many companies but I had a riot being a young adult in a large corporation
Company out of business
Cash manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 12, 2019
I worked for this in 1999-2000 and loved the job when I was there. This company recently closed all of its store Nation wide. But the company was good to work for
Bankrupt
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 12, 2019
Bankrupt. The comapny was great to work for but they didn't work togethor and thats probably the one reason they had to go out of bussninss. I really enjoyed working there.
Management & Job title
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIFebruary 4, 2019
in the beginning it's a good work environment and fast paced, which I expect it to be for retail & marketing. But the management needs more work and they were very discriminatory towards certain individuals and because of that, you couldn't get promoted or make more money.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Management was terrible
Great customer freindly evironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 4, 2019
A great way to meet to people daily, and to create lasting relationships with customers. Frequent customers come in and ask for associates by name because of excellent service. Offer sales and discounted items in store to attract anyone that is on a fixed budget. Great environment to just shop around.
Would not work there again
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 3, 2019
This is a tough review because the people i met while working were fantastic but the environment and the management were not well kept. there were strict hours and no help if i could not make a shift
Fun place to get in shape
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 25, 2019
I learned a lot about weightlifting and exercise equipment. working for sports authority was a very good time for me to be able to also be promoted to bike Tek and build numerous different types very cool mountain bikes 10 speeds and other assorted BMX bikes .
Pros
Great discount on clothes
Cons
Poor management
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJanuary 23, 2019
gained a lot of experience. I enjoyed working for the company. There was so much team work and effort while I was employed here. I would recommend this company to other applicants.
Workplace culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2019
I truly enjoyed working with Sports Authority and was sad to see them go out of business. While at Sports Authority I had the pleasure of being promoted several times.
Was a good time
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 18, 2019
It was a good time working at sports authority. They managed a lot better than most other companies, but the issue was some of the merch was falling behind the updated new companies like dicks. If they revised I'm sure they would have stayed in business.
Great Place to work at
Cash Lead Sr/Hardlines Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
sports authority was an amazing company to work for. You made great friends, was fast paced, and definitely learned to be an independent worker. TO BAD IT'S LIQUIDATED.
Excellent place to work if you enjoy all seasons and categories of sports and the people that participate on a intermediate level up to professional
Co-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 14, 2019
Working in a TSA store was rewarding in ways that contributed to product knowledge through everyday training, sometime role playing that brought a level of comfort and joy in selling product and or services which contributed to exceptional customer service, employee retention and repeat business. Another very important fact as a TSA employee was building relationships with your customer base and team members which made for a fun, comfortable, family oriented atmosphere for working and shopping. As a manager I was given all the necessary tools, training and resources to be successful in the areas of driving processes, developing talent and growing the business. What i found most difficult about the job was ensuring popular product was always available for the customer. We sold entertainment "(fun stuff)", which made the job fun because you were part of equipping someone for a game or part of selecting the right indoor or outdoor game or games for an individual, family or team.
Pros
Fair to all employees
Cons
I found none
Summer Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIJanuary 9, 2019
I worked at a now closed location for Sports Authority. Not a huge surprise that it closed. Manager was not that great and often kept employees past 10PM (closing time 9PM).
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FL 33180January 8, 2019
Assist customers with finding appropriate shoes, accessories and sport equipment around the store. Greet customers and check out customers as a cashier. The hardest part is dealing with clients who can't find what they need. The best part was interacting with customers.
Fun place to work
Associate Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2019
The job was busy especially during the summer job. Providing excellent customer services. The job allowed me to work in different areas of the store. Testing out new equipment that allowed me to share with eh customers.
Pros
The hardest part of this job being able to move around.
Cons
Having to ligt heavy equipment by myself.
No Longer In Business
Fixture Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2019
Sports Authority is no longer in business. It was a great place to work with wonderful people. I appreciate all the career opportunity and experience gained at Sports Authority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight