Sports For Learning Employee Reviews

Management has a tendency to switch coaches schools
Sports Instructor (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 21, 2019
I enjoy working for sports for learning. It allows me to teach elementary school students. However, it was difficult to connect with students because i constantly got switched between schools and wouldn't see certain groups of kids for long periods of time even though those kids really enjoyed the time with me.
Pros
Hours that fit nicely into my class schedule, quality pay, ways to get a raise
Cons
Hours are limited to the lunch recesses of schools, hard to work more than an hour or two a day
Side job
Coach (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 16, 2019
If you have some time off and want to use it for something that can benefit you I would recommend this job. You dont get enough hours which is why I would recommend you also having another side job from this. The experience I had was great at the elementary school I was assigned and the people you work with.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Not enough hours
STEAM learning while being interactive while learning soccer
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2019
each day the topic to learn would relate to either math, technology, or engineering and they would have to relate what they learned with also a new drill of soccer which one day would focus on passing and advance till they can play a full game while incorporating the question of the day. I learned on how to work with patients and learned how to manage my time and the workspace that was provided. The hardest part of the job was communication sometimes the the school would not be on schedule so it would be difficult to get a workspace or they would forget that we would be coming and then have to wait to retrieve the kids. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids progress and have fun!
Pros
the kids and seeing progress
Fun games and learning
Coach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2019
check in at front desk of the school, check roster of students. Set up field and game for session, go over rules, separate into teams, play games. Break it down.
STEM and Soccer
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2018
I was afforded the opportunity to work with great kids throughout the Sacramento Region while teaching STEM and the fundamentals of Soccer.

The schools that I coached at were all extremely pleasant and the feedback was almost always positive.

I was always concerned and rather upset about the fact that I had to set up (and many times tear down) the field without compensation. The policy was to arrive 15 minutes early to check in with the school then set up the field - all of which was not compensated for.

All in all a great experience!
Pros
Great kids that love soccer!
Cons
Clock in policy
Engaging, Active Work Environment
Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Lawndale, CASeptember 6, 2018
Sports For Learning is an awesome place to work especially if you love working with kids.
It's also a great place to help kids learn while they play and be a role model in the process.
Not enough pay and stressful, but flexible hours and fun job
Assistant Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2018
Although a relatively easy job and fun (if you like to coach kids/work from home a lot), it didn't pay enough. I was not full time, so my hours were never set in stone every week and I would often work "off the clock." It felt more like on call than part-tine. I traveled part of the week, but they do pay for travel time and gas reimbursement. Upper management was super nice, but immediate management was not super understanding (i think that has changed, but that was my experience). The job itself was also super stressful.
Pros
gas reimbursement
Cons
consistent travel, not set hours
Great place to work and grow
VP of School Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I have worked at Sports For Learning for 5 years. In that time I have had several different positions that allowed me to learn and grow with the company.

There are several reasons why I have stayed for as long as I have but the number 1 reason is the culture created and style of management from the co-owners. They pride themselves on running an inclusive organization that makes employees feel from day one that their voice is heard and their input/thoughts are appreciated. This concept is echoed by upper management throughout the whole company.

I would highly recommend anyone looking for a rewarding career to consider Sports For Learning.
Great Company
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Sports for Learning is an awesome place to work! I have been working at Sports for Learning for several years now and I enjoy it just as much now as when I started. I was originally hired on as a part time office assistant and advanced up the ladder to become one of the director’s for the company. Sports for Learning provides a great team atmosphere and the owners truly care for each one of their employees.
Awesome Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Sports for Learning is an awesome company to be apart of since it is rapidly expanding! Great opportunities for advancement in all positions at the company as well as multiple ways to build experience in many different areas. The company culture is always positive and supportive starting from the top. It's a fun place to work/grow with something new happening each day!
Strong Family Atmosphere
Regional Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Southern California (Anaheim to San Diego)January 25, 2018
Sports for Learning is a growing company that provides exciting, challenging & ever changing responsibilities.

Full time employees often cover numerous roles extending beyond the traditional one role job.

Overall the company is very caring about employees & helps out as much as possible but the work to benefits ratio sways towards work.

As the company continues to grow these items are being addressed but it is simply a growing pain as the company expands into a position to be able to provide better benefits.

The experience working for Sports for Learning is challenging, fast-paced & requires a strong work-ethic. The end result is occasional stress but mostly satisfaction of exceeding personal limitations to reach company expectations.
Pros
Advantages of the job include working from home, close knit group (relationships among staff are friendly, fun & enjoyable), setting your own schedule, gas compensation, potential for bonus &/or commission & potential for advancement.
Cons
Disadvantages of the job include occasional high work loads (45-60 hours/week), no company health care offered, little to no benefits offered/provided.
Great company, fun team!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 24, 2018
Working for Sports For Learning has been a great experience! Managers are understanding and supportive, I always feel heard whenever I have an issue or a new idea. The entire team is really fun to work with and easy-going, which makes it easy to come to work with a positive attitude every day. Definitely best company I've worked for so far.
Great company to work for. Love the excitement we bring to kids.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 24, 2018
Great to be able to provide students with a sense of belonging to a team. It's always nice to see the kid's excitement when they are handed a jersey. Coaches provide great mentors to students. Management always supportive, and it's nice to provide structure during lunch recess. Love the relationship we build with the students and Principals.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Great workplace! Really enjoy working for the company
Director of School Partnerships (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Sports for Learning makes me want to come to work early and leave late every day. I have never enjoyed working for a company as much as I enjoy working for Sports for Learning. I would recommend interviewing to anyone that loves sports and kids.
Regional Manager Position
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento and StocktonJanuary 16, 2018
Great experience working for this company. This was my first experience in a Manager position. The company found my resume on Indeed. I had a great first impression of the company and the people working here. They are very hands on in the training and have a very great open communication and support system. I feel that I am heard when I bring new ideas to the table or need support in any way.
Great Experience
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Great Place for recent College Grads!

You learn how to manage 40 part-time coaches.
Sports for Learning has also grown extremely quickly since I became full time so there are lots of opportunities.
Awesome place to work
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Sports For Learning is a fantastic company to work with. I have been working with them for two years. There are continuous opportunities to grow within the company. I was promoted from Regional Manager to Operations Manager and now manage five managers who in turn look after 200 coaches and around 80,000 kids. Bosses are super friendly and we have fun outings!
Fun Environment
Part-time soccer coach and STEM enforcer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 23, 2017
Teaching kids soccer and implementing the STEM learning curriculum is a great way for kids to be active and gain knowledge.The kids are excited and willing to participate. Would do it again!
Pros
work on own time schedule
Cons
growing organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports For Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6