Sports Medicine North Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment, poor management, no room to move up
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 13, 2018
There really is no room to move up in this company. It is family owned meaning they only hire Family and friends. The management is mediocre and they do not have their employees back what’s so ever. It’s all about business and money (Copays). They don’t have enough employees behind the front desk so it’s always a zoo and patients often come to the receptionist irritated and annoyed at how long they’ve waited in line. Wouldn’t recommend working here unless you want to be underpaid.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare, not enough staff, poor management
Great Work Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 4, 2018
SMN is a great Practice to work for. The Doctor's and Physician Assistants are very helpful on the clinical end and care very deeply for their patients. The Managers are very understanding and flexible with you as long as you communicate properly. I would definitely go back if I move back to MA.
Fun and educational company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 11, 2017
I was hired to work in the call center and thoroughly enjoyed working there. I suffered from a medical condition at the time and when my health depleted I had to leave the company and take some time for myself. They were very understanding and supportive. Too much time had lapsed and they had to hire someone else but overall it was a great experience and the management/staff were great to work with.
Pros
great staff, true to the job description
Cons
no overtime, benefits.
Good for experience but poorly run
Help Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJune 1, 2016
Worked there for about a year as and Help Desk Technician. Was first experience in the field which they demanded you know everything as you were in the field for years. Management is all related so there is no defending yourself. Management also talks behind your back without you knowing. Would not recommend this company for potential future employment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management all related, demand too much from entry level positions.
Great place to work, flexible schedule, great people!!
hr business partner (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MADecember 18, 2015
SMN is a great medium sized company with some awesome benefits. They have grown exponentially over the last few years and continue to do so. The people that work here are extremely pleasant and try to keep a very family oriented environment. The hardest part of this job is the fact that we have a small department to service so many, but we make it happen. Everyone helps each other to make SMN successful!!
Pros
Benefits, flexible work schedule, people, fun!
Cons
Very busy place!!
Did not enjoy the unfair stress management put on staff.
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 30, 2014
Very fast paced with unreasonable expectations. Too many family connections. Favoritism. Will push you out if they do not like you. Most of the staff was nice and tried hard to make the patients happy.
Pros
Free Bagels on friday
Cons
management/some of the co-workers
Wonderful work environment!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 3, 2014
I've learned so much working here especially with the help that our management team offers. I work closely with some of the greatest people I've met. Its a very busy office so time flies by! Everyone is always productive , but always willing to help you when you need it. We have night and weekends off and that's always a plus. Overall, I enjoy my job and I'm happy to be apart of the "SMN Family"!
Pros
free lunches, busy office, great relationships with both coworkers and patients!
Busy Practice. Clinicians, Management and Staff really care!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 3, 2014
Great place to work. Company continues to grow allowing for potential advancement of staff. The physicians treat staff great and management is willing to work as hard as other staff. Definitely a place where an employee could set down roots and even retire. Benefits and time off package is excellent!
Pros
Paid lunch, flexibility, staff is like a family, management is supportive and there is room for growth and learning.
Cons
Very busy practice must be willing to work hard.
Busy, fast pace orthopedic office
EMR clerk (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 13, 2012
Doctor's are very nice. Benefit package great.
Their management style is all done behind your back. If there is a complaint about you, they do not sit down with you face to face. You can never defend accusations against you. they go to everyone around you and get their version of events, all old timers are related to other employees. At least 35% of employees are related.
Once I revealed a disability, I was treated differently.
Pros
free lunch, only work 7 hours a day
Cons
nepotism, negative towards employees with disabilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sports Medicine North. Our community is ready to answer.

Sports Medicine North Reviews by Location