SportsCare Physical Therapy

SportsCare Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

busy
Overall enjoyed working with my team in the location that was my "home office". very busy every day, but patients were nice and my coworkers were great.
DON'T DO IT!! Keep on scrolling!
This company is all about the $$$. They don't care about their employees one bit. Coworkers and patients are the best part of the place. Higher ups have the ability to move you to any other office or position whenever they see fit, without even speaking to you. Rules are constantly changing and more and more is asked of you. They need to do better with how they train new employees. The owners keep opening new facilities instead of investing more in to the employees they already have. They are constantly hiring for this company because the turn over rate is ridiculous. They don't value their employees so if you decide to quit they could care less because we are replaceable and they will make sure you feel that way. There are no perks from this company other than if patients treat us with lunch or snacks. Health insurance is very expensive. I would never recommend working for this greedy company!
A good starter job where I learned alot, but an awful workplace!
Where to start? I worked at SportsCare for a little over a year. During that year, my original list of tasks I was expected to complete as a Front Desk grew weekly, without additional compensation. You are supposed to have a 1 year review, during which you are considered for a raise. I was never given a review, and my coworkers who were given one were never given a raise.

They really do give a decent amount of PTO, but management throws a fit when you try to use them. You will have to justify every day off, and if you do not arrange for someone else to cover your position (like a tech), then you are not allowed to take the time off. Per the employee handbook, you are supposed to request PTO one month prior to the day you need off, but your director will not approve the request until the week of, which then can be denied.

My director was ok. The regional director was constantly harassing my director about "making our numbers", which my director would then take out on his employees. It was really stressful, honestly. They also rip off patients by telling patients that have high paying insurances that they need to come more often for physical therapy, regardless of diagnosis, which I don't think is ethical. They are all about the money, not "all about the care" as their logo suggests.

Towards the end of my employment, I gave my "three week notice" per the employee handbook. They let me go, without any prior warning, at the end of one of my shifts about a week and a half into my notice. Looking back, I wouldn't give them anymore than a two week notice because they really
 - more...
Fun and family oriented
My end of the company I was working for was bought out by Sports Care of America. We were welcomed in as part of the family. All offices are run the same with the same computer system. The quality of the physical therapists I work with are hands down the best. My position is a front desk receptionist. Busy job with great patients as well.
Great work place with great people
I started at SportsCare at the end of spring, and I have never had a day where I did not go to work. From the office staff, to the therapists, to the aides, everyone is friendly and very welcoming. Staff members work cohesively as a team - always with intent to provide the best patient care. The management is approachable, friendly, and definitely willing to help. Working at SportsCare has been one of the best experiences!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Teamwork oriented and positive environment
Some days are more stressful than others but management helps get things done efficiently. Management is also great with working around schedules and allows for flexible hours. The staff creates a very positive environment and the entire team works as a whole functioning office with lots of communication. It is a fast-paced environment that will definitely keep you on your toes. Overall I enjoy coming to work everyday!
Fast Paced, Fair and Family Values
I've been working for this company for almost a year in a half. This company has giving me so many opportunities to show my efforts and move up in the company. They have always been fair and care about their patients greatly. I don't plan on leaving this company.
Highly Recommend
Overall, my experience working for Sports Care PT has been excellent on all accounts. It's a very pleasant place to work. I love the staff from my boss to the management, which makes work much more enjoyable.
Pros
Team work, flexible hours, friendly environment, competitive salary, healthcare, 401k
Extremely Unprofessional
Management and corporate had no appreciation for staff. Management blatantly showed favoritism to certain employees and constantly disrespected them. Unreasonable deadlines which were pressured. Training is terrible with high expectations and no real tools to succeed.
Never Work Here!!!!
I don’t understand how they are constantly looking for new employees but they love to fire the ones they already have. This company is so two faced and schisty I would never recommend anybody to work here it’s a waste of time especially if you’re going to lose your job a few months later. If this company wasn’t so busy trying to get over on people they could probably have a good work environment
Excellent therapists
The PT's are very professional and knowledgeable . They make sure every patients needs and met and have a high patient satisfaction rating. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Avoid At All Costs
I would avoid accepting a position at any New York SportsCare facility. The facility director, who you work directly for, is not the actual boss and has little to no say in the rules. The Regional Director is inept and has no idea what is going on in any of the facilities they're supposed to manage. Your hours and job location could be changed at any moment, without prior notice. The pay is minimal and does not increase. Healthcare benefits are awful and handled by a third party, which makes it difficult for doctor offices to verify your insurance. If you're hired as a full time front desk, you will be responsible for everything that goes wrong in the facility, even if it is out of your control. If you're desperate for employment, your best bet is to apply for a part time position, as you will not be held accountable for anything and can get by doing minimal work.
Terrible Corporate Culture
this job is very location and director dependent. If you have a good director you can be okay and this is a manageable albeit mediocre job.

Corporate, however, is AWFUL. They very clearly do not care about their workers or their patients. They see everything in dollar signs, every patient cancel is your fault. You will get hassled by several different corporate suits via email constantly to get your numbers up. Patients can clearly state that they can't reschedule their appointment and corporate still want you to hassle them repeatedly. There are useless reports upon reports that you need to spend ages filling in every week for them to nitpick.

Turnover is very high in all positions. Pay is mediocre, medical is bad but vacation days are actually pretty good. A big sell during the interview was an intensive 2 week training, but that was a lie - training was awful and didn't answer any questions, and the guides they leave for you are poorly written and confusing. Questions often go unanswered.
Pros
Vacation time, paid lunch breaks
Cons
expensive medical, corporate micromanagement, low pay
fun productive work place
it was a great place to work, the managers were extremely nice and the patients were great. Anyone trying to get their foot in the door this is a great place to work with great people
medium/high volume
Too many patients at a time, not personal with patients. They treat workers like their replaceable. They expect a lot for a job that does not give many hours and the pay is minimal.
Pros
looks good on a resume
Cons
do not appreciate aides
Coworkers made it easy to get through the days
Depending on which day of the week it was either slow
Learned how to be patient and handle patients

management was little bit all over the place but things still got done.

There wasn't really anything hard about that job, just would not be given new opportunities to pursue a different position in the company

If you do not mind staying in the same position and and same salary its the perfect
Pros
Patients would bring lunch for the staff
Cons
Healthcare insurance was really bad
Great employer for Physical Therapist Aides
SportsCare Physical Therapy is a quality physical therapy office for any aide experience. A typical day at work consists of following and assisting patients in specific individualized exercise programs, educating patients of proper form and technique, monitoring patients throughout their program. Housekeeping duties such as laundry, garbage,cleanliness and organization of the equipment are expected..
Quiet and relaxed
Not the most advanced or cutting edge clinic, but a good atmosphere to work and learn in for someone interested in PT or corrective exercise as a career choice
physical therapy aide
The biggest issue with this company is that if you are part time, there is no room to grow in pay or in position. This is a problem because there in no motivation to work harder.
really enjoyed working here, wish that aides were able to work full time! Great and relaxed company environment. Great stepping stone for those who are looking to gain medical experience
Great people
the days are filled with dozens of people looking to get better and it feels good to make a difference in someones life. A lot of hands on learning and the people you meet and coworkers are fantastic.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SportsCare Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8