Sportsman's Warehouse
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews

discounthuntingwarehousestorefishinggunoutdoorsfirearm

Fun work environment for few people

Only management gets to have fun they run you all over the place and expect you to be 110% ready your next shift it sucks for new entry’s so if your a manager cool but otherwise it sucks

Pros

Office

Cons

everything else

Do not work LP position

We live in 2022 not 1980, the world is a bad place and paying low wages for security isn’t gonna help your shrink volumes. I was an LP and had to stop criminals with guns. -Executive Management just want their dollars

Sportsman's Warehouse insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Management fails you

Management does not give the tools you need to succeed. It’s a “good old boys club”. Women are treated second rate. The pay is ridiculously low. The stores are very understaffed due to low pay rates. The good is the local team. It’s good people who are treated poorly by upper management.

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

Pay

Not bad but not great

There is no accountability with this company. Way too much pressure for credit cards and service plans. No room for advancement. Pay is acceptable but not great.

Overworked and under paid

Store Manager is a do as I say not as I do kind of manager. There is little to no staff and they overwork the few employees they have left. They require you to push their store credit card and care more about those numbers than they do about their staffing needs. If you don't enroll enough people in their credit card you won't hear the end of it!

Pros

discount on items but not enough pay to purchase

Cons

pay and the expectation to work outside your normal hours

Absolute worst place I've ever worked

I worked here for almost a year and it was the absolute worst place I have ever worked in my life. I wouldn't go back if I was living on my last dime.

Nothing stands out

Place is not a fun environment to work in, the management is horrible. The people there are not fun or respectful. The place is overall a mess they’re always hiring because people come and go.

Fun and incentives when you reach your targets

It was fun . New challenges everday. The manager was a good manager. Team work their ability to help you when ever you need assistance. Learning about the products you selling.

Pros

Discount to permanent staff.

Cons

Standing all day.

Fun but will lie about work hours.

Was promised the day shift then scheduled for closing. Nice coworkers though. Good employee discounts. Required to talk to customers about fun topics!

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Unstable work hours

Stay away.

The good. Some employees are fun to work with. The bad. The archery lead doesn’t know anything about archery. The girl behind the gun counter only wants your phone number. Been thru 3 office managers since October. All the employees that made the store are gone. Time to shut the doors. Store manager is out of control.

Great Discount

Great Discount, great people, great atmosphere, always something to do or someone to watch. I’ve enjoyed working here. Pay is ok could be better but the discount is top notch best in the industry

I worked here between jobs part time and it was pretty good , work was easy and people were pretty nice seems like a good place to work , not many complaints

Fun job for Outdoor enthusiasts

This is an absolute dream job for someone who likes talking with customers about outdoor hobbies. (Not a football, soccer, sports store) it’s a simple keep your department clean and organized job, while you go over what customers are looking for. There is a lot of walking, standing and occasionally lifting. Good customer service is a must.

Fun place to work with good people

Fun place to work and goo to talk to customers and a great place to work. There were a few problems but they always got fixed in a timely manner and management was good

Maybe for extra cash not a living.

I'd say the company is nice to work for the discounts are awesome and the benefits are great, but the amount of work I put in for $11 and hour is actually sad. I work harder than most teens making $14 an hour in a fast food joint. I feel worthless some days.

Pros

Approx 45% discount in store

Cons

Hours, scheduling, work more than paid for.

Cliques run rampant

This company was the worst I have ever worked for. The management is very cliquey and judgmental, they are not nice to new comers or whoever doesn’t fit into their group. I was pregnant while I worked her and was not treated fairly. Many times I would be forced to walk around the store on the concrete no matter how uncomfortable or in pain I was. The management tried to force me to paint inside even though that could be dangerous while pregnant. Many times management refused to provide me a chair to sit on or any other reasonable accommodations while I was very far into my pregnancy. The only reason to work at this store is the store discount. The pay, people, and atmosphere are awful, but the discount is exciting if you buy their products often.

Retail good work environment

It’s not much different than most retail jobs. My coworkers are great and I enjoy most of my time. You will always find challenges anywhere you work. The employees are great and the store manager is awesome!

Great people

Love working here, the people have been amazing and the company discounts aren’t that bad. The manager over me is really cool and takes care of his employees and makes sure they’re comfortable.

Pros

People

Cons

Can’t think of any…..no beer?

Bad work/home balance for management

It is retail work but the customers share the same interests as you. The camaraderie between staff is unmatched. It is truly a job that a good team can make or break it.

Great if you like being treated bad

Everyone liked to talk about eachother to staff and customers and it was not a good job. No one cared about issues from management to hr. Big joke if you ask me.

Bad management

I worked at this company for 5 years. They only care about the new locations and let the other ones go to he!!. Bad management. When you ask for help from corporate that is the end of the road for you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sportsman's Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.9
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Sportsman's Warehouse with

Sportsman's Warehouse reviews by popular job title

• Sportsman's Warehouse