Play YouTube video button
SpotOn
67Average

SpotOn Employee Reviews

United States56 reviews
Enjoyed, but businesses are not wanting to change anything
It was a good job, however, since there’s no guarantee on getting 10 accounts per month, guaranteed pay is an issue. This is why I had to quit. Now with Covid, it would be near impossible to get needed income as most businesses are closed
Last resort job
Do not recommend working at this company. Inconsistent across the board. Be sure to get everything in writing since they like to create rules daily, on the fly.
Great product, company, and team. Challenging market.
I do not recommend taking this job unless you already have connections, or are a serious hustler. It's a very demanding job and you will have to make constant cold calls and/or visits.

However, if you have what it takes, it's a great position with fabulous compensation.
lifetime residuals great compensation
lifetime residuals great compensation, good benefits, a place where your paycheck is determined on your work efforts, work more make more. weak work ethic make less
Customer Support
While the company has potential it is not very supportive of its workers. My personal experience in customer support was great but there is no room for advancement in that or technical support department. Also, work is repeative.
Pros
free lunch once a week, and benefits
Cons
no career advancement
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I’ve been working for SpotOn for a short period of time.
The atmosphere, training and support systems are the best I’ve been a part of in more than 20 years! Although it is a remote position the senior leadership structure and support system could not possibly be better! Your work life balance is what you make it. Simply put if you want to make good money it’s out there but the effort is on you.
But most importantly having a job where your responsibilities are consist of helping small and large businesses in generating more revenue while saving them money through their payment processing systems is incredibly gratifying! Establishing and maintaining relationships where everyone is more than pleased with the end result is a phenomenal feeling!!!! In the words of the late great “ Eleanor Roosevelt“ it’s unfair to ask of others what you were unwilling to do yourself!GREAT PLACE TO WORK!😊😊😊😊
Fully supportive for family situations.
Loved the company. Had to leave do to personal reasons. Bad you had to drive around looking for businesses to sell the products. If you will put more then 40 hours a week in you will or can make it.
Flexible schedule
Nice place to work. Needs some updates to software, add-ons are a must with their software. They offer good quality service and at a competitive price.
Amazing company and amazing people
I just started with this company and the management and the support that i have behind me is phenomenal. This company is full of encouragement for everyone.
Amazing place to work.
This is so far the best job that ever had, not only because of the technical challenge and learning but the people that I have honour to collaborate with, they all are great and talented people.
Training and support
A company that cares for employees success and the clients profitability. Great place to work. Training is a plus in helping it's employees become well knowledgeable in the software and hardware that is presented to the potienal customer.
My position is an Outside Sales Partner.. We all talk with each other in the field
Best opportunity out there in this space! What is your time worth? Manage your business. Make the connections with prospects and turn them in to clients. The rewards are amazing!!
Great Working Environment - Amazing People - Outstanding Products
If you are looking for a career with a company that is growing exponentially SpotOn is the company to choose. No matter your role at the company you will be treated as a part of the team and with the respect you deserve. Great working environment and great people!
Spoton Review
Very forward thinking organization. However my personal experience
(Late 1-2020) regarding compensation. The recruiter, the hiring manager and the in house sales territory manager. Relatively to their compensation plan. Two of the three indivduals told me very different verisons of their compensation plans for new hires. Specifically relatively to the subject matter of draws and salary was discussed.

How is it possible this disconnect between two mid to high level internal managers even exist ? The hiring manager makes a material statement of compensation and it's not honored. The recruiter reached out to myself and indicated the statements of the hiring manager were factual. Yet the in house sales manager in San Francisco claims to have zero knowledge of the companies compensation relative to draws. On a professional level, I've never meet an experienced sales professional that completely understands the sales cycle that is willing to work for free. As a former VP Of Sales, nor would I ever hire anyone that was willing to work for free.

My take away is the company has great products in the card processing space. That other companies in the same space haven't thought through.

The above was my professional experience and should not influence your choice to work with Spoton.
If can get passed first few months, it’s worth it.
Don’t bother unless you are an expert in merchant services already, or are financially stable enough for LOTS of gas money, and I mean a lot of gas money! They train via online videos and give you a robot like sales script. If this company wants to last, and give their investors ROI they need to invest in their Sales Reps, travel to their area, and train them in the field for a couple of days. Do a 2 day 8:00am-6:00pm “ride with.” Would be a huge advantage over other Merchant Services companies.
Lack of Work-Life balance/ amazing support from managers/ good salary
Lack of Work-Life balance/ amazing support from managers/ good salary.

Overall SpotOn is a fun company to work at, but like all companies it does have, it's the area where it can improve on. This company is continuing to grow and for that reason, it is not perfect yet.
Too early to tell
Too soon to tell. Ok so far working with them. Indeed cannot force me enough to talk about something I can't gauge yet. My free will is not acknowledged
Culture is amazing
Overall SpotOn is a fun company to work at, but like all companies it does have it's area where it can improve on. This company is continuing to grow and for that reason it is not perfect yet.
An Amazing Place to work
SpotOn is an awesome company. They offer amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k. there is also a new compensation plan that pays new sales hires an average of 80k in their first year and over 120k after that!
Pros
Amazing benefits, incredible pay, and an amazing corporate climate
Cons
Need to work to make money (not a con, just feel like i need to say that nowadays)
Awful culture that backs bullies
Our shipping location was separate from the office and there was no supervision. Our "boss" was a bully along with his punk co-worker that got hostile towards me. The managers paid no heed to the bad toxic culture there. When something did arise, their simple solution was firing me and backing up the thugs that thought they were in charge. Be very aware if you are looking for shipping and receiving jobs in the Detroit area and search up this company.
Good idea managed badly
was promised a salary by the recruiter when starting for my first month since it is a commission only job was lied to. Company could never get an order done correctly something was always wrong and it made me looked bad in front of my clients. My area sales manager hardly answered my calls, and they pay just isn't that great if this is how you are going to live off on. If they company gave the reps somewhat of a salary to help pay for gas, and car maintenance this would be a great job, but they will tell you "you got to have so many deals blah blah blah happy selling."
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpotOn. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight