SpotOn Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun team and opportunities for growth/advancement
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2018
SpotOn has developed a productive and efficient recruiting team. Everyone works hard and the team dynamic is unbeatable.

It's been a rewarding experience being able to connect people to job opportunities. There are so many different projects that you get the opportunity to work on. Management and leadership are all very hands on in the process and definitely do all they can to foster growth.

Working as a recruiter has taught me to have productive phone conversations and has allowed me to build relationships with so many different candidates across the United States.
Pros
growth, advancement, free snacks, work-life balance
Cons
open floor plan makes it hard to conduct calls at times
Unrealistic sales goals
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 25, 2018
The amount of time and money you spend trying to find new clients takes away any benefit of working for “yourself”...it’s ALL out of your own pocket to cover expenses and management acts like you can just walk into businesses and find the owners willing to talk and sign immediately. On paper and phone calls it sounds great but in the real world it’s next to impossible to get started unless you have a lot in your bank account. They’ll talk and act like they’re there to help you but all they really do is repeat everything that was said in a previously recorded training session. If they truly wanted to help you and not just their own portfolio you’d get compensated for mileage and lodging when traveling.
Pros
I’ll find one eventually
Cons
Check pros

Comment – May 15, 2018

It's unfortunate you had a poor experience with us, and I'm more than happy to discuss. Please email me directly: rj@spoton.com

Being a Sales Partner is a Commission-Only job, and we're the first to admit it's not easy. If it was, everyone would be doing it. Some Sales Partners write a deal their first week, others may take a week or two. It's different for everyone but I strongly believe we are there to support and train every step of the way.

To directly address the compensation for mileage statement: Sales Partners receive a Cell & Auto allowance once they become eligible for benefits.

More importantly though, we have an aggressive Residual program to ensure that Sales Partners share in the long-term profitability of an account, not just an upfront bonus.

Fantastic Place!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
SpotOn is a fantastic place to work! I love my team and get along with everyone else in the office so I couldn't ask for much more than that. Really feels like a family!

Lots of great perks like the location, the free snacks and drinks, the tech we get to use, and the management that makes it all possible. To anyone who is managing, keep doing what you're doing!

Highly recommend working here to anyone wanting to get into a tech start up!
The start of something great...
Recruiter/Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
Located in the heart of San Francisco, SpotOn is on its way to something great! It's relieving as an employee to know that our co-founders have already established themselves in the industry. Can't wait to see what the future has in store!
Pros
Open culture, fist bumps all day, awesome people
Fast Growing, Awesome Opportunities!
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2017
New offices in the heart of the financial district, so SpotOn is really committed to it's future investment and growth! Work environment is awesome, and there's something new to learn every day. Trust me, you won't get bored working here! The Executives are down to earth people and are always willing to help out. From the recruiting phase to the sales training phase, our Sales Partners know that they're in good hands, and that their sales directors are truly dedicated to their success!
Pros
Winning environment, leadership, positive attitude, potential income (6 figures!), be your own boss (Sales Partners).
Cons
Taking public transportation to HQ. But the company offers excellent commuter benefits.
SpotOn is a great company to work for
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2017
From day one, I knew I was becoming a part of something special. Leadership has always been supportive of my desire to develop my career and advance, always providing me with the tools to succeed and giving me constructive feedback on how to do better. The culture here is very much family-oriented, with everyone having a very warm and friendly working relationship. This is a great company to work for and should definitely be considered by anyone looking to take their career to the next level.
Pros
Culture, benefits, advancement possibilities
Cons
n/a
Excellent Work Environment
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work includes making calls, qualifying in and out candidates for different outside sales teams.

I've learned a lot in this job, it gives me a great insight into the corporate world and the tech company scene.

Management is great. Constant, positive channels of communication. When you do something right, they let you know. When you do something wrong, they let you know, but also give you constructive criticism to help you better your own work. Upper management is great too, keeping a constant pulse on their entry level workforce, hearing from everyone in their company, not the typical "stay in their private office and be anti-social" type of boss, thank goodness.

Workplace culture is fantastic. A welcoming, friendly community in all departments, at all levels that believes in working hard and being successful, while having some fun too.
Start Up Company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2017
I never worked for a start up company. I sold their product and did well. After several months, the company fired the support personnel and the sales force had to do support also. The more sales you did the more support was required. After a couple of months support took up more time than sales and no compensation for the support. Since you couldn't see all the time the management began threatening to pull you salary.

I believe they lost their funding. I left the company for job security
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Management contantly threatening to pull your salary
Great product but compensation was not on par
Business Consultant / Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2016
The product was much needed because it was designed to build customer loyalty. There was a huge challenge with employees promoting usage. The commission only platform did not work for me.
Great place to work and be independent
Sales Executive/Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Great for the independent business professional. Unlimited income potential for the right individual.
This place sucks
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin TXSeptember 26, 2013
work like crazy and get paid nothing. Product is a joke. A punch card works better.