SpotOn Employee Reviews

great potential but tough to get started
Point of Sale Account Executive- B2B Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2018
recommend having a 6 month cushion to really get off the ground. no easy way to do this but to get out there everyday and make it happen. Try getting a mentor.
Pros
potential residual income
Cons
takes months to build
Not worth your time
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 4, 2018
This company no longer offers a salary for field reps, they are a commission only based, and you will be harassed and threatened daily to have your job taken away from you.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
Official response from SpotOn
September 5, 2018

While it's impossible for me to directly address the Con of "Everything", I can point-blank say that we neither harass or threaten our employees. I'd be more than happy to discuss if you feel otherwise (rj@spoton.com).
Best,
RJ (President)

Best place I've ever worked
Content Creator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2018
I’ve been with SpotOn for almost six months now, and can say without hesitation that it’s the best career position I’ve ever had. I work within the marketing team, so get the opportunity to work closely with people across various departments in the company. While each team has its own unique vibe, the one thing that is consistent across the board is the value the company puts on creating a positive company culture. This entails hiring people who are motivated, talented in their field, and most importantly, easy and fun to work with.

This starts at the top with the executives—who are highly involved and have a contagious energy about them—and extends to the individual supervisors and every team member. The company is growing quickly, so I’ve witnessed some employee turnover, but that is to be expected. The company isn’t going to be a good fit for everyone, especially when it’s bringing on a lot of new people.

For me personally, I appreciate the fact that there are high-expectations of me and that I’m given the professional respect to do my job without being micromanaged. At the same time, the mentorship is there from the leadership team, and I’ve already learned a ton from the Director of Marketing and the executives, as well as the people “in the trenches,” whether it be the tech team, customer engagement, sales partners, recruitment, HR, you name it.

I’m really happy at SpotOn and see this as the permanent home for my career, particularly because the company offers a product I can get behind and because it makes it a priority to create a positive, inclusive, and diverse
  more... workplace.  less
Pros
Great culture and coworkers
Cons
Growing fast, so there's some employee turnover
Love my team and our mission and vision
Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
Great team all working towards a common goal of helping SMBs grow. The leadership here is very transparent, open, and honest. I love my team! I love the buzz in the office created by everyone being on the floor from the sales management team to the recruitment team and even the executive team. We strive to hit our numbers and celebrate our victories with the executive team.
Pros
Great team, quality of life, and recognition.
Cons
No paid jury duty.
Exciting place to be
Anonymous employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2018
I’ve been with SpotOn for a year now and it’s been an exciting ride so far. The company has done a great job hiring strategic layers of leadership, implementing process and structure to support our growth and scale and are making consistent innovations to our technology we provide to our customers. Every employee works hard and goes the extra mile to make this a rewarding place to work. We take a lot of pride in supporting our outside sales organization and customer base to the fullest each and everyday.
Pros
Great location, high energy environment, good benefits, friendly employees and open door policy across all levels of management
Fun team and opportunities for growth/advancement
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2018
SpotOn has developed a productive and efficient recruiting team. Everyone works hard and the team dynamic is unbeatable.

It's been a rewarding experience being able to connect people to job opportunities. There are so many different projects that you get the opportunity to work on. Management and leadership are all very hands on in the process and definitely do all they can to foster growth.

Working as a recruiter has taught me to have productive phone conversations and has allowed me to build relationships with so many different candidates across the United States.
Pros
growth, advancement, free snacks, work-life balance
Cons
open floor plan makes it hard to conduct calls at times
Start-up company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 20, 2018
My day starts by creating a daily route and making cold calls, Daily calls with the management team. Follow up on previous day calls and try closing deals.
Pros
new product that works, Great management team
Cons
commission pay for sales
Unrealistic sales goals
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 25, 2018
The amount of time and money you spend trying to find new clients takes away any benefit of working for “yourself”...it’s ALL out of your own pocket to cover expenses and management acts like you can just walk into businesses and find the owners willing to talk and sign immediately. On paper and phone calls it sounds great but in the real world it’s next to impossible to get started unless you have a lot in your bank account. They’ll talk and act like they’re there to help you but all they really do is repeat everything that was said in a previously recorded training session. If they truly wanted to help you and not just their own portfolio you’d get compensated for mileage and lodging when traveling.
Pros
I’ll find one eventually
Cons
Check pros

Comment – May 15, 2018

It's unfortunate you had a poor experience with us, and I'm more than happy to discuss. Please email me directly: rj@spoton.com

Being a Sales Partner is a Commission-Only job, and we're the first to admit it's not easy. If it was, everyone would be doing it. Some Sales Partners write a deal their first week, others may take a week or two. It's different for everyone but I strongly believe we are there to support and train every step of the way.

To directly address the compensation for mileage statement: Sales Partners receive a Cell & Auto allowance once they become eligible for benefits.

More importantly though, we have an aggressive Residual program to ensure that Sales Partners share in the long-term profitability of an account, not just an upfront bonus.

Great Management Team & Free Snacks/drinks
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Other than the pay structure. Everything else is Spoton! From the open start up feel office to snacks/drinks/occasionally cater breakfast/lunch to awesome management team. Great company to learn the ropes from since their management team is all about self growth and helping their employees succeed.
Pros
Snacks/drinks/arcade games
Cons
low pay/not much advancement
Fast paced company
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2017
Typical Fast paced company in a a fast passed world. They showed promise in the beginning but didn't follow through with what they said they would do so be warned
Fantastic Place!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
SpotOn is a fantastic place to work! I love my team and get along with everyone else in the office so I couldn't ask for much more than that. Really feels like a family!

Lots of great perks like the location, the free snacks and drinks, the tech we get to use, and the management that makes it all possible. To anyone who is managing, keep doing what you're doing!

Highly recommend working here to anyone wanting to get into a tech start up!
The start of something great...
Recruiter/Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
Located in the heart of San Francisco, SpotOn is on its way to something great! It's relieving as an employee to know that our co-founders have already established themselves in the industry. Can't wait to see what the future has in store!
Pros
Open culture, fist bumps all day, awesome people
Fast Growing, Awesome Opportunities!
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 26, 2017
New offices in the heart of the financial district, so SpotOn is really committed to it's future investment and growth! Work environment is awesome, and there's something new to learn every day. Trust me, you won't get bored working here! The Executives are down to earth people and are always willing to help out. From the recruiting phase to the sales training phase, our Sales Partners know that they're in good hands, and that their sales directors are truly dedicated to their success!
Pros
Winning environment, leadership, positive attitude, potential income (6 figures!), be your own boss (Sales Partners).
Cons
Taking public transportation to HQ. But the company offers excellent commuter benefits.
SpotOn is a great company to work for
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2017
From day one, I knew I was becoming a part of something special. Leadership has always been supportive of my desire to develop my career and advance, always providing me with the tools to succeed and giving me constructive feedback on how to do better. The culture here is very much family-oriented, with everyone having a very warm and friendly working relationship. This is a great company to work for and should definitely be considered by anyone looking to take their career to the next level.
Pros
Culture, benefits, advancement possibilities
Cons
n/a
Excellent Work Environment
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work includes making calls, qualifying in and out candidates for different outside sales teams.

I've learned a lot in this job, it gives me a great insight into the corporate world and the tech company scene.

Management is great. Constant, positive channels of communication. When you do something right, they let you know. When you do something wrong, they let you know, but also give you constructive criticism to help you better your own work. Upper management is great too, keeping a constant pulse on their entry level workforce, hearing from everyone in their company, not the typical "stay in their private office and be anti-social" type of boss, thank goodness.

Workplace culture is fantastic. A welcoming, friendly community in all departments, at all levels that believes in working hard and being successful, while having some fun too.
Start Up Company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2017
I never worked for a start up company. I sold their product and did well. After several months, the company fired the support personnel and the sales force had to do support also. The more sales you did the more support was required. After a couple of months support took up more time than sales and no compensation for the support. Since you couldn't see all the time the management began threatening to pull you salary.

I believe they lost their funding. I left the company for job security
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Management contantly threatening to pull your salary
Productive and fun workplace.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago (Illinois)April 3, 2017
Learned a lot of Android development being part of small and growing company. Colleagues were fun and easy to get along. Office is situated in one of the happening place in downtown Chicago.
Great product but compensation was not on par
Business Consultant / Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2016
The product was much needed because it was designed to build customer loyalty. There was a huge challenge with employees promoting usage. The commission only platform did not work for me.
Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  South FloridaJanuary 28, 2014
Terrible experience. Spoton is a spinoff from Central Payment. A credit card processing company.
I was hired over the phone, did launch the company in south florida. Was number one in the country, but quickly learned their credit card hiring mentality of constantly hiring and firing people.
I did not agree and was eventually fired.
Pros
Cons
Wrong business model for me.
Great place to work and be independent
Sales Executive/Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2014
Great for the independent business professional. Unlimited income potential for the right individual.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpotOn. Our community is ready to answer.