Spreckels Sugar Company

Spreckels Sugar Company insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Lab technician

Run samples from raw sugar beets,and molases,ph's,brixes,purity,calibrate weight scales, handle chemicals,titrations,data in computers,safety crew member,under heavy supervision!

Bad team leaders

No life outside the job, pays to low. Also the shifts change every 7 days to morning, afternoon, and nights. Most of the time is stressful and they make you feel that you are replaceble every time. The weather is too hot and worst inside the factory.

Cons

Shifts rotated every week, pays to low

It's a good, if theirs don't have nothing else. But something more important is your safety. Something more important then those jobs there.

Improve on safety and care for those works at your company. Product is important but a life is worth more then the product combined with your company. Thank you for your time an good day.

Fast paced..loading truck with sugar pallets coming off the production line

It's a good place to work. There is work over 5 months of the year. This is a seasonal work. There is rotating shift every week. We get paid by weekly

Cons

Seasonal work does not qualify for benefits.

Fun

Great place to work. Safe place. Good hours good caring people. Good hours and days to enjoy with co workers. Safety first. Reward to employers. Picnic days with family and co workers

Cons

Short breaks

What I learned

you always have to stay on your toes because you never know what is going to happen. Communication is a very important thing on the job, as well as saftey.

Industrial Plant Electrician

Took care of all plant electrical incoming power and parallel 5 MW Steam Turbine Generator with PGE. Worked on PLC’s trouble shot controls and Scada system using intelligibility and Plant TV, installed and trouble shot VFDs and centrifugals, lighting metal halide and hps, had a great group of people to work with it was like a family enviornment, definitely miss those fine people helpful and great comadery of work associates old young we all got along to make sugar as a team. If I needed help people were there to help if they needed help I was there for mechanical or electrical and or instrumentation. Great place to work

Pros

People, ongoing training, pay, chance to go to other plants and assist with their start ups.

Cons

The plant closed down, due to reactive maintenance.

Hard working environment

Great opportunities there but very competitive. The people I worked with were great as well as the manager I worked for but the working conditions are very difficult

A great learning experience

A learning experience, and a fun place to work and the supervisor are very open minded when you have questions concerning a certain project. When i first started i was maintenance.Maybe 3 months into the job they moved me up to a Mechanic Helper.

Pros

Spreckles is all about safety

Cons

some people are unfriendly

a good environment

a typical day at work is walking around and cleaning areas that need to be cleaned. Also getting samples every hour from different departments. really good informant to work at.

Pros

co workers and management

Cons

hours

My first Job, I enjoyed it very much.

I am very thankful with this company for giving me the opportunity, my first Driving Fork Lift experienced,operated different kind machines.I end up working with company for 15 years.Company closed in 1996.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spreckels Sugar Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Spreckels Sugar Company Reviews by Location