Spredfast Employee Reviews

Spredfast is a fantastic place to work!
Senior Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I couldn't say enough good things about the people at Spredfast. They are easy to work with. Easily integrate new ideas into the platform with minimal push back. The benefits are also fantastic! Love working at Spredfast!
Poor Management Structure
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2018
If you are an automatic fit then you have no worries, if not then you may experience difficulties trying to adjust. Managers can be inexperienced and not up to the level of communication necessary to be a good manager.
Pros
Free lunch, work from home, cool office
Cons
People that may not be willing to work with you
Great place
Client Success (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2018
Spredfast is wonderful but the pay should be much better. The culture is amazing and the flexibility is unbeatable. Management isn't as experienced in some of the departments.
Love Working at Spredfast
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2018
I've worked at Spredfast for almost a year now and it's definitely the most positive experiences that I've had in the multiple Enterprise Software companies that I've worked for. Not only does Spredfast have a strong product in the Enterprise Social Media Management Software space, but internally, I feel that we have a well-oiled machine that makes it easy to focus on doing your job as opposed to doing clerical tasks or not knowing where to go to find information.
Pros
Strong product, great internal communications, healthy work culture, empowering philosophy by management (as opposed to micro-managing)
Cons
We are moving offices in May 2019 (location TBD)
Great People
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2018
Building, Selling and Renewing Social Marketing Software is not an easy feat. While things are not perfect, I have a ton of confidence that the executive team is creating a valuable business.

Knowing I'm a part of creating a valuable business/service is a big deal to me. My management has been a big plus. I've had a number of managers that will probably rank in the best I'll ever have. I did have a couple that weren't that great, but big net win.

The strengths are the talents of the people you work with. A growing market and leadership that cares about the people. You can learn a career worth from the leaders at Spredfast.

The weaknesses that show themselves are in process of being addressed by the company. More training for the employees, improving communication across departments, and a few others.

If you want to learn and do excellent work, great place.
NA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work and help a great list of customers enhance their social media strategies. The team really cares to make a difference and work collaboratively. It's a growing and everchanging industry so there is risk involved, but the rewards are good.
Pros
Team collaboration and social media learnings
Na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 14, 2017
I would not be able to recommend Spredfast, especially for remote employees. Everyone is just waiting for the company to be acquired and not trying to make it a great place to work any more.
Pros
Na
Amazing Job Culture!
Digital Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 30, 2016
This was an amazing learning experience! Supervisors and marketing employees are sharp and team players. A great place to start your career. The offices are amazing and the office vibes are relaxed and positive! Great overall!
Stay Away From the Custom Team
Front End Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2016
I was a developer on the custom team at Spredfast (it has many names so look out for the work 'custom' being used.) This review is HIGHLY specific to that team, and isn't a great reflection of Spredfast as a whole. It will be obvious to the employees there who I am from this review (full disclosure.)

The custom team is a mess. If you are a developer, do not go near it. There is a reason that almost no developer on that team lasts more than a year before finding a new job, switching teams (voluntarily), or getting fired. The custom team chews people up and spits them out. There is no work/life balance to speak of. Expressing concerns about this leads to responses like 'well when you start logging 60 hour weeks, then we'll know we need to hire more people to share the workload' yet logging more than 40 hours was frowned upon since we were doing contract work and we were almost always over on our hours anyways. It was sort of an unspoken expectation and everyone seemed to be in a constant state of stress and exhaustion.

The team as a whole (no one person's fault) was also incredibly resistant to change. It took months to start trying something new, and then it was usually only a half-hearted attempt so it never stuck. Things like agile development, automated testing, code reviews, no meeting Wednesdays, a 1-hour hackathon knock-off, designated time periods to take questions to reduce interruptions ('office hours'), 'lunch & learn' type meetings... These were all things we tried to implement in the time I was there to various degrees of success (or failure as it were.) If
  more... you join this team hoping you can make a difference and turn it around, you are going to be disappointed.

I will say that I absolutely loved the work I did. I got to work on something new every 3-4 weeks and most of the time it was incredibly challenging and therefore engaging for me. I learned SO much in the time that I was there. If management were different, and if Spredfast's approach to custom sales were more modern (in line with other agencies doing similar work; i.e. less black-box, less waterfall) then I think that it would have been a much more enjoyable place to work.

All that being said, I worked with a pretty great group of people. Hard-working and optimistic in the face of some incredibly challenging work conditions. They for the most part seemed to enjoy what they did and tried to give it their all - it is nice to work with people who care about what they do.

The rest of Spredfast (outside of the custom team, and Austin location only) seemed really cool though. If given the option, I would have chosen to change to a different team. I had a lot of respect for the other development teams, they seemed like the had some really good standards and structure around their process and there were a lot of really smart people. I also think that the other products were really neat and would have been interesting to work on. I can't speak much for the other Spredfast offices, but on a couple of occasions that I worked with their developers, it wasn't a great experience. I think the Austin office has higher standards.
Pros
Free lunches, nice office, fun coworkers
Cons
no work/life balance, no 401k matching
decent for the short term
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
I have worked here for about a year. From what I can tell, this is a great place to work right after college but you shouldn't expect to stay for more than a year.

Management is mostly run by a group of three women that are very gossipy. By that I mean that they will compliment each other about new haircuts but then very openly talk about the same person's weight gain.

Management is very loose and after a while you will realize that most the people in management have no idea what they are doing. Their only experience is usually as a middle level employee somewhere else and then no real formal management training. They rely mostly on Google for their explanations and training.

New hires in the management team are better but it is still obvious that the "old guard" runs this show. It is important not to ask too many questions. Even if you did though, you'd sit and talk for maybe thirty minutes with no real answers. Very frustrating.

Benefits are good; meals, time off (sometimes), and come and go office environment. You'll notice that many of the upper level employees will come in closer to ten and leave around 4:30. If you are seen leaving any earlier than that you will be talked to. So just go with it.

This is not a racially diverse group. Mostly white and Mexican American with a predominately female employee base on the team I work on. This is fine but you will deal with the aforementioned gossip that I feel bad for noting that may not be as prevalent with a more balanced team.

There is no real opportunity for advancement and even if you are advanced,
  more... the pay is not commiserate with the new duties. You'll also notice that there are many on the team that have no more than four hours of work while others are in the 8-9 hour range.

Not bad overall. But full of drama if you don't keep your head down. Do your year or so then get out seems to be the feel I've gotten.