Spreetail Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Supply Chain Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 19, 2018
Had an amazing experience working at Spreetail. Loved the work that I did and the amazing culture they have created. It's a great place to work and would recommend it to anyone.
Not a fun place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 26, 2018
Disrespectful management team that does not appreciate their employees. The management team does not provide equal chances for those seeking advancement. They have pre-selected individuals whom they provide training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
blue tooth speakers allowed
Cons
excessive hours required.
Young and inexperienced management (Stay Away)
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 2, 2018
Every 10 minutes they pull you from one job to another. The packing area gets backed up at the end of the day because nobody is being delegated to that area. Lots of temps work there since the turnover is extremely high. Young supervisors and managers who are inexperienced in delegation on workforce. Warehouse is a complete disaster and so disorganized. You give them ideas on how to improve the warehouse and they just say you have to deal with it for now.
Not worth all the hype... stay far away.
Benefits
Cons
Young and inexperienced supervisors
Misrepresented Culture
Business Development Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
The employees do a great job of trying to maintain the culture as it is advertised. However, leadership is green and confuses "fun perks" for appropriate benefits. Add a zero work life balance and this company is positioned to recruit young, green workers. There are not many older and mature employees. The turnover among them is very high.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Lack of vision and leadership
Challenging and exciting place to work
People and Culture (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
Spreetail is a great place to work if you want to grow immensely and not just work to make money. People at Spreetail work here because they are passionate about their own personal growth but also passionate about the goals and vision of the company. Respectful and honest communication is how people work together here and everyone is on the same "team" to work together and achieve the goals of the company. You work extremely hard at Spreetail, but if you are a good fit for the company and the culture, you will thoroughly enjoy it. Everyone challenges each other to think better and be better.
Pros
Beer Fridays, Corral Seating, Growth Opportunities, Collaboration
Cons
Longer hours than a typical full-time job
Making a Dent
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
I truly enjoy going to work every day and getting to interact with all departments across the company. I am passionate about what I do and everyone on my team is always eager to help me grow and learn.
Dream Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
The Lincoln offices have bright motivating colors and tons of natural light. I constantly have the opportunity to collaborate on various projects not only with members of my team, but also across departments. They truly believe in hiring great people and getting out of their way - you are empowered to make business decisions that can have major impacts on the whole company. I always have things to do which makes the day (and week) fly by. When it comes to work/life balance I appreciate that they keep different people in mind when creating events. Some people have kids - they offer family days/days at the zoo/etc. Some people have dogs instead- they offered a dog park day. Even though I spend a lot of time at the office, I appreciate that I'm responsible for my schedule and have untracked PTO so I never have to miss something with my family. I work 45-50 hours a week and even after that, I still get excited to spend more time with my co-workers after hours. #dreamteam
Surrounded by hard-working, caring, and dedicated employees
People and Culture Intern (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
I am an intern with Spreetail and it has been one of the best experiences in college and my career so far! As an intern, they treat you like any other employee and enable you to make your own decisions and work on projects that you are truly passionate about.

In order to be successful at Spreetail, you need to be willing and able to put in the hours (typically 50 hours/week). The work is really rewarding and worth it, so hours usually fly by.

I would highly recommend applying for either an internship or full-time position. You will grow, develop skills, and become close friends with fellow employees.
Pros
Happy Hours and other Social Events, Career Development, Collaborative Work Environment, Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Few Free Lunches, Need to Have an "All-In" Attitude to be Successful
Awesome people, accomplishing big things
People & Culture (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2018
They've somehow been able to grow at an exceptional rate while finding great, genuine team members. The expectations are high and there's a lot of work, but with the support of managers and peers, the days are fun and challenging.
BIG things happening
Full-Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 8, 2018
Spreetail is a company that's doing things we've never done before, which is that hardest and most enjoyable part of working here. The management is pretty hands-off, they hire people that they trust and they let them get the job done. I worked alongside some of the best and brightest and loved coming to work every day. I really enjoyed the autonomy in my role and would definitely recommend to a friend!
Pros
Casual dress, unlimited time off, great healthcare, company trip, company events
Cons
Hard work
Best job without a college degree
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 19, 2018
You won't find a better career without a college degree. They provide all training needed and resources for advancement such as forklift certification and OJT training in any other area you're interested in. They encourage you to try new things so you aren't stuck in a rut doing the same thing everyday. Any review saying this place doesn't give breaks is false. I have been here for three months and always have an hour lunch except one time on the busiest day of the year it was a half hour lunch. They give you the option to work as much as you want allowing no overtime cap which is fantastic and it pays off. Minimum of 45 hour weeks and you can bet on job security and guaranteed overtime which is where a large chuck of your pay comes from. My warehouse started me off at $17.50/hr with PTO after 3 months of employment and the absolute best insurance benefits after one month. I would work here purely for the insurance benefits I get for me and my family. Management can be a little wishey washey but the awesome staff and the job itself make up for it. Team oriented but allows for independence as well at times. I could go on and on as to how great this company is and by far the greatest job I've ever had. As long as spreetail will have me I will stay. Very happy to call myself a spreetail employee
Pros
Insurance benefits, Great Pay, Growth
Cons
Not fun. Physically Demanding. No Life Outside Work. Stay Away.
Fulfillment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 6, 2018
They hype up this position way to much. To have a 3 step interview process for a warehouse position is absolutely insane. The hours were long and you never knew when you were going to get off. Some days could be working from 7am until 9pm at night. Oh and did I say usually only 30 minute breaks? You were lucky if you got an hour for lunch. Everyone talked behind each other's back so there was no sense of unity amongst the team members. Everyone I talked to is tired of their position and trying to leave the company ASAP. It is just a revolving door for the warehouse.

Management was poor. You could be sick and they wouldn't care. For being a e-commerce company, the technology and wifi was god awful. The biggest draw back was the warehouse felt like it did not belong with the company. The company gets monthly catered lunches for employees of the month, but the warehouse isn't able to participate in it because of the demanding job at hand. Another big thing is the probability of switching from the warehouse to the office is very difficult/rare and often takes a few years.

Honestly, look elsewhere for a position, but if all you care about is the money then give it a shot. Not worth the money to stand there day in and day out for 12 hours to box product continuously.
Pros
Overtime pay...That's it.
Cons
Short breaks. NO personal life at all. Long hours. No morale. Lack of training.
Awful Company
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 15, 2017
i worked there 7 months and by the end of it i had absolutely nothing left to give. 12 hour days,6 days a week. 30 minute lunches and no breaks. don't join this company its absolutely horrible!
Pros
they pay 16.50 but that's a draw back since there's no insentive to try
Cons
everything this place was a prison and every day was worse than the last.
It's a demanding job but the benefits are exponential. I'm a current employee and wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 20, 2017
The hours are long and the work at times can be very demanding but the payoff makes it all worth it. It's a lifestyle change for sure but once you make the decision you won't want to work anywhere else. The breaks are never less than 30 minutes so every other review about that is false. Don't let the reviews scare you away. This is a great company!
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, plenty of room for advancement.
Cons
Short breaks at times
Not a fun place to work at ALL
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 27, 2017
There are no breaks at all!!! You will be forced to work until all the work is done. Be prepared to have very very bad days! You will work 8-10 hours before you are even given a lunch. Which they say is an hour, but it isn't.. you might get it, or you might get 5 mins.... Literally. Start time is usually 6 am or 7 and u won't even begin to think about getting off until 6:30 is u are lucky.. been there at 9 at night b4 more than once.... Good luck Morale is bad!! Everyone is miserable!
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No breaks and NO personal life!! Very Poor leadership
Love my job
Fulfillment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 20, 2017
Everyone works really hard. It is a tough, challenging job. Advancement opportunities are up to you to make the impact and take the initiative. There is a lot of room for growth if you are up for the challenge.
Pros
Benefits, no cap on overtime, the people, growth
Cutthroat Company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 11, 2017
Management was poor, technology stack was all over the place and bloated. No room for morals here, just heartless and vicious; If we can save a dollar by ruining someone's life no loss of sleep here!
Fun work environment and good customer service though.
Very Long hours no personal life!
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 1, 2017
This is a new wearhouse there still is a lot of problems. Poor management. You will work 11-14 hour days with NO breaks at all!!! Other than lunch, which could be an hour or 15 mins. Depending on the workload. Very young management with no other wearhouse experience than here.
Pros
Short Company Trips 2 days!
Cons
You will have no life. And when u re off work you will be too tired to do anything but sleep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spreetail. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

4.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight