Spring Arbor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoyed the coworkers and teamwork but management was poor
Supervising LPN/MedTech (Former Employee) –  kill devil hills, ncMarch 22, 2018
The pay was good, but management was poor and they hired family. The coworkers were team oriented and that was good. They were always understaffed and calling you in for extra hours
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks, if any; poor management, understaffed
its great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 28, 2018
Its great everyone gets a long and coworkers are great as well. The space is very clean and well maintained. If you have problems they are worked on very fast.
Activity
Concierge/Activity Asst (Former Employee) –  Severna Park, MDFebruary 26, 2018
Talking to residents about the days activities. How come up with activities with little supplies.Not good at communicating. Workplace need more supply and communication with residents. Hardest part of the job is lack of communication in the company.
Pros
The resident are great.
cut-throat unprofessional management
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 8, 2018
The race seemed to start out well but it did not end well it is an evil cut-throat eviroment including management and staff. I would never go back there to work not even for a second.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Deceptive Management and Employees
Nice Enviroment
Medication Aide/CNA I (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 29, 2017
Poor management. They don't trust their staff. To the point that management never goes home. They are too busy worried about micromanaging the staff. Residents are great!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
micromanaged
lack of advancement and poor management
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 24, 2017
There is no chance of advancement here. The management team does not care about their employees, they believe they are easily replaceable. You must clock out even if you are unable to take a break. Frequently stuck there after your scheduled shifts due to call outs and lack of staff. Compensation is poor and raises are few and far between.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
hard work with little equipment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCOctober 22, 2017
Friendly staff and assisting people everyday. Hard work with little pay. Not very good benefits or PTO. No lifts available to use for residents. Little maintenance staff and few Registered Nurses.
Pros
breaks, even workloads
Cons
lower pay, little equipment
Really encourage their employees
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 27, 2017
Training and education is a big part of their mission! Many opportunities to grow professionally. The best part of the job are the residents. More pros than cons!
Fun, productive place to work,
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 30, 2017
Good place to get started in assistant living care, some residents were hard to get along with, but you weren't pressured to assist them,team work was great, work load wasn't hard,you had advancement, classes on medical assistant if you wanted it.kitchen, dinning room experience you had .personal time for the residents.
Pros
Closely working with Residents, Family members.
Cons
Regular breaks, down time
Need better management to come in and take care of residents needs.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCMarch 16, 2017
Need better management to step in and take care of residents as well as employees. Need to be more of a fun and happy go lucky environment for everyone there.
Good company, slow progression
Customer Service Representative, Cook (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 11, 2016
Spring Arbor is an "ok" place to work. I enjoy my job. The biggest problem I find with the company is "everybody gets out of line" at times and tries to be others boss. There's a lot of gossip and disgruntlement.

Management seems to be fair with employees and very cordial. Wages are low. There also is a high employee turnover.

I have gained quite a bit of experience with the job, learning how to cook and prepare desserts and foods at high volumes and making them taste good. The compliments I get are tremendous. That makes the job most enjoyable.

Cleaning is enjoyable also; it could be easier. Washing pots and pans every day and scrubbing floors after each meal can be quite strenuous, especially after cooking a meal to serve approximately 70 people.
Pros
meals for employees are only $1.00 per meal.
Cons
Health care is offered but expensive
Good company to work for. Need further experience
Customer service is crucial (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 16, 2016
Good company to work for. I need further advancement to coincide with my schooling at Lenoir Community College. I complete my AAS degree in Culinary Arts in May, 2016.
Completed clinicals at Spring Arbor for CNA course
student (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 4, 2015
Although I was never employed here, I worked 2 40 hour weeks at this establishment. The staff was always incredibly kind, honest, helpful, and encouraging. I learned many things during my time here. I learned how to put aside emotions when there is a job at hand. Learning to put yourself in other people shoes almost entirely as the safety of their well being is in your hands at times. Most importantly it taught me how to give of myself, think of others, and make wise decisions. The coworkers were very helpful and they explained things clearly and did not hesitate to show me the right way when I had a question about a certain residents care plan. The hardest part of my time there was trying to get a very tall man into bed who cannot bend his legs. It was not easy and I asked for assistance, but together we got the job done the right way. Most enjoyable part of the day is refilling tea and coffee and cleaning up plates knowing most of the residents are full and happy.
Pros
learning so much
Cons
having to leave
Really enjoyed working with the residents!
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCNovember 19, 2015
Lots of hard work, but rewarded by the satisfaction of the Spring Arbor Residents...enjoyed my time there as Lead Cook...would like to continue working in an assisted living facility environment
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
High turnover
fun work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2015
fun work place, I enjoyed caring for my residents and talking to them. If you love caring for others, this is a good company to work for as well
Poor Management
❸ Nurse Aide 1 (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 5, 2015
Spring Arbor is a beautiful community with a lot of potential; however, that potential is ruined by the management staff. They have terrible attitudes and do not get along with each other. Staff is overworked and UNDERPAID. Hard work is never recognized and communication is terrible. The Resident Care Coordinator- so she calls herself- has yet to display any sign of leadership to those she supervises.
Wonderful Residents
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 18, 2015
everyday coming to work was wonderful being able to see a smile on the residents faces. Talking to the residents everyday brings a joy to heart.
i enjoy my job/residents at Spring Arbor
cna11 (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 21, 2014
I have seen so many different stages in dealing with dementia care I enjoy my job and working with the residents,everyday can be a challenge not just for the residents but staff as well it would be nice to know there were a cure for this disease but until one is found compassion and understanding is a must.
management is an issue
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 15, 2014
They management was an issue. They worked people that were in high school till late and made them work full time hours even though they were part time. Also made everyone work every holiday.
healthy environment
Lead Chef, Line Cook, Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2014
Typical day was overseeing that all residents were fed and special meal requirements were met. That all parts of kitchen and dining room were cleaned. I loved working with the elderly and hearing all their life lessons and stories. The hardest part of my job was not physical it was mental, in that these residents would pass away and I felt i lost more than just a client, but a family member.
Pros
great staff, fun place to work
Cons
long demanding hours 60+ a week