Spring Hill Suites Employee Reviews

Management makes the culture.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 16, 2019
My time there saw a large shift in the management and with it the culture related to it. Those in charge now are still wonderful people, but it is a completely different environment than it was a year ago. Pay isn't great but I was given an internship opportunity while working there which went a long way.
Pros
Down time in off season gives you a chance to work on your self.
Cons
Sesame place is a very busy time.
Great coworkers
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 11, 2019
Need better management, need better pay, employees not appreciated
Employees are great we help each other
Management only cares about themselves
Need renovations
Pros
Coworkers and hotel discounts
Cons
Management sucks
No hours
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Land o lakes FloridaApril 10, 2019
Worked their during the construction period. Beautiful hotel when it was completed. The construction period was hard work and exhausting. Started ft and was told I was going to be the only houseman to keep my hours at ft. Needless to say they hired another houseman and my hours were cut from 40 hours to 1 or 2 days a week. Needless to say I felt used after my hard work keeping it clean during the construction period. Management was friendly but could of been more prepared on what needed to be done at certain times
Pros
Pay was standard
Cons
Lots of work no appreciation
Front desk was friendly
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 8, 2019
The front desk staff was awesome and super friendly. However, the general manager and the Housekeeping manager are very rude. Not a positive work environment, very little pay for how hard you have to work. Supplies were never stocked in time for the house keepers.
Pros
Free coffee and room discounts
Cons
Long hours very little pay
work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCApril 5, 2019
We check guest in. Process payments, do daily paperwork. Sometimes the job can be fast paced but overall is a great place to work. I have enjoyed my time here.
Best if you’re looking for a career in hospitality
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 3, 2019
That’s if you have no outside life! Any hospitality job is going to take up most of your time since hotels are open 24/7-365. That being said, it wasn’t a bad job. Holiday and vacation seasons are hectic.
Pros
discounts worldwide
Cons
no breaks, short lunch, no holidays off, inconsistent schedule
great work place
Front Desk Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 30, 2019
slow pace of work since it is a smaller hotel. can get busy at times. All of the employees are great hours are great as well. I hate that we do not take a lunch, although we can eat on our own time.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no lunch break/work 8 hours straight
Loved working here
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 26, 2019
Love working there was the best job I ever had the people who comes from all over the world to come visit the people I worked with was great I just love it
Enjoy the staff
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Haymarket, VAMarch 24, 2019
I have been working at Springhill Suites for over 20 mo and feel it is an exceptional place to work. Upper management is very knowledgeable regarding the Hotel/Hospitality Industry. I received a vast of knowledge about the Hotel Industry and feel that I would be a good candidate to further my career within this Industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the guest/clients on a daily basis. I am a people person and this provides me with a great deal of satisfaction when I know that I had an impact on some persons day (for the better). I learned a great deal of Marriott's culture and what the expect from their employees. Marriott is a great place to work and the treat their employees with respect.
Pros
working with guest on a daily basis
Cons
no being able to accomodate guest when we are sold out
n/a
Bartender / Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola Beach, FLMarch 18, 2019
n/a = I would rather not complete this section of the assessment, thank you for the opportunity to opt out of this. filling in the blanks for minimum character count
Poor management
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 16, 2019
OTO development and Marriott have poor management skills. You won’t get your final paycheck. They openly racially discriminate against employees and guests. Current GM has less experience than her employees. Regional manager is verbally abusive and retaliates against whistleblowers. Poor performance is rewarded and good performance is punished or completely unnoticed. Strongly recommend a different hotel chain.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, pay, hours (lack of)
Fast Pace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2019
Working in a hotel you are always on a fast pace you have your dead times but mostly very fast pace which is what I love once again love working where i met new people all the time.
work environment
Night Auditor/ Over-night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 25, 2019
The work environment is alright. Best advice is to just do your job and keep to yourself. The people that work here are very unappreciative of the work that is done here and they don't care about you or what you have to say and they won't take your serious and if you give them the chance to take advantage of you then they surely will.
Pros
experience
Cons
co workers
Its a good place to work.
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Needs more communication there and opportunity to grow overall its an ok place to work.it needsto be more diversity there management needs to be a little more friendly that's all i have to say.
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoy working there , they are teaching me all aspects of the hotel. including housekeeping, working in the laundry department, and working at the breakfast bar serving breakfast to the guests.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
not enough hours
Employees are great , everything else. No.
House Person (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAFebruary 7, 2019
I honestly enjoyed working here, due to the fact of the benefits we would get for hotels. But that’s all that kept me there, and leaving didn’t sadden me it made me realize I’m moving onto bigger and better things
It’s a nice a Hotel and great people comes there all the time. It’s real nice on the inside and outside.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 5, 2019
I have had my good and bad days but you have to learn to stay focus and get everything done so you won’t have anyone over your shoulder about how you doing your job. You working with different people with different personalities you have to stay positive at all times. But after all, It’s a great place to be and great people to meet and greet everyday.
I loved that job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2019
The job was nice I was going to college so I couldn't work the hours that I wanted and I just had a baby that year so I had to back down from the job find something that was given me more money
good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pensacola Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2019
great team to work with
family together
ever one looks out for another
ever one helped one another
time off
how to clean rooms for the guests
miss the peoples
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2019
It was productive fast passed job,worked all positions front desk,laundry atendant,lobby,houseman,as well as housekeeping cleanliness was most important,sticking of amenities quality work always
Pros
30 minutes break
Cons
Healthcare