Play YouTube video button

Featured review
Spring Hills Senior Communities selected this as a representative review
Great place to work.
Activities assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 5, 2018
A great place to work. The residents are like my second family. My department manager is always available to help out with any concerns or problems. All the staff are willing to come together to help. I would recommend the facility for anyone looking for a job.
Pros
The residents, other staff.
Cons
I wish I lived closer, pay was higher.
Easy work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2019
I mainly worked out of nursing homes but only one particular Brookdale. It was a fun opportunity to always be at that place. Those were the best times of my life.
Pros
Not bad drive
Cons
No insurance

Dear CNA,
Thank you for leaving us a 5 Star Review. We appreciate your support of Spring Hills!

Great, but beware cliques and favoritism
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 12, 2019
I was so happy working for this company until I noticed a lot of sneakiness in regards to co-workers and management. It's almost like working in a big highschool! Would not recommend to anyone who would like to keep their sanity.

Dear Receptionist,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will work with the local team to make it a more welcoming environment.

Don’t bother
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 22, 2019
Easiest job to have but the stress from the co workers and manager isn’t worth it. The manager of the kitchen didn’t have it together. She lied a lot, blamed the manager of the building on everything. Hired people who had no idea how to cook. The co workers who have been there for years would try to intimidate the newer coworkers about being “replaced.” The pay is so low and they expect so much from you. I was there for 8 months and I wish I would have left 5 months ago.

Dear Cook -
Thank you for your feedback. We will work with the community to make it a more welcoming environment.

Great place to work, not easy but satisfying
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 17, 2019
After 12 years of employment I have to say they invest in their employees. There is a system in place to address all grievances and generally this works well.

Dear Director of Environmental Services,
Thank you so much for your dedication, feedback and positive review. We appreciate your positive review!

Great work environment
LPN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 15, 2019
staff are pleasant and respectful to one another for the most part. Free meals are great. Advancement opportunities are slim. Great job for part time work while going to school or having two jobs. They work with your schedule.

Dear LPN Supervisor,
Thank you so much for your dedication and support. We appreciate your positive feedback!

I love my job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJuly 8, 2019
As a nurse I love my job I have learned so much and have great people I work with . Like any job it's what you make of it , I come in with a positive attitude and enjoy my hours at work being with the residents and learning about their past and what they have done in their youth for example I mentioned I have never been on a train .. oh goodness what amazing stories I heard from residents and the times they thehad been on a train

Dear Nurse,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for the 5 Star Review. We appreciate your positive support!

Great for learning life skills
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 4, 2019
It is an absolutely wonderful temporary job. There are so many great people to meet, and skills to learn. If you want part time work it’s perfect. They are very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
You get to work with sweet elderly people
Cons
Most departments are very, very poorly managed.

Dear Maintenance Technician,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review!

Alright place to work if you don't want to grow.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2019
When I first was hired, I loved working there, but now I'm glad I am moving forward. If I didn't make the decision to become an RN I would have definitely sought out another place to work as an LPN. Management yells and curse at employees. Caregivers need better training and understanding of dementia. I love my fellow nurses, but management needs some work
June 24, 2019

Dear LPN,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews as we are always looking to make improvements for a better work environment for our associates.

Dear LPN,
Thank you for feedback to help us make improvements. We wish you much success.

Residents was wonderful
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 1, 2019
The job was ok need to pay more for all the work they want you to do its a stressfull job was lacking alot of help in there and u do more then the position u got hired for what makes it not a good job to stay at for long terms they really do need to pay more money because people do travel so it will help they can also have better food for residents because all the money that they pay to be there they should be eating a lil better then they are
Pros
Yes u do get to eat for free
Cons
Breaks coukd be longer

Dear Former Dietary Aide,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews to help us improve on our services and work environment.

Noncaring, low motivation, poor management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Springhills, CherryhillJanuary 26, 2019
Would be a nice place to work if management treated everyone fairly. In your face clear cut favoritisum an their favorites are the worst employees. And they could hire better employees that really love an care for the residents. And also work as a team and respect one another. All depends on who you are the rules are different no set rules. Training for new staff could be 💯 percent better if the ones that's training knew how to. It's all about the dollar. Shame on them.
Pros
Cons
Noncaring

Dear Caregiver,
Thank you for the time you took to leave us a review. We do appreciate your feedback so we can discuss improvements that can be made.

Poor management
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 5, 2018
Do not work here! ED and DRC are unprofessional and do not care about the residents. Residents do not receive good care. Employees are not appreciated, they are bullied into doing the work for the ED and DRC. ED makes employees use their own money for supplies.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management

Dear Former Business Office Manager,
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate all feedback so we can continue to make improvements.

good company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 27, 2018
good company love working for Spring Hills staff is polite and enjoy working for the company. I enjoy the residents. I recommend Spring Hills a good place to be a team member.
Pros
free lunch, hours of overtime
Cons
breaks
June 24, 2019

Dear HHA,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your dedication and support!

My review is short, but to the point.
Front Desk Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08034August 2, 2018
I loved my position at Spring Hills Assisted Living. I was the Front Desk Concierge. The reason I loved this position was the actual job. I loved helping the Residents. I always felt good when I got to
work.

The actual duties kept me very busy and changed during the day.
I liked having many different tasks during my work shift.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
low wage, zero benefits
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. We will review your comments with the team.

I Don't Think Corporate Cares
Previous Nursing Department (Former Employee) –  Alexandria VA:June 14, 2018
I use to work at Spring Hill Alexandria VA, The employees there are mistreated. Don't call to make a complaint the Corporate office don't do anything. They really don't care about staff or the residents it's about nothing but money for them. They don't offer nothing for the employes they don't even have 401K for the employees the health insurance terrible.This place only really care about the money they make. The poor residents are treated terrible. I use to be employed there. I just can't believe this place still up and running, That people take they love ones there. And the way staff are treated. Its nothing nice about this facility. I have been told the Coorperation don't do nothing when called but allow the mess to continue. As long as they get paid. Staff and residents don't matter and it's been proven. They come and answer after you write a complaint and nothing ever done.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Treatment of staff
July 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We appreciate your feedback and will investigate this further.

youre on your own
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 22, 2018
they should do undercover boss at the cherry hill location. no support from management. all about keeping the census up. it's ashame because it's truly a nice place but it's all about the census there
June 18, 2018

Dear LPN,
Thank you for your feedback. All reviews are important to us. We are sad to hear about the lack of support and will discuss this with the local team as we are aspire to exceed the expectations of our residents and our fellow associates.

Enjoyable place to work at
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 11, 2018
Hours are good and the flexibility of scheduling is appealing. The teamwork is phenomenal, but the staff is under appreciated and valued by management.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. All feedback is important to us. We will review this with the team.

Low Class Community/Upper Management
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 7, 2018
Just a terrible place to work spring hill alexandria va... Management so unprofessional no words how the Nurses are treated no one stays cooporate don't look at the big picture..Its all covered up ....They leave because how you're treated... How many nurses have been there ...I thought I would stay long didn't happen ....It look nice on the outside not a nice place to work when you get inside...
Pros
Nurses
Cons
Upper Management
April 9, 2018

Dear Former Employee,
Thank you for expressing yourself and giving us feedback. We are disappointed that your experience was less than stellar. We will look into this further as it is our goal for associates to feel appreciated and part of a positive work environment.

Springhills Home Care Services Is the worst job I’ve ever had
Staffing Coordinator/Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2018
This place is horrible to work due to the level of stress you’ll have from staff and upper management. There is no room for advancement, low salary, work place bullying, and long hours that you are not compensated for. Please reconsider taking employment here because you will regret it after meeting everyone in their office and not being able to feel secure in your position.
Pros
Very hardworking and pleasant Caregivers
Cons
Management is terrible and when your paid there will always be problems on your check.
February 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you had a better experience with our organization. We do our best to provide our associates with the tools and guidance to be successful in their position. We would like to hear more about your concern as many associates have been with us for over 10 years and have been promoted within our company. Please feel free to contact our Resident, Family & Associate Concern line at 888-205-8401.

Disrespectful management
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 31, 2018
The DON is rude and condescending. She yells at staff and treats staff like they are less than. She yells at staff in front of other staff. I wouldn't recommend this place to quality nurses. Go where you are respected!!
February 27, 2018

Thank you for the time you left to leave a review. We will investigate your claims as all feedback is important to us. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact our Resident, Family & Associate concern line at 888-205-8401.

Spring Hills is a great place to work!
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 31, 2018
I have been working for Spring Hills for 10 years and really enjoy working here. We have great mission statement and it is know, owned and supported by all! The management is always approachable and always welcoming new ideas giving opportunity to be a part of anything.
Pros
Friendly workplace, Management supprts staff
Cons
None at this time
February 27, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spring Hills Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.