Spring Hills Senior Communities logo

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

A great team

I was hired during COVID. I went back to work after caring for my daughter for two years until her death. The entire team is supportive and try to work hard under impossible circumstances. I truly cannot wait to see how far I will go.

Pros

Great team, the residents

Cons

Full staffing is difficult at this time due to people not wanting to work in Healthcare

No bosses

Too much work for assisted living . Heavy med pass . No breaks . Constantly on your feet . Lots of falls . Lots of long term care candidates .not what I expected from an assisted living environment .

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

No support

Worst job i ever had in my life

They don’t care for the workers. I worked here three years and got threat terribly they run through workers like crazy you’ll never see the same face for too long.

Love my job!

We have a strong team who truly care about the residents and each other. We are extremely busy but work together to make sure we take care of the residents we love!

Pros

Strong Executive Director who offers guidance and support; beautiful facility; good benefits; etc.

If you want to work a lot of hours you can.

Greedy, unprofessional company that doesn't care about residents or employees. It's all about money. Very poor benefits, every single person in management was lazy and incompetent. The poorest communication I have ever seen in any company, and completely disorganized in training and scheduling. Watch your paycheck, they will steal your overtime!

Pros

Love the residents!!!

Cons

It's depressing to see needs and not be able to do anything about it.

Trash

Garbage horrible terrible horrific non supportive worst company worked you to death underpaid no training treat people bad racist no advancements Don’t work there!!!!!

Breath of fresh air!

This community is alive again as Spring Hills has arrived to manage operations and direction of this formerly underrated assisted living community. Now a great feel. Longevity. Great work/home life balance.

Pros

Autonomy to be yourself and add your gifts, personality, flair to the job you love to do.

Great place to work.

Clean, beautiful, great residents and staff. Everyone works together as a team to get things done. Convenient location. Very caring staff, employee happiness is important to company.

May 20, 2020
Dear Nurse,Thank you so much for your dedication to caring for our residents. We appreciate your support and the time you took to leave us a positive review.

Horrible

This is the worst nursing job I've ever had. Management is terrible and only concerned about filling beds. This is supposed to be an assisted living but they take anyone, appropriate or not. The director of nursing is completely incompetent. It's scary. Staffing is dangerously low and management clearly doesn't care. This is a great place to lose your nursing license.

April 3, 2020
Dear LPN,We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed in your experience. Please email us at info@spring-hills.net so we can learn more.

Beware

You should be very careful of those you talk to there. Very shady management. They keep terrible staff, which makes the “good” staff feel unappreciated, overworked and wanting to leave. There is definitely no work life balance! Constantly being short staffed causes those that really, truly, care about the residents, to feel obligated in working doubles, extra shifts and all staff gets is a $25 bonus

March 9, 2020
Dear Employee,Thank you for the time you took to leave us a review. We are interested in your experience. Please call me at 732.259.6841 so we can investigate your concerns.

Jobs at Spring Hills Senior Communities

See more jobs

fun workplace

I am a waitress to the elderly. I provide them with good customer care service and I make sure that they are eating well.They are always happy to see me.

March 9, 2020
Dear Dining Services Captain,Thank you for leaving us a positive review. We are pleased you that you enjoy your position. Thank you for Caring with a Commitment to Quality!

Horrible place to work

High resident assignments with abusive management and bullying. Both CNA and LPN positions are under staffed causing us to work ourselves to death and management doesn't care. My boss the Director of Resident Care is an LPN who yells at everyone and others in management are either afraid of her or don't like her. It's inappropriate management doesn't care about that. It's all about the money not the people who love there or the care they do or do not gst.

March 9, 2020
Dear Caregiver/CNA,Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened by your experience. Please call me at 732.259.6841 so we can investigate this further.

Spring hills unprofessional place

There unprofessional wen hiring there r favoritisms at this job also a lot of family are suing the company for abuse they also cover up a lot of things when family ask about there love ones

March 9, 2020
Dear Certified Home Health Aide,Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will investigate this further. Please call me at 732.259.6841 so I can learn more about your concerns.

Good opportunity for beginners as caregiver

Working as a caregiver must consider the tender, love and care for elderly. You should treat them like part of your family. Being my first experience in this job, I should say that I learned a lot taking care and assisting the elders from bathing, grooming, cooking/meal preparation of food, taking medicine as scheduled and doing laundry.

September 30, 2019
Dear Caregiver,Thank you so much for your positive review and sharing your experience. We appreciate your dedication to Caring with a Commitment to Quality!

Easy work

I mainly worked out of nursing homes but only one particular Brookdale. It was a fun opportunity to always be at that place. Those were the best times of my life.

Pros

Not bad drive

Cons

No insurance

August 26, 2019
Dear CNA,Thank you for leaving us a 5 Star Review. We appreciate your support of Spring Hills!

Great, but beware cliques and favoritism

I was so happy working for this company until I noticed a lot of sneakiness in regards to co-workers and management. It's almost like working in a big highschool! Would not recommend to anyone who would like to keep their sanity.

August 26, 2019
Dear Receptionist,Thank you so much for your feedback. We will work with the local team to make it a more welcoming environment.

Don’t bother

Easiest job to have but the stress from the co workers and manager isn’t worth it. The manager of the kitchen didn’t have it together. She lied a lot, blamed the manager of the building on everything. Hired people who had no idea how to cook. The co workers who have been there for years would try to intimidate the newer coworkers about being “replaced.” The pay is so low and they expect so much from you. I was there for 8 months and I wish I would have left 5 months ago.

August 26, 2019
Dear Cook - Thank you for your feedback. We will work with the community to make it a more welcoming environment.

Great place to work, not easy but satisfying

After 12 years of employment I have to say they invest in their employees. There is a system in place to address all grievances and generally this works well.

July 22, 2019
Dear Director of Environmental Services,Thank you so much for your dedication, feedback and positive review. We appreciate your positive review!

Great work environment

staff are pleasant and respectful to one another for the most part. Free meals are great. Advancement opportunities are slim. Great job for part time work while going to school or having two jobs. They work with your schedule.

July 22, 2019
Dear LPN Supervisor,Thank you so much for your dedication and support. We appreciate your positive feedback!

I love my job

As a nurse I love my job I have learned so much and have great people I work with . Like any job it's what you make of it , I come in with a positive attitude and enjoy my hours at work being with the residents and learning about their past and what they have done in their youth for example I mentioned I have never been on a train .. oh goodness what amazing stories I heard from residents and the times they thehad been on a train

July 22, 2019
Dear Nurse,Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for the 5 Star Review. We appreciate your positive support!

Great for learning life skills

It is an absolutely wonderful temporary job. There are so many great people to meet, and skills to learn. If you want part time work it’s perfect. They are very flexible with scheduling.

Pros

You get to work with sweet elderly people

Cons

Most departments are very, very poorly managed.

July 22, 2019
Dear Maintenance Technician,Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spring Hills Senior Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question