Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

training
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2018
Not given the proper training needed for new positions. Expected to just go and do without being given the proper tools needed to succeed. Unable to establish work/life balance.
Team Members working together made it all work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2018
The team members throughout the hospital make it work, and take on responsibilities when needed. Team work through all areas of this facility are responsible for all of the daily operations dealing with each other, patients and all of their family members. It is the cohesion of the team members that make this facility what it is today and shall continue to be.
Pros
Good Compensation for hours worked through PTO Days
Cons
Major Systems for Proper Execution of Daily Objectives Lacking
Student Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118November 13, 2018
First and Second Scrub Roles Under Certified Surgical Technologists, First Assists, Circulators, Anesthesiologists, and Surgeons. Performed First and Second Scrub Roles in General, Trauma, Neurology, Orthopedic, Plastics, OB/GYN, Urology, Laparoscopic, Robotic, Labor and Delivery Surgeries. Sterile Processing and Decontamination.
Great co-workers, Bad Management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Medical-Surgical FloorNovember 8, 2018
The people you work with in the nursing dept. are definitely team players. It's just bad how nurses don't get promoted to advancing careers or position based on skill and how well they do their job, it's more on whether or not they have a "good" relationship with management. Bad culture, but provides for a lot of opportunity to learn as well.
Registered Nurse ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2018
I love working at Spring Valley hospital because of the friendly work environment and the many opportunities to learn. I recommend this hospital to anyone because of their exceptional patient care.
All Talk, no backing it up
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2018
Same old same old with hospital. Claim to care, really don't and work/life balance is a joke. The CEO even admitted that there is a problem with employee retention at this hospital, more than any of the other Valley Health hospitals. That's sad. They don't seem to care enough to fix it.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
They tried to lowball me on salary and fake people.
Productive work place
Registered Nurse/Surgical Orthopedic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2018
They work around your schedule and most employees are team players and willing to help and answer questions. A good work environment that allows yo to move up
Pros
scheduling
Cons
management can be difficult at times
Spring valley is a loving , caring place that put their patients first
Evs lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2018
As long as people communicate with one another and respect one another this place will go far . I learned that working here when it’s time to team up and take care of our patients we never failed .
Pros
Willing to be flexible with your schedule, a place of
Cons
The pay could be better more equipment for us to use
Proper equipment not adequate staff needed for the amount of cases.
Sterile Processing tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 6, 2018
Spring Valley definitely needs more staff. They used Belimed equipment which was easy to use and operate. For the amount of cases they do. They have the proper equipment, but not the staff or proper work station. But they were working on it to change.
The worst work environment
RN/Staff OR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2018
Management is unsupportive and ineffective. There is no appreciation and employees are not valued as human beings. Human Resources team supports only management.
teamwork
RT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2018
co-workers are easy to get along and pleasant to work with
people tend to help each other except for a few people
management is favoring other people especially with regards to promotion
Pros
team work
Cons
favoritism among management
Did not work here long enought to review
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
I did not work here long enough to make a review. I only made rounds here during clinical rotations. It was a great learning environment though. Everyone was always willing to teach.
Fun place to be and love my co workers
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
My first job as a respiratory therapist. Will never leave here unless I have to. They work with you with scheduling which is important to me with my busy family. They support you in new career opportunities and it's a fun environment.
Greet people to work with
Externship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2018
They were more than willing to help and train me and assist me with my questions and learning experience.I enjoyed the fast pace working enviroment, skills I learned to further my job search.
Terrible place to work
Former RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2018
This place was terrible. Constantly getting asked to do unsafe practices. The charge nurses are all buddies with the director, so if you have an issue with one of them good luck. One charge nurse is constantly harassing and bullying the nurses she doesn't like but nothing gets done because they are best friends with the director. If you go to HR they try to make it seem like you are lying or made up the harassment. They do not care about their nurses all they care about is money.
Amazing and a fun place to work at
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
Allowed me to grow as a real RN. Skills advancement. Helpful staff. good communication and team. people are all patient-focused. very flexible in terms of schedule and advancement.
messes with hours when census is low
Postpartum RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2018
All I can say is you better have enough PTO saved up for when the census is low otherwise you won't be able to pay your bills. I was called off more times than I worked in a two week period.
Diversity , schedule flexibility and great PTO
Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2018
I have worked for SVH for over a year as a cook , i started per diem waiting for a chance to jump to full time, I only had to wait like 6 months for it , i like the job it's a good work environment obviously you have to be a nice person , you have to give the best of you to get what you want ( DAY OFF , PTO ,ETC) of course like any other job. cultural and race diversity is a plus so you will be not discriminated by race or gender, employment benefits are good too , specially PTO like 90 hrs a year, schedule flexibility is good they will try to accommodate you if they can , paid is good, you will get raises every year depending on your yearly basis work performance .
Pros
Diversity, flexibility, good benefits
Cons
Lower wages compared to other hospitals
Favortism and unsafe practice
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2018
The Emergency room culture is cutthroat, the management plays favorites and will fire you if you're not on their good side. Consistently asked to work in unsafe conditions, placing patients at risk.
For the most part an excellent place to work
IMCU Nurse/Cardiac Cath Lab Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 20, 2018
Cath lab is a stressful place to work and quite busy but I loved it. The environment there is most often friendly and gets along quite well. The hardest part is the call shifts. It is 12 or more days a month and you often get called in. This provides for very little in the way of work/life balance. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Taking care of my patients and watching them get better. Hardest part of the job is the necessary paperwork, however, that usually applies to most nursing jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center Reviews by Location