Springborn Staffing

Springborn Staffing Employee Reviews

Job locations
Never had permanent jobs available but the temp ones were decent for that time. The office were always available and assisted when someone you worked with was out for the day.
No Advocacy for thier employees
This company will not advocate for its employees. When you approch them with an on the job issue it is ignored and your just fired. Granted its a temp agency and at will but there should be some discussion prior to just firing. Then they will not work with you at all regaurdless of what actually happened! Very unprofessional unreliable. Id suggest to Hold out of a direct hire.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Waste of time
Great company
easy hiring process, great jobs, helpful staff! Staff called me one week and offered me the position within the next week. easy process, dream job!
This is a temp employment agency
This is a temporary employment agency, and the client was a state agency in Maine (Dept. of Labor) in Augusta, ME. Therefore there was a drug test involved. No problem there. I worked in the Bureau of Unemployment Compensation, Mail Room. Was very easy to do, all coworkers were easy to work with.
Pros
Easy to work for
Best Staffing Agency I ever worked for
I have worked for 7 different staffing agencies over the course of my work life of 25 years. I have had varying experiences at all, from terrible to fantastic, sometimes in the same company. That said, I have worked for Springborn Staffing twice, once in the late 90's - early 2000's, and again from 2006 - 2009, and I can say with no reservations that both experiences were completely positive. Great staff, great assignments, no attitude. They never messed up an assignment or misrepresented an assignment, which has happened several times at other agencies. Of course, they are a temp agency, so the insurance is non-existant, the work is not reliable, and you don't get holiday pay, but that's just the nature of temp work. Overall, a great place to work for.
Pros
Very responsible, pleasant to work with, best agency I ever worked for
Cons
Temp agency, so no insurance, holiday pay, and you can't count on set amount of work
Excellent
I love the ability to work jobs temporarily in my pursuit of work but also being able to combine it with my own home-based business.
Pros
Flexible
Management was great, the benefits disappeared over time
The owner of the company is a wonderful woman. Her employees, who did stay for longer terms than most temp agencies, were stellar and dedicated. Once the company merged with another, the management quality deteriorated, and it appeared that older, more stable employees' needs were secondary to the company's need to continually generate higher revenue. Also, I was continuously told that "because of the crash of 2008", when my initial assignment began, the employer "just couldn't afford to hire" someone with my skill set.

Since I have been the caretaker for my disabled husband for many years, I didn't have the luxury of taking "time off" to look for another job. Since I have a busy life, a mom who lives out of state whose health is deteriorating, and have also started a business to market my husband's two self published novels, I have little time to waste with employers who promise the world, but just can't seem to deliver.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No benefits, 4 paid days of vacation per year, which used to be 8 paid days!
Good Agency
Springborn has placed me at several businesses. The positions with all of the companies I was placed with were friendly, accomodating, and easy positions.
Great people to work with
I worked a 7 hour, 4 days a week. Learned a different computer system. Great co-workers and very friendly. The hardest part was learning the computer program but caught on after 1/2 a day training. Got free cookies.
Pros
not too far from my home. very friendly enviroment.
Cons
it was only a temperary job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springborn Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3