Springfield Clinic Employee Reviews

Springfield clinic is a great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 22, 2019
Not a lot of room for growth without the necessary credentials. Reviews are set in stone even if you don't agree with them. Your review and how your manager feels about you reflects directly to your raises, you only get them yearly.
Cons
short breaks
Call Center Rep./Certified Medical Asst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILApril 1, 2019
I have really enjoyed working with Springfield Clinic because they treat me like a person and encourage balanced work and personal lives. All the managers I’ve had were honest, supportive, and upheld high, but realistic, performance expectations.
Pros
Hour lunches, good pay, good benefits
Productive Pulmonary Department
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 20, 2019
Pulmonary is very busy and the patients need our care more than ever. Good place to work to help our chronic patients. Given the time, they offer opportunity to grow and learn.
Cons
Stress environment
Management was a joke
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Main campusMarch 19, 2019
Manager plays favorites, no explanation as to why things were done, constant change, expectations were never clear, stressful environment, manager of my department is COMPLETELY unqualified and under educated for her position, the manager brings the stress to the department by her demeanor and approach to situations
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMarch 17, 2019
This company is a great place to work for, but could use a little bit of help and work with communication.
Management is full of great people who are easy to talk to when you have a problem with something going on in the clinic or even going on in your personal life.
pretty good
Lab Assistant II, Traveler (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 9, 2019
i was a ipt lab assistant and loved it there. good compensation and decent benefit and very flexible hours. id definitely recommend the Springfield clinic
Pros
pay/scheduling
Cons
wacky training/ unreliable management
Training process was insufficient which in turn reflected negatively on new employees
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 8, 2019
depending on clinic assigned to almost daily extensive traveling was required and when the travel time ecceeded clinic time it turned into a not so enjoyable job.
Pros
Patient contact
Cons
extensive traveling
It’s not a bad place to work and the company is progressing
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 8, 2018
I do believe that it is limited opportunities for growth at Springfield clinic. They hire from within for most of their positions so even though jobs are posted rarely are outside candidates are chosen for non clinical positions.
Pros
The benefits for longevity
Cons
No growth for education
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 1, 2018
Was not adequately trained before working on my own.
I learned how to sterilize medical instruments. The hardest part was dealing with management. I liked working with the patients the best.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Management needs to be coached.
Not a fun place to work.
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Too many changes throughout the years and all about the mighty dollar. Nurse and CMA are not appreciated enough and they work their butts off for little pay.
Pros
You get breaks
Cons
Management is horrible to many in upper management
Going through a lot of change
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 6, 2018
The culture at Springfield Clinic has changed dramatically over the past few years. High level managers are dismissed on a frequent basis and long term staff do not feel valued. New employees are now being offered great starting rates to come in, but at the expense of those who have stuck with the organization through thick and thin. Some of the changes taking place are promising, but certain departments are not promoting from within which leaves no opportunity for growth. There is also poor communication between departments.
Patient Care
Lab Assistant 3 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL 62703August 17, 2018
If you like working with people than this is the place for you! The doctor's are like all - you have good ones and you have great ones. I learned that the more you give of yourself the less you get from them because the more you know you become invaluable to them elsewhere.
Pros
Staffing, Patients
Cons
management, salary
Interesting & challenging work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  WabashAugust 10, 2018
The work is very interesting and rewarding from the standpoint of being able to help patients. The centralized training was top notch. Localized/department training and procedures need improvement. Procedures seemed to change with little or no notice and vary significantly from doctor to doctor depending on nursing staff proficiency and desires.
very political workplace
Registered nurse - Family Medicine (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 8, 2018
management needs work. i love working with the team i work with but there is a lot of workplace drama. company would benefit from onsite daycare for employees. over all a decent place to work
Great atmosphere to work at
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 6, 2018
I started out in the records dept pulling and making charts for patients. I worked with a great team. I liked the Doctors we worked for and they treated us with the utmost respect. We had annual Christmas parties, luncheons and were appreciated from not only our direct boss, the director of the clinic but also the Doctor's we worked for. There were always opportunities for advancing within the company. I stayed in records for almost a year and then chose to apply for a CSR position. I moved to a different building and started training on incoming calls about billing. I liked it very much. In late 2006 I started my divorce and it was a very ugly divorce. Ultimately it cost me my position.
Challenging
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 26, 2018
Very challenging place to work. However very educational and fulfilling. The employees treat each other as family,especially the providers.
Management is very understanding and personable. Family oriented organization.
Ready for a change
Receptionist / TC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 26, 2018
I worked in several different departments and enjoyed each one but I was as far as I could go without a degree. The money was ok but after 12 years I was making less than start pay at BCBS.
Employees.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 26, 2018
The place treats you as you’re a number and not a person. We are treated like garbage, like any one can be replaced in an instant, I’m a single mother and there are certain things other people can’t do for my children and I’m made to feel bad for needing a day off for an appointment.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
30 minute lunches, horrible time accrual system
Fast paced but I enjoy it.
Patient Access Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Springfield clinic main campus WestJune 6, 2018
Springfield Clinic has many satellite offices in the area. I feel secure in my job and in my continued employment here. I just need something closer to home.
Pros
great benefits and co workers
Fast-Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 18, 2018
A typical day in the call center is busy. There is a lot to remember to say & do outside of taking care of the call itself. Co-workers are friendly & supportive.
Pros
Workday goes fast
Cons
Micro-management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springfield Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight