Springfield College Employee Reviews

Nice place
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 10, 2018
I think the interview went well and when I saw the college was very clean and the staff is very friendly nice place to work.I have been working there for over 5 years and my co workers are great they are always will to lend a helping hand.we have 3 supervisors and they are all very nice.There is a third shift and the guys are very nice we only see them when they co on days in the summer.The only down fault is the job don't pay well.We used to get alot of over time but with the budget cuts well that went away.But it a great place to work.
Cons
Healthcare
This was a contracted position.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 21, 2018
I loved the interaction I had with the students and I still have "long distance relationships" with many of my former students. I also experienced a great working relationship with the other professional individuals that taught at Springfield. I ended my teaching career with the Inglewood campus relocated to Orange County. The campus director was wonderful!
Opportunities for Growth but no Security
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 28, 2018
I worked as an adjunct for Springfield College for 10 years and enjoyed the opportunity to grow as a professional. I was given much autonomy in constructing classes and in developing my own teaching portfolio. However, classes are assigned on an "as needed" basis, so there is no real security. After 10 years, there was still not chance for me to obtain a full time position.
Pros
Ability to work on-line; chance to teach classes outside your speciality
Cons
Communication is lax; classes are cancelled with no notice
Great Environment
(New Student Orientation) Leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 16, 2018
Springfield College, has a special feeling to those attending the undergraduate and graduate programs and as well as the staff. Teamwork and appreciation for others runs high in the work environment.
Workplace for resident assistants
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 10, 2018
Resident assistant for first year students in a freshman dorm. Hard work every day and night. Documentation daily. Patience is needed. Worth it if you can handle the stress.
nice place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed teaching; I was given many opportunities to teach various classes.. The College Director, believed in me and mentor me through my teaching career in the college. He was always there as a support. The school was structured and organized.. We were a family.
Pros
structure
Cons
adjunct faculty was not included in staff meetings.
Worked in a a room full of phone booths
Phone-a-thon Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 10, 2018
Fun , relaxed, easy job of calling alumni and parents of current students to update information and ask for donations to the springfield college fund.
Worked in a team atomosphere.
Project Additional Staff (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Springfield College. Everyone worked together. Got to meet new individuals. Improved skills in my job responsibilities. Due to budget I was not able to continue.
Pros
at times free lunches
this is useless
Instructor, First Year Seminar SPCO 110 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 11, 2018
i hate this
i hate your site
i hate this process
you have NO credibility
this is beyond asinine
these were not even jobs
graduate positions are not jobs
why wouldn't you let me enter some in
Good
Tutor, Note taker and scribe (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612January 10, 2018
This was a parttime job that I chose to do to help a friend that was blind. I created my own position due to being the only person to have ever done this in this school.
Pros
free time
Cons
bad pay
I enjoyed this place
Assistant Project Archivist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 17, 2017
I excelled at this job and found it to be very rewarding. I learned ContentDM and processed a number of collections. I had a fantastic boss who understood the profession and my abilities and used them effectively.
Pros
Great management
Cons
They don't understand the value of the archives.
Work Place
Intern- Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 6, 2017
As a graduate assistant I really enjoyed my time at Springfield, I was offered alot of opportunity and was able to feel as though I was part of the team even though my position was only for 1 academic year.
There were no promotional opportunities
Student Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2017
The position at Springfield College was temporary and provide me with an opportunity to relate to students and help the college out. Working with the staff of Springfield had it's rewards.
Pros
Evenings and weekend hours.
Cons
Took breaks when opportunity made it available.
Productive and rewarding
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 26, 2017
I was able to work closely with the students at Springfield College which I found extremely rewarding. This was a fast paced job where you constantly kept busy and had a task to complete.
Fun
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 6, 2017
I got to work sporting events and sports are a big part of my life. I learned that if you make work fun it can be. It is really all about how you make it not about anything esle.
Productive and supportive work envirronment
Adjunct Instructor, Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE and onlineAugust 20, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working as an adjunct on-campus and as an online instructor. Focus is on providing undergraduate and graduate degrees to adult learners who have been out of school 10-40 years. The college provided strong academic success support and every campus had a Resource Specialist to assist students and instructors.
Work place enviroment
Reception Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 14, 2017
Work place has balance of job work and life balance. Management is professional and has open door policy in which you can speak to them about anything. Everyone works as a team and everyone is there to pitch in whenever and wherever needed.
Pros
paid health care, dental, 401K, paid vacation and personal days, supportive management
Community Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2017
I worked at night, so it was pretty quiet, I learned radio proceedures, work place was calm sometimes, it is a College where sometimes the students would get drunk and rowdy, the hardest part of my job was dealing with biligerant students, but what I enjoyed most was getting to know all the students in the dormitory I was assigned to.
Pros
well behaved students
Cons
biligerant students
numerous activities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 28, 2017
typically working over night you will engage with student from a number of backgrounds. There were always events on campus that employees could participate in. The most enjoyable part would be the hoop hall classics, and the end of the year concerts.
No longer a fun place to work.
Pion (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 23, 2017
I' have been there over a decade and things have changed a great deal. I used to love to go to work but now can not stand it, Too many changes were put into place since the new administration has taken over. Termination have hit new highs and people leaving on their own is on the increase. I would avoid recommending working here at all cost.
Pros
Free college education
Cons
Everything else.

Comment – June 6, 2017

They have zero tolerance towards the health and well being of their employees. Your only a number!