Springfield Housing Authority Employee Reviews

program rep
Re-certification Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 5, 2018
I loved working at the housing authority, it was a great job where I could help people, meet people learn about different jobs through out the company
Work there if you cant work, anywhere else
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 2, 2018
I worked for the Springfield Housing Authority in Springfield, IL.
The receptionist is the Director's relative and he was a pervert. He sexually harassed me on a regular basis.
undetermined
Family Self Sufficiency Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 4, 2018
It is a good place to work because it allows you to help people who truly need help. I enjoyed working with the people on my caseload and the work that I was able to do with them and the services we provided
Pros
Opportunity to make a difference
Cons
Poor leadership
Terrible job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 2, 2018
The sergeant was a moron, the people you work with are low-lives and criminals, the pay is dirt, the uniforms are stupid, the policies are dangerous and unenforceable.
Pros
No pros. At all.
Cons
All cons.
Great benefits
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MA 01107April 20, 2018
Very detail oriented job. Need to know how to continuously multi-task and interact with the public and how to manage the caseload you are assigned to.
Productive but very challenging
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 5, 2018
This job was productive but overall a highly stressful position. On average, we worked 8 hour days but due to being assigned over 200 clients per program specialist and not being able to keep up with the demand of the organization, we often had to work extra hours on Saturdays. This job was highly stressful due to having to attend clients via phone, appointments and walk-ins. I also had to qualify, re-qualify and disqualify clients based on changes in their financial history, etc.
Pros
Learned a great deal of interpersonal skills, despite much disrespect and negativity towards me on behalf of many clients.
Cons
The backing of management wasn't quite the support needed from an organization of this magnitude.
Maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 17, 2017
It can be fun at times and it can be stressful depending on what is needed to be done llike cutting the grass and cleaning the hall ways along with the stairs and cleaning out empty apartments ect..
Pros
It can be fun if you let be
Cons
Dealing with rude tennents that live in the apartment building
Great and interesting employment opportunity.
Public Housing Family Self-sufficiency Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 14, 2017
SHA is a great place to work. My supervisor was highly professional. The projects were very fun and interesting. Working with the SHA residents was rewarding.
what I learned
CLERK, DEPARTMENT OF RENT COLLECTION (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 12, 2017
I learned a lot from working for Springfield Housing Authority. Working with an array of people, from employees to the tenants that we housed. I have excellent customer service skills which helped me in this job
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
no room for advancement
Very Interactive, Productive and Fun Job
Talk/Read/Succeed! Program, Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 7, 2017
Constantly worked with Outreach in targeted communities, going door to door, making telephone calls and sending emails. Worked one on one with families establishing and trying to reach goals.
Pros
Great co-workers, holistic approach towards families and community
Cons
Some days had very long hours.
Focused on Education
Talk/Read/Succeed! Program, Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 5, 2017
Through the program created by Kellogg's grant and Springfield Housing I was able to learn how to work in a holistic point of view. Not only creating and providing programs and workshops for children but creating, developing and monitoring programs for the whole family. I also created an amazing opportunity for me to work directly with local agencies and providers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
High pace job
Springfield Housing Authority
Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work. Exceptional staff and great office moral. I would recommend this place. A typical work day involved working on special projects, making multiple copies, and filing/organizational matters.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Set schedule
good career choice,great benefits
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 6, 2017
work is monday-friday,weekends and holidays off,management is very understanding of everyday issues a person may have,it is also a great atmosphere to work in and great benefits
Pros
benefits and work schedule
Cons
it was a amzing place to work
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 13, 2017
I got along with everyone I worked with. I enjoy the management cause they loved people just like I did. I was very close to the people that resided there.
Pros
i loved doing my job, and it gave me a chance to meet alot of great people.
Productive work place
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day for me consisted of a little bit of everything. My Boss trained me in everything she thought i needed to know. I loved the fact that we wasn't just my boss she is the true definition of a leader.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Very fast past and busy.
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoy fast past opportunities, the office setting is a very accomplished feeling. I am a people person so working with people all day long is satisfying.
Nice place to work
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 30, 2015
Completed intakes, assist in families becoming self sufficient. Contact resources for families and connect the two. Assist in events. My co-workers were good. Hardest part of the job is to see families leave the program due to termination. The most enjoyable was to see a family accomplish their task.
Pros
Really great benefits
Cons
Too many people on one case load due to being short-handed
spfld housing
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 15, 2015
please see last review that i rated for the comany. I took applications for people looking for home that were based on thier income
Pros
people
Cons
managers
Excellent work place lead by an exceptional Executive Director
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 5, 2014
A wonderful, family environment lead by strong, educated & talented Director's.
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare costs (typical across the US)
Happy
CLERK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 6, 2014
Enjoyed the work and the people I worked with and helped. Assisting the homeless and the elderly.