Responsible for assisting camp director in all areas of need, including supervision of camp counselors and campers, maintaining camp records, and establishing good rapport with parents. Solely responsible for planning camp activities.
• Communicate with campers’ families on a daily basis (with any issues also)
• Plan daily activities
• Set up field trips and guest speakers
• Record keeping, i.e., attendance, medication sheets, campers’ files and payroll
• Write communication to families, i.e., newsletters, correspondence of upcoming events or any notices.
• Maintain inventory levels of supplies including purchases
• Keep financial records (weekly camp fees and lunch fees)
• Staffing, i.e. arranging for substitute counselors
The hardest part of the job was making sure the activities worked out okay. The best part of the job was just being able to be outside and get to hang out with kids all day.