Springfield Public Schools Employee Review

View all Springfield Public Schools reviews

Stressful
Work directly under the supervision of the teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 9, 2013
One word...Corrupt...5 schools are level four, so they call them forward 5 because they are going to become a level 5 school, when that happens, everyone loses their job and the state takes over. Don't count on administration helping you in any way, they are busy chasing kids down the hallways.

Other Springfield Public Schools Employee Reviews

great place to work with awesome coworkers and boss
LPN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65802April 11, 2018
I loved my time at SPS. The best job I've ever had!! Just doesn't pay very well, but great benefits and time off. I loved the students, coworkers, teachers, and principal at my school. Awesome place to work.
Pros
very rewarding work, lots of time off, good hours
Cons
low pay, no advancement
Fun and diverse work days
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2018
Working with kids at Springfield Public Schools has its ups and downs. Being able to teach children is amazing, however, there are days when the kids can be defiant. The pay for paraprofessionals is way to low. It is very difficult to live off of that pay alone. You would definitely need a second job to be able to afford to live. The teachers at SPS are friendly and welcoming. I see support within staff members daily.
Pros
summers off
Cons
Low pay