Springs Fabrication Employee Reviews

very poorly managed
machinist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 12, 2019
bad management, always strugging,bad work environment, too many people get lost in the shuffle and busting your tail gets you nowhere..........................
Springs Fabrication has a nice culture and great workers, but struggles to manage employee time effectively.
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 1, 2019
Springs Fabrication has a chill work atmosphere and flexible scheduling. As long as you get your work done, no one minds when you show up or leave. However the company has outdated business practices and must modernize or they will struggle to compete with new competitors in the industry
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, competitive pay, chill atmosphere, straightforward work
Cons
So-so benefits, poor resource management, outdated business pratices.
Terrible company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2019
Hury hury get it done so i can get paid and then lay you off, that is this owners mindset , by far the worst company ive ever worked for. Zero job security, and zero room for advancement, and never get a raise. In no way will i recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Financial Troubles
Senior Manufacturing Engineer / Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, USDecember 15, 2018
Long hours and salaried personal receive no compensation for overtime. Management is OK most of the time. The people that you work with are great. You never know if you will have a job from week to week.
Pretty Laid Back on 2nd Shift
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 7, 2018
Was very easy to get along with every one. Felt like our department was like a team and we all worked and helped each other succeed.
It was a dirty and dangerous place to work. Pay should be more for the danger and health conditions.
Good company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2018
Good company but I was a temp contract. Would have loved to been hired on permanently. I lived 10 mins from the job. And the hours were perfect for when to go get my children.
Pros
Off at 230
Cons
Coming in early
constant lay-offs
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 7, 2018
company regularly has lay-offs...always hiring, but always having lay-offs during the year...pretty weird how they can have an ad to hire and be laying off as well
Industry leader
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2018
Progressive company with dedicated leadership and strong vision. Appreciated being trusted and given opportunities for professional and personal development.
Unprofessional Enviroment
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 29, 2018
Not a friendly place to work and they do not treat their employees right. A typical day at work is that you will be busy, but depending on who you are is how you will be treated.
Unstable environment with poor management
Material Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2018
Massive ramp ups to be quickly followed by layoffs. Department managers that are only interested in the "not my fault" culture they perpetuate. President that should not walk the floor, as he will yell at nearest person available if he believes he has found an error.
Working with the men who do the work is the most fun part of your day.
Weld Dept. Team Leader/ Weld II Fab III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2017
I worked here for over 11yrs. I worked my way up from a welder I to a team lead and lead the 3rd shift for almost 2yrs. I learned most of what I know about fabrication from fellow employees. SFI has some of the best welders/fabricators but take them for granted. A typical day consists of getting assigned to your task and trying to complete it. It seemed half the time you didn't have parts and more than 75% of the time the jobs hit the floor late, like the day or weeks after they were due. You were expected to make up for the lateness.
The workplace culture is pretty consistent with most of the guys on the floor getting along quite well. They are typically welcoming of new employees. The problem is the floor management. From 2006 till 2017 they've had around 8 or 9 production managers come and go. Each one had their way of doing things which constantly throws everyone for a loop and most not in a good way.
The company says they are family oriented and claims that they care. I've been having a hard time at home with marital problems and have missed quite a few days recently. The HR department said they had my back. I was terminated today after 11yrs of service and loyalty because of it.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, Insurance
Cons
Jobs always late to the floor, seems to be employees fault they are late, no loyalty but expect loyalty
Led a great team of fabricators in building some very challenging products.
Weld Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2016
Used my experience as well of the teams to bring together a well planed build schedule, to meet our customers expectations both in quality and delivery. Mentored younger individuals giving them all the experiences that would aid in there growth development.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Unrealistic Schedules making for a very challenging work force.
productive fast pace, hot work area
Titanium Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 2, 2016
good place to work, people are great work with, management a bit disconnected. The hardest part of the job was being in the hot press shop in the summer hot months, office space old and not in the best of shape , having to share with others on the team, very cramped up. the heating and A/c very poor and building seemed to always have problems with creatures moving in. the work was very challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Pros
good work balance
Cons
small, crowded
Lack of respect for employees and company is mismanaged
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2016
Definitely not a fun place to work. Too many unhappy employees and low morale. Pay scale for experience is too low. Employees are not appreciated for their contributions. Supervisors routinely embarrass employees in the presence of their peers. Management does not give any incentives for work well done and totally ignores Christmas insofar as showing any appreciation. It appears even when an employee is in the right, Supervisors are listened to and employees are not. The work environment could be so much better with the right management.
Pros
Cons
No incentives for employees to do better.
productive work place willing to put out for your pay raise
welder fabricater (Former Employee) –  CODecember 29, 2015
Was one of the best place's I ever worked they invested money to put me through classes for welding that was a win win for both I would get better pay and they could insure that I was trained in the areas they needed me, I like that I was trying new things and cross training in fields that I had not worked before. even after a bad UA the company was willing to pay for a drug treatment and put me back to work in 6 months, this being a 0 tolerance comp says a lot for my ability and there willingness to help me keep the job,
Pros
willingness to help better or educate employee for higher pay or advancment
Cons
long hours ending with a snowy ride home 3am in storms
Good Company
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 17, 2015
A typical day for me was getting the CNC machine ready for the work day. Then getting together with the Boss and Programmer to see what job needs to be run and set up for. I got the material and set up the machine as well as load and edited the program. Finished the job and started over running jobs till shift was done.
Pros
Experience, Knowledge, Good People
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Welder Laborer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs ColoradoJuly 15, 2015
A regular day at work for me is arriving at 4 am getting my stuff together and get started working. Which consisted of me to weld and fabricate pipe.
Pros
Great group of guys to work with
Cons
better pay
They have a good nich in the industry. Work is pretty steady.
Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 3, 2015
They have a slow method of painting their steel because they use conventional spray. You can learn a lot though when it comes to rigging large vessels such as their tanks they fabricate. Interesting work.
My favorite job
Welders Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2015
A lot of really nice people to work with.
It was one of those companies that were more like family than co-workers.
When something bad happens the whole company would get together and throw money in a jar and at the end of the day the manager would take the money and count it and then multiply it by 2 with his own money and give it to the family who lost someone.
It shows that this company cares about each other.
Pros
Good People
Cons
I never got to weld
Hard work long hours
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Colorado springs coloradoAugust 27, 2014
ok pay. no good for beniffits. no job security, expect to be laied off! promotions, no, they will have you train folks that dont know what to do or how to do it and then lay you off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springs Fabrication. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9