Springs Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 8, 2018
fast pace environment and very demanding but such an enjoyable place to work at with friendly customers and workers. Its very busy if you are in the ER but very fun job
Pros
healthcare
Cons
breaks
THIRD SHIFT LABORATORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCSeptember 29, 2017
Although the hospital is a small community hospital, it employs some highly intelligent and competent individuals. I worked at this facility for 17 years and would go back there tomorrow if I were to move back to my home town.
Pros
Great employees and great customer service
Cons
Behind the times. Unwilling to listen.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCSeptember 27, 2017
Lot of things being done wrong. Have tried to get management to do something about fixing the problems. They say they will but nothing is enforced. They say what you want to hear at the time. Important issues dealing with patient safety.
stressful
RN (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCSeptember 7, 2017
This is a great, family friendly environment. Great management. The case load is stressful for a new nurse. There is not a transitional unit. It can be difficult starting out. HR is great though.
Pros
family like staff, caring staff
Cons
stress, decreased breaks
team players and great compensation
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 15, 2017
Springs is a great place to work. The equipment is very user friendly. The staff is also easy to get along with and very happy. I would recommend working here to anyone.
Demanding
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed getting the chance to work in a hospital. The environment was different saw many interesting things. Some employees was nice and helpful. Schedule was some times hectic.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Lots of drama
good job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJune 29, 2017
overall a good place to work. a staff tat truly cares about their patients. also very nice doctors who get along with the nursing staff very well. the nurses are willing to tech someone something if willing to learn.
Radiology and Cardiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJune 8, 2017
Great place out of the way of the big city. Slower pace than most hospitals. Direct line to CEO is possible. Loved working there. Things do move slowly which could be frustrating for fast and forward thinking people. Otherwise, a hidden gem.
Pros
Easier pace than most hospitals
Cons
slow turnover in management slows down promotions
fast paced
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 30, 2017
Very fast paced and 12 hour shifts makes for a long day.Enjoy working with the nurses that I have on my floor.And love being able to help my patients and their families.
Springs Memorial Hospital is a great workplace.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 18, 2017
While working at Springs Memorial Hospital, it was a great way for me to provide for my family and made me feel very comfortable to enjoy working in a quick-paced environment.
Enjoyed co-workers on some units
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 23, 2017
The hardest part of the company, they have no staff. Which really makes it difficult to do your job effectively. Not sure if they are cutting the overhead and ok with getting the job done with as less staff as possible but it makes for a very difficult shift.
Pros
Co-workers are good
Cons
Short staffed often times
Productive fun wrk place
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 26, 2016
Great place to work or to settle in an retire.
Great benefits but not very much room to grow or get ahead in life if you are expecting to grow with the economy's pay scale. Hrs get cut a few months out of the year also. To help with budgeting
Pros
Great retirement place
Cons
Does not care about employee needs (can t hours during the worst time of the year)
Great coworkers
Emergency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 19, 2016
Great coworkers made work more fun and worth it. Would have stayed if better work schedule. Enjoyed the support for improvement
productive and fun place to work.
Admitting clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 4, 2016
A typical day at springs hospital is like being around family at home. I have learned a lot from the time I started until now, coworkers are friendly and great to work with. I love the springs family.
Team Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 25, 2016
Great group of nurses and physicians to work with. Team work was really good and I enjoyed everyone working together and helping each other. .
Love my Job, the Pay is terrible
Medical Lab Technician {Generalist} (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJuly 7, 2016
I love my job and all the people I work with. We are like family, but the pay is terrible and not comparable to hospitals 30 min away.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
pay is not comparable to bigger cities
Nice place to work
LMSW, Medical Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 3, 2016
I'm happy to be part of the Springs Memorial team; I work with a Great group of people. I hope I'll be at Springs in the years to come.
Not enough pay for this type of work
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMay 1, 2016
The department I work in has no teamwork at all. The people are rude and not helpful at all. I am constantly finding myself the only one working and being helpful.
good workplace, place to learn a lot
Medical Records Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCApril 8, 2016
prepare medical records for pt.'s, lawyers office's, other medical facilities learned to purge old charts on a disk, worked well with co-workers, hardest part was purging 2-3 yrs. at a time
Pros
I could go work on the floor as CNA if the census was low to make up hours
Cons
when census was low they would send you home and you would not get 40 hours
Nice place to work until it comes to your personal life
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 13, 2016
I loved my job, up until my Gradmother had gotten sick and she resided in WV. I needed to take my week (2 days) off of work to be with her before Thanksgiving week. The floor manager and supervisors made it a complete big deal out of the situation. Your information is not private, you call out to one supervisor your floor manager is texting you. Then when you arrive back to work everyone on the floor knows your business.
They also changed the CNA ratio to 18:1, which is almost impossible when you are on the cardiac floor. Vitals, are every 4 hours. When you wake someone up to obtain vitals, its not just vitals. They need things, and I understand this concept. Then whenever you're not done in time some nurses have an attitude.