Springs Window Fashions

Springs Window Fashions Employee Reviews

decent place to work if
you are not willing to get rich since they are very, very tight with their money more so any yearly raises NEVER to anyone over 3% EVER. Whomever told supervisors that NO OVERTIME EVER is NOT allowed for hourly employees obviously NEVER has worked a day in their life. Things come up that may require 1-2 hours tops per week to get workload done to meet deadlines, yet all us hourly employees hear back is WHY did this and that NOT get done and complain. I am so sick of that, especially when some supervisors have NO clue on how to do our jobs, yet they become our supervisors somehow. All supervisors should be able to learn and do their co-workers who are being supervised jobs plain and simple. If NOT knowing how, how can they complain and understand the process of WHY some things take so long to do? The common sense old saying of sit in my shoes for a day before complaining obviously is lacking at Springs.

Insurance keeps going up and up yearly more so than it should the past 2 years while raises of 2-3% at most are stagnant at best and hourly pay is below industry standards. Vacation/time off is above average but if NO time to take off since NO overtime allowed at times, is hard to take off work when wanted without feeling the wrath of ''why did not this get done? while supervisors do not understand their co-workers job duties in the first place to complain in the first place.
Look elsewhere
Interview process was a joke, managers don’t talk to one another, work is done in a silo, no collaboration. If you are looking for a company that encourages collaboration, teamwork and innovation look elsewhere. It’s not at Springs Window Fashions.
Great place to work; alot of opportunity for volunteering and contributing!to the community
Great place to work; great opportunity for volunteering and contributing to the community! I feel like I have a 2nd family at Springs! Everyone is very friendly and cares about one another!
Its a great place to work and retire out of
It's a great place to work for especially when I work outside. The managment is very wonderful to there people and that what I like the most about the place .
Internship at Springs Window Fashions
I really enjoyed my time at Springs Window Fashions as an Intern for the Procurement Department over the 2019 Summer. The company is working very hard to improve their internship program and it was a great first step for me as a young adult still in college. I would definitely recommend and internship there to anyone. As far as the full time experiences it's hard say whether I would or would not recommend it but they are a growing company with a lot of potential.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Upper Management disconnect
They expect too much from employee's that are stuck working with out of date and worn out machines. and are pushed to make standard on broken machines.
Manager over Manufacturing is trying, but VP's will not give him the budget he needs to fix production Departments to get the manufacturing departments back to their former glory.

Quality is failing due to poor upper management choices.
Good culture base
The work is demanding and very stressful at times. Rarely ever any weeks without mandatory overtime. Time off requests are pretty flexible if staffing is covered.
Pros
Work incentives such as paid bonus time, ice cream truck days, occasional provided lunches/snacks
Cons
Stressful and high demand workload sometimes becomes overwhelming and frustrating
Toxic work culture
While I really enjoyed working with my peers, the management at Springs did not value the employees and it is blatantly obvious. There is little opportunity to advance.
Good job
Good job to have. Heavy labor though. Good management team. Good safety plans. Nice management team. They seem to really care about the employees. Need more than 10 minutes for breaktime.
Good chance of job advancement.
A company that gives employees a chance to grow. I started on the assembly line and 19 years later became the Warehouse Supervisor. This company rewarded associates for working hard with a party or morning doughnut break. Most of the people were very nice to work with also.
Horrible
My supervisor was a lying scumbag who would throw anyone under the bus to look good. Safety and fair treatment did not exist.
Apply at this sweatshop at your own peril. If you think the dark ages were fun, this is the job for you. Bullying is the only management skill here.
Pros
Meager pay
Cons
Everything else about it
Bad culture but good benefits
Good people and benefits but unhealthy workplace culture- lacks transparency, accountability, empowerment, process, willingness to change. Rewarded for working harder/more hours over smarter/more efficient.
Customer Service
I am honestly surprised they are still here as slowly but surely everything is moving to Mexico and I see the customer service jobs going as well. I know the work has changed since I have been there and now you see part-time postings. Honestly I would look for a more steady job from the start as they tell you the jobs won't go to Mexico but that is a bold faced lie and always has been, It was fairly good about 20 years ago but now I wouldn't even both applying.
Management shows favoritism
You work 40 hours a week
You have to know how to use a measuring tape

Management has favorites and isn't interested in hearing new or better ideas to make things easier.

The hardest part about the job is dealing with the drama that management allows.

The most enjoyable about the job is getting your paycheck and having your day off.
Field Sales Representative
Springs Window Fashions is owned by AEA Investors and BCI. These organizations focus on profits before the employees. Since 2018 the company has experienced a staggering loss of talent and acquired leadership who simply don't understand their own product or position in the market.

Here are the facts related to the Field Sales Representative:

1.You will be paid a base salary and offered a bonus program

2. You will receive a company vehicle with gas, maintenance, & insurance covered

3. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k is offered

4. Company Phone and Laptop are required

Here is what they don’t tell you:

1. The bonus program is only paid quarterly and “mystery math” is used to calculate your actual numbers. Sales goals are national, not supported by the local market. So if you don't sell shutters, you'll never achieve a bonus.

2. The company vehicle is cheap and will require additional insurance coverage.

3. The Medical Insurance cost will increase or change to a different provider each year.

4. The company laptop is unreliable and tethered to a network that constantly crashes.

5. You will work on the average 30 weekends a year in retail stores, sometimes covering the entire department.
Great Medical and 401 K retirement
The company over promises and under delivers. Constant out of stocks on material for window treatments or back orders. Turn around time is awful. Management is all over the place. No balance for work and life
Company culture overwhelmingly negative
Head office disorganized to the point of incompetence, quota and sales numbers changed at a whim, majority of staff do not trust upper management. It is difficult to get anything done internally and alot of meetings and busy work are given to the staff.
Pros
Decent pay if quota is met, sales staff supportive of each other
Cons
Quota is given after month is over, sales numbers changed with no explanation, hard to get tools neccessary to do job
Large plant many opportunists.
large place, over managed by office, too many attention seekers, difficult to maintain ever changing company directives.
Did well at safety training.
Collaborative friendly atmosphere
great place to work! It's a small office so you get to wear many different hats. I was an intern and instead of just giving me the boring busy work, they tried to teach me as much as possible about the process of design.
Pros
people
Cons
drainage
Used to be a great place to work
Company has gone down hill. Support staff are treated badly since all they concentrate on is keeping cs reps and making goals at all costs. Management used to care about their associates in customer service. Apparently they are following the new CEOs lead.
Pros
Cons
Keep piling more and more work on people with no advancement or additional pay
Where is our money
I have given my all to this company for 10 years; and they way the new management is treating employees is horrible. There are so many complaints and nobody is doing a thing. You basically pull our commissions and give us some so called bonus that benefits you new management to make money not your reps. We work 50+ hrs a week, emails, texts from dissatisfied dealers with quality issues, turnaround times, pricing. We constantly screw up and we have to be the "bad guy" and tell our dealers, sorry no more discounting on your hardware that we've been doing for years. We are disappointing what dealers that are left. Most have gong to Alta, Hunter and Norman and Worldwide. So the reps are left with not opportunity for growth, no bonus and we are suffering. What kind of investment companies do not know how this company is operating and think it's okay to treat your employees this way. We are almost half way into the next quarter and NO GOAL? Do you guy's really think this is okay? HMMMMMM legal action might turn this around. You might be able to bully some but quite a few of us are standing up. We want what we are owed; we work very hard for this company. You hire new don't know this industry and expect us to train? Really, again expectations but can't compensate us. My goal was raised 8% but other teammates had 1%, 2% even decrease. This is nothing but a bunch of nonsense and just isn't right. So many people are gone that the ones that are left are taking on addition workload and it literally takes days to a week to even get an answer on a response. From customer - more...
Pros
When we were respected and valued as human beings
Cons
Pay cuts, poor poor communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springs Window Fashions. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight