Springs Window Fashions Employee Reviews

Great benifits and flexible schedule
SR. FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2019
SWF is a nice company to work for. They provide great benefit packages and other incentives for its associates. The management is very project driven, sometimes at the expense of its employees but that is not uncommon among other large corporations. The hardest part of my job is managing my family life and work life. It requires a lot of traveling and there have been many events that my children have had that I missed because of the traveling. The most enjoyable part of my job is its flexibility. I am the "CEO" of my territory and can manage it, to a certain extent, how I believe will drive sales.
A great company
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 9, 2019
I am a remote employee, but I still feel engaged in the company and feel like I am a valued member of the team. My manager is responsive to any questions or concerns. They even have a culture council which asks my opinion on how to increase engagement.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Company Car
Very relaxing work atmosphere, good pay
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAJanuary 10, 2019
Very relaxing work atmosphere, basic skills needed, descent pay. Easy to learn and fun job. Good hours. Friendly work enviromment. Always room for advancement.
Pros
Relaxing, easy work, descent pay
Cons
Standing in 1 place for 8+ hrs a day
Work was never appreciated.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 2, 2019
No matter the job leaders were never happy, from senior management, supervisor and leaders. Employees were expected to always do more and rarely appreciated.
Mid-manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIFebruary 17, 2019
A suppressed culture that is hanging on to decades of old practices, and the core values and principles are merely a speech but never practiced.
Exec. Management and the owner hoard profits while dedicated and hardworking associates are rob of profit sharing incentive. Lack of diversity at the senior leadership level makes no sense when the company is supposed to be "fashionable" and trendy window coverings company.
Centralized decision making resides with the CEO even on the most straightforward functional issue.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good relative to the area, but money is not everything.
Cons
A suppressed culture where the core values and principles are a mere speech but never practiced.
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 11, 2018
It is entirely too much information to have to be able to provide to your caller. Alot of times management will disagree with one another regarding how to handle certain situations
Ok to work for.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 31, 2018
Springs window Fashions, LLC was an OK compnay to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time available to learn new skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with poor leadership.
Home Based Associate
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PAAugust 8, 2018
Great management, leadership teams and every day provides new challenges. I have been able to grow within the company and obtain 5 promotions in 15 years.
Pros
work from home
Cons
n/a
Love this place & I would go back!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here because all the job can be challenging the staff and management team made the environment as comfortable as possible. Everyone is understanding although they have their own guidelines and policies that they have to follow. Overall great place to work. Love the benefits, the view from break room and how up to date the technology is.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Occurrence policy
Awful place to work!
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJuly 31, 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone.
The operations manager is a complete jerk. He knows absolutely nothing about manufacturing and has poor people skills.
The General manager is the exact same way.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Awful management
Wireless Mortor Control
Consultant to an OEM window shade manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 8, 2018
I worked as an independent contractor for Springs Window Fashion. I had been tasked to create the firmware to control a DC motor running at constant velocity and maintating position to within 1/100 of an inch. This was controlled over an I2C bus with a command and protocol structure defined by me.

I enjoyed this project because I was involved in bringing up the manufacturing and testing of this with a group in China that I had worked with previously. This helped shaped the firmware design and incorporated test features in the design that reduced manufacturing time fixture cost / reliability.
Pros
I had a great deal of autonomy and control of how this design evolved
Cons
Sometimes was frustrating because of the lack the group had limited knowledge of electronics.
CEO is a petulant child no respect condesending
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 6, 2018
We used to be the best experience company; no more. New CEO is driving this business into the ground. Poor Poor quality products; no innovation at all and keep price increase to drive more and more of the dealer base away. Firing people, people quitting everyday. In the contract side feeling it now; it started with the sales staff and has trickled through the company. The morale is so low and upper management does nothing to employees and is directed by this. The company is the issue not the employees and the process in which the job is done. Long hours and employees don't feel like they are worth
Pros
Direct Manager
Cons
All of the above
Bugs Literally Crawled Across My Desk
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 2, 2018
A disgusting building, bugs and mosquitoes in your dingy cubicle in the spring and summer. Building is dank, has few windows and only the "big wigs" get an office. They couldn't care less about employees and treat you like you are disposable.

Under the current management, this place is a mess.
Pros
I truly can't think of any
Cons
Gross, unhealthy building, secretive management who never seem to have a clue what they are doing.
Lots of change but positive change
Staff (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 6, 2018
SWF is going through a lot of change. Much of it has been communicated effectively to employees but there should be a higher level of communication to all associates as to what is going on, why and how it will impact them.

That;'s really all the criticism I have for this company and leadership team. I find the direction we are headed, the company goals and initiatives to be sensible, exciting and something I look forward to being a part of.

Yes, there is a lot of change, those who aren't afraid of it, who don't mind being held accountable for the job they were hired to do seem very happy to be here.
Pros
Relaxed working environment, approachable leadership team, exciting new business strategy.
Cons
Change isn't for everyone.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAMay 6, 2018
It can get stressful at times but the company recognizes that and rewards employees accordingly. They tend to work with you on your schedule as long as you are showing up on time and doing your work.
okay company, good pay good benefits
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 30, 2018
The company overall was a good place to work, management was lacking, salary competetive and ben efits were good, overall i would reccomend this company.
Company Culture is outdated
Manager in the Middleton Office (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 14, 2018
The IT department maintains an alarmingly monumentous skill and knowledge gap. There's a lot of wasted money on poorly implemented projects.

Talented women are often (not always) ignored while their male counterparts with less experience and fewer skills are promoted.

It's a boys' club. The administrative assistants who work for the executive team members affectionately refer to the executive team as "the boys," because, well, they are all male. And white.
Job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 23, 2018
Just a place to work. Strong business but not overly energizing place to work. Has high potential if the company can get its ducks in a row. Time will tell its future.
Pros
Strong business
Cons
Too many to list
Great Company To Work For
Manufacturer Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIMarch 2, 2018
Springs has a great work environment. There is always room for advancement. They promote within first. I would go back to work for Springs and highly recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Best Experience
Cons
Growth Changes
relaxed yet fast paced
Tool Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIFebruary 26, 2018
good place to work but some of processes are way behind in the times overall a good place to work would recommend it . been here about three years so overall good place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springs Window Fashions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight