Springstone, Inc.
52Below average

Springstone, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States94 reviews
Great learning experience
Oakwood Springs is not perfect; however, there is great effort being made to improve the defects and make this hospital the premier standard for behavioral health and substance recovery care. A typical day can be demanding and sometimes exasperating but what inpatient facility isn't? As a new therapist, I have been given an invaluable education and insight into severe mental illness (SMI) and addiction that will assist me as I transition to eventual private practice. The management team are supportive and take great effort to recognize each employee individually. The current management team are visionaries and not afraid to push against systems that can be redundant and sometimes need to be renovated. The work culture is enjoyable, I have never worked with a better group of individuals. My day is filled with laughter and acceptance; this is important while navigating and treating individuals who are in such dire pain. The hardest part of this job is completing the necessary paperwork on a timeline, especially on days when we are assigned several new intakes. It's on those days that the team pulls together to help each other in order to meet requirements and remain on task to provide exceptional patient care. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the improvement our patients make; they arrive broken and leave with new beginnings and tools for an improved life.
Awful management and overworked staff
Awful management especially senior management who gossip about staff and each other. Overworked staff, unqualified operations managers and poor work culture. Only concerned about money and not patient care or staff happiness.
Proceed with caution when applying to facility
The facility is a FOR PROFIT organization and each Springstone, Inc office is an LLC (for liability reasons) I am assuming. The OKC division has been open for only THREE years and had several turnovers from Administration and Staff. Due to several legal and personal lawsuit infractions against the company. In that being said all of its operating facility has its own separate CEO and CFO. The OKC facility works with very very limited staff around the clock leaving some units and areas with only one person working throughout their respective shifts which have caused increased safety concerns and violent acts by potential patients. The OKC division does not have an EMR (Electronic Medical Record) or EHR (Electronic Health Record) system so ALL PAPERWORK from Nursing notes, Therapy group notes, Assessment/Intake, etc is ALL PAPERWORK which causes lengthy procedures estimated wait time can be 3 to 4 hours for services. Please proceed with caution to applying for ANY positions.
Just Awful
Worst company I’ve ever had the misfortune to work for. Stressful, volatile environment. Talked down to every single day. Horrible HR and management. This is not just one persons bad experience, this is truly a horrible place to be. So bad it’s honestly sad.
Cons
Fill the beds despite low staffing
This company pays well. But the OKC facility is broken. I had 5 different CEO’s, 4 Don’s, and I was on my 3rd Director in a year. Work life balance non existent.
They would do better considering the culture of Oklahoma City Employees. At the height of chaos emails are sent to point out mistakes. They are desperate because reputation of the hospital is awful. The only motivation to stay was the patients.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Profit Driven Company
Springstone is a profit driven company that has infected the mental health industry. You will notice very few fully licensed therapists and for a good reason. There is limited understanding of what is actually needed. You will be forced to focus on forms without a process or good communication.
Pros
Not much to be honest
Cons
Limited licensed staff in active roles, limited experience of newly graduated peers and supervisors
Newer Company Breaking Mental Health Barriers
Springstone is creating an atmosphere where healing and learning to love oneself is front and center. They are truly Changing People's Lives at each location across the country.
I have worked for Sycamore Springs for over 3 years. They are very family oriented, offer competitive pay, education assistance, and help employees grow as leaders.
Informative
Being someone who has only an undergraduate degree in psychology and is currently working on a masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling this position is ideal to learn a lot of the aspects of inpatient hospitalization. I do not need a license to work in this location. During my time here I have learned a huge amount of community resources, and am able to observe and experience working around and with therapist and doctors.
Beware of this Company
Arrogant attitudes all around. Absolutely terrible HR staff; a complete joke! No leadership. High turnover. Educated co-workers in a hostile environment. No one ever listens to your needs and no one truly cares so don't waste your time. The only positive part is helping patients, who can be verbally abusive and combative at times. Job and culture is seriously not worth the stress.
I believe racism exists here
It’s very subtle, but racism exists. Certain staff members are able to get away with somethings, while others cannot. Management backs up some people in management and reprimand others. They pretend to care, but they don’t. You work your bone off in this company and no recognition. They promote who they love. I appreciate one of the supervisors, very knowledgeable, she has taught me a lot but the others have zero experience. I don’t know how they got the job.
Don’t waste your time
I had an interview with them and absolutely loved the facility. I waited about two weeks to receive the offer letter. Mind you I have an associates, bachelors and am going for my masters. I was offered 13.00 an hour to be a discharge planner. I declined the offer as soon as they emailed it to me. Please inform people during the interview the salary.
you have to work while
Be productive during the day...all your work will be reflective on the monthly numbers. Sometimes there are team bonus and a great work location. Staff is team oriented
Pros
great people
Could be great.
The higher-ups are unaware that expectations for clinical staff are antiquated and unrealistic. Don’t bother bringing any of it to their attention, they will not collaborate or want to strategically problem solve, instead they patronize you. They will punish you for pointing out pain points and how they could be solved, it was a real missed opportunity. Expect to work 50 + hours a week, without comp time, or overtime if you’re a salaried employee. Salary was fair, benefits are up to par, that is, if you are even able to use them. Spoke to "tenured" staff, ALL of which had been working there for less than a year. Was informed most therapists leave within a year due to reasons listed above.
Best behavioral health facility in the metro area I've worked at
Beautiful facility, great providers and co-workers, management is always available. The pay is better than any other facility I've worked at. Benefits are decent, 401K, paid holidays, the PTO accrual is not the best though.
It's not for everyone...
The work environment is not for everyone. If you are a leader that is interested in solving problems with creative solutions, coordinating with other departments, and working collaboratively to improve patient care this is a great company to work for. If you need to have the specifics of your job clearly mapped out without deviation then this is probably not the right place for you.
Worst company to work for
The medical benefits for this company are a joke. You’ll pay for everything out of pocket
The work environment is stressful, ungrateful, and everything Springstone tells you at orientation is a lie. They take the worst, most acute, dangerous patients all while telling you they would never do that. This is the worst job I’ve ever had,

the worst benefits I’ve ever had, the worst company I’ve ever worked for. I’ve never been so anxious and miserable at a job
Great company
Springstone is an awesome company to work for. I learned a lot in only 3 months! They also offer lots of opportunity for advancement. Try it, you'll like it.
Pros
flex schedule/ no micro managing
Politics and Egos
Can’t keep hardworking, valuable employees when leadership is manipulative, unqualified, and insensitive. Springstone as a corporation has good values but they lack in choosing the right candidates for leadership positions. Turnover is outrageous.
Hostile/Cut throat environment
Run! They have their favorites and they care about profit over patients. If you like your professional license don’t work there. Not even Human Resources can save you!
This hospital has so much potential
When you walk into a facility that has strong management, it’s great. When you visit an establishment that has poor management and administration, the facility is less than desirable. That’s what’s wrong with this facility; the top. The location, beauty and care is fabulous but the CEO & DON need to be replaced. They are destroying that hospital. There is hostility, staff splitting, cliches, favoritisms, and bias treatment. I would not recommend working there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springstone, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6