Springstone Montessori School Employee Reviews

Great experience with children.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2018
SpringStone is a great place to work at. I love working there and love all the staff. Advancement is limited as well as salary. Main reason I am leaving is because I need a higher salary and SpringStone is unable to reach those goals. Company does not offer any benefits besides 5day paid vacation after first year anniversary. Other than that, staff is amazing!
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Poor salary
Working with Kids is amazing
Floater Teacher - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed the almost two years I worked for this company. Working with kids is so rewarding, especially watching how much they can advance mentally in such a short period of time.
Pros
working with kids, school days off because of holidays lol
Cons
High ratios
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2018
Staff is amazing to work with.
Always working as a team
Learn new things about Montessori that i didn't know off
Very flexible with time
Holidays paid days
relaxed workplace
PRESCHOOL TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 20, 2018
Everyone is really nice and it is a fun environment to work in. The employees work as a team to get things done in the best interest of the children. Management worked in the best possible way to meet the needs of the employees.
Fast Paced and rewarding job.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2017
If you love the fast pace and are quick on your feet you would love this job. Its rewarding when you see children each day learning the things you know u have taught them.
Pros
you have alot of loving family
Cons
when you have enough kids they will send you home
Stressful and favored work place.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 14, 2017
The only benefit I have is my child going there for a fraction of tuition cost of a parent who does not work there. The management and the people the hire now are unreliable and immature for the positions.
Pros
Huge discount in childcare
Cons
Always short staffed. Favors certain employees based on family.
N/a
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
The whole school sucks. from the food to the teachers and even the front office. The kids are the best thing in the whole school. Front office staff do not know what they are doing.
Pros
free lunch, and the kids
Cons
no help from the front desk. the food sucks. teachers are rude
It was A great work place to get to know the children and know what they love and what they needed help on studying in the future .
Teacher's Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 18, 2017
it was great Workng at SpringStone however, getting to know the children and exploring their learning abilites . futhermore they we're the reason why I wanted to go to work each and everyday. they are a blessings, and you learn so much from them.
Pros
kids, food, breaks
Cons
health care
Overall Review of Job
Floater/Lead Teacher/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2016
Everyone was very respectful and fun to be around. It was a very calm, clean, and energetic workplace. The management was very organized and always on top of things.
Cons
Hours cut too often, lunch breaks early in the morning
One of the better preschools to work at
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2016
Clean center - cleaner than most, friendly staff, not much room for growth or pay. A good starter job...a good place to get your "feet wet" to see if education is the field you want to go in permanently.
Busy and Consistant
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2016
Loved teaching and working in an infant class room. The presents of baby's and children on a daily basis is amazingly joyful and brings happiness to my heart.
Fun work place to bring out your inner child
Floater/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2016
Working at SpringStone was a blast. The co workers all work as a team and are very friendly. The best part of the job was seeing the smiles on all the kids faces. The hardest part is when multiple kids cry at the same time for a period of time. This job is not for everyone, but for those it is meant for, its a very rewarding job.
Pros
Working with kids. Bringing out your inner child.
Cons
No benefits. Little chance to move up with company. Little pay for such demanding job.
Excellent Work Environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 29, 2014
Everyday is enriched with creativity and progress! Administration and staff work well together. Students and parents are happy!
Pros
Lunch is prepared by a chef.
Cons
Fantastic place to work!!!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 19, 2013
This is a great job with great people, including upper managemnt. The only downfall to this employment is the pay. Child care is a very low paying field, hardly offers any benefits.
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  .September 23, 2013
Duties include running a classroom and providing care for students.
Great Opportunity for training and advancement
School Director (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2013
I am the director of a private Montessori School. We enroll approximately 145 kids daily and I manage a staff of 28. I love my staff and love opportunities to teach others as well as learn from them. I have a great relationship with the staff, parents and children. I think the hardest part of my job is when you cant help someone fix something. I don't necessarily like the hiring process either. I love having the opportunity to help others and make a difference to adults or children alike.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not much time off
Standard preschool
employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2013
This preschool has 21 teachers of which less than half have any training in Montessori Method. Maria Montessori's philosophy speaks about catering to each child's need and about being flexible & creative. Springstone is not a true Montessori school because they have rigid rules, are not flexible with their students' needs, and over half of their "teachers" have no experience in higher education or in Montessori's method. They are a standard run of the mill preschool with high school graduates parading around like educators. If you can pretend to care about Maria Montessori for your interview, you will be hired. Be aware that if you work there you will be under constant camera surveillance.
Pros
free soda
Cons
no breaks except lunch, often out of ratio, no respect for staff
A wonderful place to work
VISITING TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2012
A typical day at work usually be calm and fast pasted some days. My co-workers are very helpful friendly , kind and joyful.The hardest part of the day is when we have a larg amount of children at once and the enjoyable part of the day is when the children are playing or doing project and there work.