Springstone Employee Reviews

Love my job!
Phone Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
I work at the Corporate Call Center. I have always found management to be supportive and understanding and willing to work with you. Overall a very positive work environment. Can be stressful during high call volume but overall a pretty relaxed and supportive work environment. Both staff and management tend to be pretty positive and encouraging. Negatives would be any upward mobility is slow. But very happy in my job overall!
Pros
Positive work environment, compensation
Cons
low upward mobility
A Great Place to Work!
Phone Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 5, 2018
I completely disagree with the previous review regarding the call center. It's actually a great place to work! I love the majority of my co-workers and have come to view them as friends/second family. I also have a deep respect and admiration of our management team. They do the absolute best they can and are constantly keeping us up-to-date on changes made at Springstone hospitals. They prioritize improving call center performance and helping our patients, and are there to listen to concerns that we have as employees. The schedule and days off are pretty irregular so you do need to be flexible to work here, but this is explained very well during the interview process. The scheduling does also improve the longer you work here-you can slowly work your way up to first shift and more consistent work hours. The pay is competitive and all employees receive an annual performance review and raise of 1%-5% depending on performance. The environment is relaxed for the most part, but can sometimes be stressful when call volume is high.

My main frustration with this position is the lack of respect the call center as a whole receives from other staff at our hospitals. But overall, I feel fulfilled in this position and know that we are doing important work to help our patients.
Pros
competitive pay, reward lunches when goals are met, great team environment, relaxed atmosphere, frequent opportunities for overtime, great and supportive co-workers and management
Cons
little room for upward growth, little respect from staff at other hospitals, difficult to receive raise outside of annual review, low 401K match
Lack of professionalism
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 4, 2018
It is a toxic environment. Managers are not trained professionals, they get hired based on who knows who. Gossip is high and employees are mostly unhappy. The work load is unrealistic. The training is nothing other than online sessions. Meetings are more about how to get more money rather than patient safety.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Management has no experience.
More of a receptionist instead of Assessment Department
Phone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2018
This job is a complete joke, I’ve never worked at a place where you have 4 supervisor and the head supervisor doesn’t know anything and scared of confrontation (crazy I know right). The job doesn’t make you feel safe staff keeps up drama and bullying behavior. Staff at the call center are not there to help, staff mutes phones or hang up on callers and management doesn’t do anything when reported. Springstone call center should be closed.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent work hours, very high harassment, drama and bullying
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2018
understaffed, no help from management, focused on money not patient care or safety. One of the worst places anyone could go for help. They do not care about the patients.
Sycamore Springs
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 23, 2018
I worked for Sycamore Springs in Lafayette mainly on the detox unit for apx a year. Very very poor nursing, second shift, supervisor that was rude to all employees. The hospital all around was very inconsistent with rules and regulations. Also, employees are majorly over worked and very under appreciated, understaffed, and underpaid. Patients are not treated fairly or like they are the number one priority during their stay with us. Just a very poor place to work overall.
Pros
Go-workers with the same title as you are usually pleasant
Cons
Very poor management, inconsistent rules and regulations, no room for growth, employees are treated poorly by nurses, all management, and HR.
trust no one
tech (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INJune 15, 2018
techs know more than nurses about addiction. nurses are just med passers. the pharmacist is awesome and will answer any questions about meds you get. always work with a skeleton crew which leaves patients upset and always complaining. CEO does not care because its all about the money.. therapists are amazing, especially the ones who have been there for years! some days you may have 10-11 patients then have to take 10 more when someone goes to lunch. impossible to keep up with patients needs. second hand smoke exposure for the techs who have to go out with patients to smoke and sit with them. constant complaining from techs, nurses, and admission people. for almost $1000 a day, the patients should get much more. HR is so rude and never a smile on her face. nightmare place to work
Pros
therapists are great
Cons
never enough staff
Expect to Work Several Roles for Less Money
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 11, 2018
Expected to do multiple jobs, for one salary. Pay is not equal among employees. More focused is placed on filling beds than providing quality care. Often understaffed to save money, and putting patients at risk.
Great mental health/detox hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2018
Pay was $4-$5 more an hour than a large acute care hospital was paying me.

Orientation is provided based on how much time you need to actually learn the job whether you’re new or a seasoned nurse.
Pros
pay is decent, job is slower paced and a lot less stressful, They offer night and weekend differentials
Cons
Using your PTO can be difficult
Always needing help but a job you'll enjoy
PCA II (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 8, 2018
If it wasn't for poor management I would love the job more. There is career advancement opportunities. Some days are quiet and others are hectic. I love the job but it is easy to get burnt out on because they are always needing help.
Pros
helping others, salary, benefits
Cons
management, missed breaks some days
Outpatient Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2018
The nursing staff and doctors were awesome. Therapists and other staff were great as well. Most of the administrative staff worked really hard and took pride in their jobs. The only reason I left was due to logistics. I would give five stars, but they had no retirement/401k.
Pros
Pay. Community/camaraderie.
Cons
Poor benefits.
Stay away
Intake (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, IndianaFebruary 9, 2018
Cut throat management! Stressful workplace high turnover of employees . All about money. Social workers pick & choose who they want to admit. If they don't like the person or just don't want to do the paperwork then that person is out of luck.
Pros
Cons
Watch your back No one is your friend
Mesa Springs is the best in Texas
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Over the past four years we have worked through many challenges to build a reputation in the community, and now we have the top patient and staff reviews in the company. We have the highest staff retention rates among the nursing staff and the only reason people leave is for relocation, illness, or for school. This is the place to work. You walk in the door and you know management, the other nurses, and the techs have your back. We have built that culture over the past four years and I am proud of what we have built. Our benefits have improved over the years, 401k match improved this year (thank you!!).
Pros
we work as a team, priority is patient and staff safety, management supportive
Cons
little to no breaks but that's my choice
great work envirnment
nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
great work environment ,there cameras everywhere to protect patients and staffs. adequate supplies for the nurses and patients to work with. good nurse to patient ratio...up to 3 nurses on a unit including a supervisor.
Pros
great environment to work, new building fully computerized, meals re great for patients.
Cons
pay for nursing at this time not very great.
Stay away, toxic environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Absolutely the worst management I have experienced. They are out for money and nothing else and they don’t hide it either. They promote a very toxic environment and don’t care about employees or clients. There is no guidance from management and things change daily adding to an already overwhelming workload. Management is extremely self serving and will do nothing to take care of their employees.
Pros
The patients and a couple of employees
Cons
Toxic and self serving management, clearly find care about employees or their clients
Don't do it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 13, 2018
Dangerous with opiate crisis and mental illness. Lack of nurses get flexex and supervisor has to take patients. If you need help its skeleton staff. No security for well beings of staff and patients. Contrand has been sneak in even though they been screened. The go out to smoke and run off .
Cons
Bad nanagement
Don’t do it!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This is a narcissist haven. Management is cut throat and all about how much money the hospital brings in. Very corrupt. Management is on a Who you know not how qualified you are basis.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Corporate and management is cut throat and corrupt. People do not matter. .
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 12, 2017
Started here about a month ago and so far I love it. Don't get me wrong, this job can be challenging at times but it's worth it. I never see anyone slacking and just sitting. Everyone here works. Management is friendly and approachable. Everyone is willing to help. When it gets stressful it can get intense but it blows over quick and gets back to normal. I'll be here for a very long time I'm sure!
Pros
8 hour shifts, lots of hours to pick up, friendly coworkers, pay is good.
Cons
Can be a stressful atmosphere due to type of facility it is.
Great place to work!!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 30, 2017
Better than I could have imagined. Very patient-oriented atmosphere. The work is challenging, but the results are well worth it. Great team that really cares about patients getting better!!!
Pros
We truly are Changing People's Lives!!!
Great company
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
Enjoyable workplace due to quality staff and management. You clock in and go straight to work. You don't have to wait for someone to give you direction. Their quality of staff was very high and competent. The management team (Director and Manager) worked well together to motivate and encourage staff.
Pros
great management
Cons
cost of healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springstone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9