Springstone Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2018
understaffed, no help from management, focused on money not patient care or safety. One of the worst places anyone could go for help. They do not care about the patients.
Sycamore Springs
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 23, 2018
I worked for Sycamore Springs in Lafayette mainly on the detox unit for apx a year. Very very poor nursing, second shift, supervisor that was rude to all employees. The hospital all around was very inconsistent with rules and regulations. Also, employees are majorly over worked and very under appreciated, understaffed, and underpaid. Patients are not treated fairly or like they are the number one priority during their stay with us. Just a very poor place to work overall.
Pros
Go-workers with the same title as you are usually pleasant
Cons
Very poor management, inconsistent rules and regulations, no room for growth, employees are treated poorly by nurses, all management, and HR.
trust no one
tech (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INJune 15, 2018
techs know more than nurses about addiction. nurses are just med passers. the pharmacist is awesome and will answer any questions about meds you get. always work with a skeleton crew which leaves patients upset and always complaining. CEO does not care because its all about the money.. therapists are amazing, especially the ones who have been there for years! some days you may have 10-11 patients then have to take 10 more when someone goes to lunch. impossible to keep up with patients needs. second hand smoke exposure for the techs who have to go out with patients to smoke and sit with them. constant complaining from techs, nurses, and admission people. for almost $1000 a day, the patients should get much more. HR is so rude and never a smile on her face. nightmare place to work
Pros
therapists are great
Cons
never enough staff
Expect to Work Several Roles for Less Money
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 11, 2018
Expected to do multiple jobs, for one salary. Pay is not equal among employees. More focused is placed on filling beds than providing quality care. Often understaffed to save money, and putting patients at risk.
Great mental health/detox hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 17, 2018
Pay was $4-$5 more an hour than a large acute care hospital was paying me.

Orientation is provided based on how much time you need to actually learn the job whether you’re new or a seasoned nurse.
Pros
pay is decent, job is slower paced and a lot less stressful, They offer night and weekend differentials
Cons
Using your PTO can be difficult
Always needing help but a job you'll enjoy
PCA II (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 8, 2018
If it wasn't for poor management I would love the job more. There is career advancement opportunities. Some days are quiet and others are hectic. I love the job but it is easy to get burnt out on because they are always needing help.
Pros
helping others, salary, benefits
Cons
management, missed breaks some days
Outpatient Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2018
The nursing staff and doctors were awesome. Therapists and other staff were great as well. Most of the administrative staff worked really hard and took pride in their jobs. The only reason I left was due to logistics. I would give five stars, but they had no retirement/401k.
Pros
Pay. Community/camaraderie.
Cons
Poor benefits.
Loved working with the Patients
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMarch 3, 2018
Need more trained staff and supervisors. New hospital. No professionalism or structure. inconsistency . Very high turnover rate. Alot of repeat patients. Patient care was not main focus which was very fustrating for me because thats my psssion.
Stay away
Intake (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, IndianaFebruary 9, 2018
Cut throat management! Stressful workplace high turnover of employees . All about money. Social workers pick & choose who they want to admit. If they don't like the person or just don't want to do the paperwork then that person is out of luck.
Pros
Cons
Watch your back No one is your friend
Mesa Springs is the best in Texas
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Over the past four years we have worked through many challenges to build a reputation in the community, and now we have the top patient and staff reviews in the company. We have the highest staff retention rates among the nursing staff and the only reason people leave is for relocation, illness, or for school. This is the place to work. You walk in the door and you know management, the other nurses, and the techs have your back. We have built that culture over the past four years and I am proud of what we have built. Our benefits have improved over the years, 401k match improved this year (thank you!!).
Pros
we work as a team, priority is patient and staff safety, management supportive
Cons
little to no breaks but that's my choice
great work envirnment
nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
great work environment ,there cameras everywhere to protect patients and staffs. adequate supplies for the nurses and patients to work with. good nurse to patient ratio...up to 3 nurses on a unit including a supervisor.
Pros
great environment to work, new building fully computerized, meals re great for patients.
Cons
pay for nursing at this time not very great.
Stay away, toxic environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Absolutely the worst management I have experienced. They are out for money and nothing else and they don’t hide it either. They promote a very toxic environment and don’t care about employees or clients. There is no guidance from management and things change daily adding to an already overwhelming workload. Management is extremely self serving and will do nothing to take care of their employees.
Pros
The patients and a couple of employees
Cons
Toxic and self serving management, clearly find care about employees or their clients
Don't do it
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, INJanuary 13, 2018
Dangerous with opiate crisis and mental illness. Lack of nurses get flexex and supervisor has to take patients. If you need help its skeleton staff. No security for well beings of staff and patients. Contrand has been sneak in even though they been screened. The go out to smoke and run off .
Cons
Bad nanagement
Don’t do it!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 2, 2018
This is a narcissist haven. Management is cut throat and all about how much money the hospital brings in. Very corrupt. Management is on a Who you know not how qualified you are basis.
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Corporate and management is cut throat and corrupt. People do not matter. .
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 12, 2017
Started here about a month ago and so far I love it. Don't get me wrong, this job can be challenging at times but it's worth it. I never see anyone slacking and just sitting. Everyone here works. Management is friendly and approachable. Everyone is willing to help. When it gets stressful it can get intense but it blows over quick and gets back to normal. I'll be here for a very long time I'm sure!
Pros
8 hour shifts, lots of hours to pick up, friendly coworkers, pay is good.
Cons
Can be a stressful atmosphere due to type of facility it is.
Great place to work!!!
Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 30, 2017
Better than I could have imagined. Very patient-oriented atmosphere. The work is challenging, but the results are well worth it. Great team that really cares about patients getting better!!!
Pros
We truly are Changing People's Lives!!!
Great company
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2017
Enjoyable workplace due to quality staff and management. You clock in and go straight to work. You don't have to wait for someone to give you direction. Their quality of staff was very high and competent. The management team (Director and Manager) worked well together to motivate and encourage staff.
Pros
great management
Cons
cost of healthcare
Worst place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Highland Hls, OHNovember 17, 2016
I was a housekeeper for 6 months and everyday was horrendous. The communication was beyond poor. The hospital was not safe for employees. There are on units with patients of criminal background and not informed. The front desk is exposed to any dangerous situation with no form of protection not even a button to quietly notify police of any danger. The management team had no clue how to run the hospital despite daily meetings to discuss issues. The hospital is very unsanitary the housekeeping was told to minimize the use of gloves. It's not thoroughly sanitized.
Pros
Cons
poor management, not affordable healthcare, low pay
Management does not provide appropriate support to employees
Executive Assistant to CEO/CFO (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 8, 2015
This is the worst Behavioral health hospital to send your family for care I was employed there for almost a year and the patient care techs were there to only collect a paycheck and those that did care about the patients were overworked and under paid. The Director of Human Resources does not know her job and received numerous employee complaints that were never acknowledge or corporate just out right ignored regarding her lack of knowledge with HR policy and procedures and lack of timeliness when dealing with employee benefits and payroll concerns. The only good thing I can say about this company is that the CNO and the Director of Outpatient Services (when I was employed there) are awesome and were starting to find employees that care about the patients with the passion that they have for the quality of care. Springstone overall is a great company but Carrollton Springs staff was only concerned about bottom line and how many insurance would cover for the patients and census to keep the bed filled.
Cons
Poor Management Staff
A great place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Springdale, WAOctober 29, 2012
I started at seven in the morning by feeding and water, then moving on to clean stalls and administer medication to the horses that needed it. I would stop for a lunch break at 11:30 and then moved from their to exercising the horses, riding/training or hauling hay, gravel, wood chips for the stalls or maintaining the grounds and roads.

The job was never dull or overbearing, every day was something new and something fun that used both your body and mind and the experience was something I will never forget.

My co-workers were helpful and were corrective, but never critical.

The hardest part was cleaning out the stud barn. They had a few that could be dangerous and had to moved before I could clean their stall.

The funnest part of the job was being able to drive all their equipment, ride the horses and enjoy their monstrous racquetball/basketball court.
Pros
horses, racquetball court, atv's
Cons
i felt that i should have been paid a bit more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springstone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8