Springwell Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere-you are worth more.
Sociall Worker (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 1, 2018
High turnover.
Non existent Clinical Social Work focus
Preoccupation of meeting unrealistic deadlines with no weight given to heavy and unmanageable caseloads.
This place has no problem firing excellent workers whom were strongly committed to serving the elderly community.
Management are all about numbers, figures and ensuring they get their bonuses in their pockets every year!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Dream Job if You Want to Make a Difference
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 27, 2018
I arrived at Springwell never having worked directly with consumers. They have a very supportive training program that reduced my stress about knowing what to do. One of the most important aspects of the job is to be patient and to be very organized. There is a lot of information to keep track of and once I settled on an organizational structure I was able to keep up without a problem, or the fear of forgetting about a consumer. I have been here 3 years and feel like I am still learning about all the different issues that consumers and their families face and how I can best help them. Everyone from supervisors to managers to support staff to the CEO is supportive and cares about helping consumers.
Pros
Best thing is the amount of training and support provided, attitude about work life balance is also very good, they want you to stay home when you are sick.
Cons
The only con is that there are often other staff who leave mostly to go back to school.
Fulfilling work. Wonderful Atmosphere.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2017
Caseloads will keep you busy. Workdays are productive. Employees are very friendly, helpful and professional. I value the support I get from my Supervisor and co-workers. People here are passionate about their work. It makes for a wonderful atmosphere. I really enjoy what I do.
Pros
Work-life balance, Training, Teaching and learning atmosphere, Opportunity for advancement/growth, Public service loan forgiveness, Paid vacation, sick and holiday time
Cons
Cafe on-site is convenient for breakfast and/or lunch, but can be pricey if you go there often
Rewarding Work. Supportive Environment.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 4, 2017
Everyone is very focused on helping seniors and others who want to stay living at home. Everyone is also very supportive. I've learned ALOT about providing case management, and about organizing my work, about setting boundaries with clients who have mental health issues and about accessing community resources. My supervisor is the BEST.
Pros
Benefits are great, Very relaxed and yet very fast-paced and productive environment, Lots of feedback provided in a constructive way.
Cons
Never cared for the coffee in office kitchen.
A Great Place to Work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 31, 2017
Springwell is a mission driven agency. Everyone is very committed to helping people live in the community for as long as they want. They do a great job training staff and offering support. There is ALOT to learn but, it is appreciated that it will take some time.
Pros
Incredibly generous with paid time off (both vacation and sick), telecommuting is an option for many positions, continuously promoting staff from within
Cons
To be a case manager you need to be very organized and self-motivated.
A Review
Customer Service Assistant/Temp (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 17, 2017
I did not work here very long, so I don't know how much useful information I can provide. Case workers seemed happy, if a little harried and undercompensated.
Great team environment, except for Senior Management
Protective Services Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 23, 2017
Worked here for a long time. Lots of pros, including emphasis on work/life balance and in-house trainings. Very collegial and supportive. However, 100% reliant on state funding and therefore must turn on a dime whenever the state demands and no dissent or alternative views are allowed.

Culture of "continual improvement" without adequate recognition for very tough work done everyday and impossibly high standards.
Pros
Work/life balance. Generous time off. Kind and helpful co-workers.
Cons
Senior management out of touch with rest of staff's needs and daily challenges
good work with a good agency
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 6, 2016
Mission driven agency with clear focus on doing right by people in need. Always looking to improve processes and work space. Lots of opportunity to learn and plenty of opportunity for promotions.
Pros
telecommuniting, 4 day work week, great supervisors, lots of vacation time
great stuff
Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 21, 2016
The great stuff is that the work is rewarding, the management cares and is very open, I've been promoted twice, love the telecommuting, generous paid time off, and supervisors who are supportive.Also, the office space is quite nice with lots of natural light.
Pros
People who care
Cons
sometimes working with very needy clients who have mental health needs can be difficult
Love My Job
Social Service (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 16, 2016
I leave work every day feeling that I have helped make the world a better place even if only for one person. My supervisor always looks for ways to support my professional growth. They promote a lot of people from within the organization.
Pros
great working atmosphere.
Cons
It snows in New England!
Great Place To Work
Busy Worker Bee (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 18, 2015
The work itself is very rewarding. Staff care about clients and go out of their way support them. It really feels that the work is making a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Great co-workers, team environment. Management that listens and cares.
Cons
Can't think of any at this moment.
Foodshopping
Intern (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 31, 2014
I thought this internship was very easy because I go food shopping with my mom every week so i didn't have any struggles .
I enjoyed working for springwell
site manger (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with springwell,enjoy being with the elderly,got along with my co-workers
Consumer centered workplace
Mental Health Wellness Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 9, 2013
Typical day - can vary; overall busy and generally pleasant environment

What I learned - a great deal, mostly from co-workers and consumers; also learned which styles of organization and management best work for me

Management - very focused on consumer choice and best interest, although can lose sight of staff morale and what works for staff as well

Hardest part - long, stressful days with numerous 'issues'

Most enjoyable - some great co-workers and the occasional big success with a consumer
Pros
4 day workweek; good company
Cons
occasional lack of communication and consideration from management, heirarchy/rigid structure
ASAP agency with the mission of keeping elders at home with supports in place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 29, 2012
The nurses and case managers are hard working, but underpaid.
Pros
flexible schedule, no weekends or holidays
Cons
lack of money, no chance for advancemant
Learned alot about Community Services for Elders
Housing Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMay 1, 2012
I was able to learn a lot about services that are available to elders who wish to stay home in the community while aging in place independently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springwell. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2