Sprint by iMobile Employee Reviews

Management is toxic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 21, 2019
I had an issue with my paycheck I brought it to management and it was not fixed so i had to reach out to HR and was harassed by management for doing so. District manager is verbally abusive and made everyones life a hard especially for females.
Run anywhere else
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 14, 2019
The training they provided (or lack thereof) is a joke. Moved my manager to a different store and left us without a manager for MONTHS!!! Little to no help provided...whatsoever. I have in the wireless industry for over 10 years now and this was an absolute joke!
Career advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 2, 2019
You have autonomy to pursue your own style and strategies. If you have the work ethic and desire to promoted, you can achieve a fast paced advancement as long as you continue to perform.
Pros
Autonomy and career advancement
Cons
Work is your life
One of the worst jobs I have ever had
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsdale, PAJanuary 27, 2019
Honestly, if you like working for a company that consistently pulls the rug out from underneath your feet. Then by all means, be my guest. But not only do you only get a 25 cent raise for making them 40,000 dollars in profit, but if you’re not management you get horrid benefits, horrible pay and rode if you don’t make atleast 100 calls a day to people who don’t even want to switch to your company. My boss was even a bigger joke than the Job itself. He literally pitted us against each other every second of every day so he could have entertainment, and if he wasn’t putting us against each other then he was screaming in our faces for the fact that we didn’t reach our quotas for the month, by the way which are all unattainable. The commission structure wasn’t that bad, but they can take it all away with one mistake anyone in your store makes, so if you want to not eat then this is definitely the job for you.
Cons
Worked through my break all the time
One of the Worst Companies in Industry
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 16, 2019
For this company, salary means slavery. The company has a policy of measuring success on a hourly profit rate. Meaning the more hours you work, the more you are expected to sell. Ans if your profit per hour goes down, associates lose hours while managers pick up slack. Most store managers are expected to work at least six days a week, with many stores operating with a manager solely. The company makes no effort to pay their people a fair wage, and turns inward for revenue to help itself grow. That means unattainable goals where there is a promise for money, but no real potential to earn it. Many managers make little to no income from their store commission and are forced to live off the low hourly and their own personal sales which are capped at a lower percentage than the salespeople. That means you can't make as much as they can. Constantly redefining goals and expectations that affect compensation ongoing through out the month in am effort to avoid paying people out.
10 week delay on commission vs. Normal 8 week for industry, and there are caveats in the commission plan that permit the company to keep the entire commission for the month based on things that are out of your control.
Upper management has no direction or guidance. In fact they are often at odds with employees. From HR to Payroll, there is a concerted effort to make sure you know you are replaceable and not valued.
Company also fails to pay out on promised amounts for things like training and improperly manages benefits leaving employee in difficult financial spots.
Never staffed because compensation structure
  more... is to pay minimum wage and commissions payouts are rare and with such a wait most people quit before they ever see any money.
Company repeatedly breaks promises and deals with employees. Cannot be trusted.
Pros
Its work.
Cons
Hours are ridiculous. Commission goals often unattainable. Company does not value its employees.
Great over all job to work at.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 14, 2019
Build your people skills here and create thick skin to help you become a winner. Over come your fear (False evidence appearing real) of talking with people.
Pros
Work with good people, make good commissions
Cons
Moving up in the company takes a while but acheivable.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed my position as store manager at the company but neede to enhance my financial stability.Faiir commision plan and great enviroment to work in
You'll be doing all the work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 15, 2018
Was hired as an experienced rep.. within three days was the manager,...
No support. NO.. I mean NONE..ZERO training for compliance trash..
Poorly run company . They have 200 + wall chargers ( who needs one ? ) but wouldnt bring me bluetooth headsets ( its a hands free state ) Straight up STUPID and still I brought that store out of the gutter.. Manager
Cons
Very friendly environment with a strong diverse foundation.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2018
Working at sprint was a really good way to improve on my vocabulary, patience and ability to give great costumer service while abiding to the company’s best interest.
Go ANYWHERE else, unless you are desperate for a job.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 9, 2018
I didn’t even have to be there for a month before realizing how bad it is to work here. Opened a brand new store(took over a Corporate Store) and had no phones, no uniforms, no displays, barely any accessories(didn’t they know the store was going to open MONTHS BEFORE?).....and their only concern is to sell. SELL. SELL. Make an elderly person add a line on to their account. Watch people walk in, and walk right back out(because the store looked “sketchy AF” in one customers words), because there are no devices on display IN THE WHOLE STORE FOR CUSTOMERS TO SEE OR TRY! Sell a speaker EVERY DAY. TRY to make “salaried” Store Managers work 6 days, 50+ hours a week(I refused) which means hourly you make a little more than someone working in a fast food establishment, and is basically against the US Labor Laws. Goals are IMPOSSIBLE to meet, which means you’ll never get a bonus, and barely get commission. Training?!? Good luck with that. There are District Managers that have NEVER BEEN INVOLVED IN WIRELESS, EVER....but, they insist on telling YOU how to sell, when they have NEVER sold a phone. Just a complete joke. Constant e-mails. In duplicate (sometimes, triplicate). And, then daily “conference calls” going over the same e-mails that we read 2-3 times already.

If you’re a wireless vet, you’ll see instantly that you’ve made a mistake agreeing to work here. Unless you’re desperate. If you are new to wireless, learn it the RIGHT WAY. AT A CORPORATE LOCATION. NOT HERE. Again...unless you are desperate for employment. There is so much more I can say, but hopefully....this has been
  more... enough to scare you straight.  less
Pros
Paycheck is always deposited on time. That’s it.
Cons
Everything else possible.
Fraud, felons, no work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 9, 2018
Upper management is selected by who you know not what you know as a result everything is disorganized. You need to have a schedule made 2 weeks ahead of time but they expect you tow ork 24/7 they will change your schedule AND PAY with no notice , they promise every associate i hired an asm position and then do not follow through they encourage fraud, the dm for wisxonsin market frequently cusses at employees yet doesnt know how to greet or sell himself. Also as this is a kiosk there is no break area or fridge or anything expect to be on your feet 12 hour days
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
perfomanceand metric driven company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 13, 2018
You can make a ton of money if you are performance driven and can achieve the goals that the set for you. If you are not good at hitting goals and pushing a team to achieve metrics and goals then this is not the place that you want to work
Pros
lots of money to be made
Cons
high goals
They want you to lie to your customers.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 7, 2018
This place is a joke. They teach you how to lie and cheat customers out if their money. The company also uses you till you are no good to them or people stop liking you, you are out the door. So don't wasted your time. And the commission structure is a joke you need to hit stupid extra goals to get commission you already earned. They try really hard to take that away from you.
Pros
Absolutely Non.
Cons
Imoblie period.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2017
The manager was a pathelogical liar and she never did her job nor was she there when she was suppose to be but she got paid salary so it didnt matter . We had to carry her weight
Trash Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 8, 2017
I worked here foe 7 mouths .. And I was always they top sealer .. but all they did was Complain that you are not doing better .. that I'm falling off
Pros
Commission
Cons
Poor Management
Poor upper management. Store management was amazing, and the work was faced paced and competitive.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHOctober 7, 2017
Store management was amazing, and the work was faced paced and competitive. Hard to find a work/life balance with this company. Company constantly had you switching your focus from one objective to another. Upper corporate management made promises they can't keep, and you will receive job threatening emails often if quotas aren't met. If you're into sales, and are a good sales person, this is for you.
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Not For The Faint of Heart
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 5, 2017
Be prepared to work, and work hard. iMobile expects you to be on top of your game and ready to sell aggressively to any and all customers. Be ready for being the salesman of the year because if you are not looking for business and driving business to yourself then this job isn't for you.
Look for a corporate sprint
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 18, 2017
I was an assistant manager for this company. They do not like to pay you for the work you've done. I've seen sales people not get paid for their commission. They will say they will pay but they have every excuse not to pay. HE was a joke they didn't care about you. They would just try to replace you. I left the company to work for Verizon. A lot better pay and hours.
Pros
Never seeing your district manager
Cons
The whole company is a joke
Not the best place to be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 1, 2017
Upper management expects you to make last minute changes to schedule, requiring that you stay for extended hours. They mandate that your schedule be completed 3 weeks in advance but reserve the right to change it with 2 hour notice.

Sales ethics are very shady. Telling you to tell your customers that pricing to get a phone is 5 times more than what it really is, simply just to sell accessories.

The company lies to customers telling them that devices are free, however they dont disclose how much the customer pays for the data.
Worst job I've ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
The company constantly decreases commission payouts, or sets goals to earn commission too high to reach. Constant management turnover, chaos in corporate structure and goals. Business has been on constant down slide, and company pushes associates to rip customers off with add ons.
Pros
Complete lack of supervision, flexible schedule
Cons
literally everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprint by iMobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9