Sprint Store by ArchTelecom Employee Reviews

ehhhhhh
Management (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 28, 2019
Not the worst place ever, but I would strive for better. Can be ok, depending on who your boss is, and the location that you work in. If you get the wrong boss, then you can say goodbye to work/life balance. They expect you to do more than humanly possible selling ethically. The only ones that can make tons of money are the ones who are slamming/doing fraud. When employees get noticed for continual fraud, they are then terminated to make Sprint happy. If you are good at slamming customers and committing fraud, then you may be able to make some money for awhile here.
Pros
Slamming/fraud
Cons
Micromanagement and no work/life balance
Unrealistic Sales Goals, Disconnected Management, Invisible High Pressure Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 21, 2019
I have never made a commission after 11 months. I am good or above average at sales, retail included, however the small print to the conditions of achieving commissions are massive and negative, There are so many many qualifiers that can count against you and your monthly totals that are so absolutely out of an employees control that you have to be in an EXTREMELY high volume location and have enough luck that if you do make tons of big dollar sales at a heavy-traffic location, that not one person, item, accessory, plan, upgrade or account change is wrong, goes wrong, or is returned or exchanged because what ever the amount of the returned device ect. is valued at, that amount gets minused off your possible trending commission, not actual percentages and dollar amounts. None of it technical or logical or honest.
Pros
80 hours every 2 weeks - REQUIRED
Cons
pay, rules, pressure from corporate, flexibility in schedule, no customers....nothing to do: expect slamming and disparaging emails and texts from above all day
decent company
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 11, 2019
decent company , but needs to work on leadership in certain areas. florida market was amazing but the new york market left a lot to be expected. policies should be COMPANY WIDE.
Awful work place
LOCATION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 2, 2019
This job will sell you on how much you can make and tell you wonderful things in the beginning but none of it is true. This company has absolutely no loyalty to its employees. You could work here for years and are still completely replaceable to them. Reps will steal from the company and get away with it. Managers will put down other managers and no one will do anything about it. Harassment is a constant issue with no resolve. Honestly just a disgusting and awful place to work. Dont believe a word anyone tells you about this company. IT IS A JOKE!
terrible
worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 25, 2019
management is terrible, especially upper management. they do not care about employees. never appreciate the hard work the reps do and always complain do not work here. they are super ungrateful
Pros
nothing
Cons
ungrateful
A job to get you by
Location Manager/Certified Training Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2019
Not a good work environment to be a part of, upper management needs a change, goals are almost unreachable if you sell the right way. Real sales people know and understand that there is a difference between upselling and slamming (Fraud)
Pros
Flexible scheudle at times
Cons
No real time off the clock eben if your hourly
Go to get experience under your resume, but dont expect much more
Mgr (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 27, 2019
At first not a bad place to work.but in the last 2 yrs terrible pay and lots of promises...
And it's a buddy buddy system...Everything is 1 sales director,and he promotes people who he parties with....
Pros
Get experience of the retail world
Cons
Lot of broken promises...Buddy buddy system
Arch Telecom
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Arch Telecom is a larger retailer for Sprint. They are a small company, that cares about their employees. The culture is very family orientated. the most difficult part of the job is dealing with a small company mentality. You need approval for everything. which makes the job difficult at times
Pros
Fre Lunches
Not a nice experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 13, 2018
Didn’t have a nice experience here. If it wasn’t for my team that I really missed them. Go to corporate. More benefits and less BS. Bunch of fraud and poor customer service.
Pros
Events, Contests and Prizes
Cons
No life outside work, they don’t pay for meetings or conference calls
Hate it
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 9, 2018
Poor management ( district manager & director )
They require you to act like arch is your whole life and they get mad if you can’t come in to either cover a shift or help out on your day off. They yell for not hitting goal when there’s no customers coming in to even try.
Absolutely horrible
Location Manager/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NJ/NYC MarketJuly 27, 2018
Please listen carefully because I do not want anyone blindsided like I was! This company is trash , they lie, cheat and steal! Upper management is in a total disarray and they blame the employees for their incompetence. They switch district managers every month and then expect you to help train them. This company is noting more than a scam. Please go to corporate and do not fall into the trap of arch telecom. They say you will reach commission but you will not because it is always changing. STAY AWAY FROM ARCH TELECOM !
Pros
None !
It's a job
Senior Lead Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 25, 2018
It is what it is. The commison goal is a joke. must meet a certain amount of sales per hour but want you to work a bunch of hours. if you can get into corporate then do it instead. better benefits and les BS
Company was Great the Location Difficult
"Sales" (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WA 98221July 14, 2018
The company was great in that it offered plenty of incentives and promotional rep rewards and product knowledge for the representatives.

The location was difficult given the what I learned and understood as reception difficulties given the tower location and number of towers available for service to the customers.
Not the best job I've had, but it's OK if you like Sprint I guess
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJune 8, 2018
I used to be a supporter of sprints services but I've kind of scaled back since my most recent experience working with them and the third party entities that sold them minus Radioshack. That job I definitely miss, and I enjoy these kinds of work environments. However, the not-so ethical actions between a district professional and certain other store associates within that district definitely turned me off from the chances of moving up. Other than that I got along with the manager at the time and a few other associates.
Explained
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 31, 2018
My experience was a very good experience , I gotto learn to grow to be a Rep and also was excited to be a part of the sprint family and enjoy being a good sales rep
Overview
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 28, 2018
Great family atmosphere
room for advancement
nice commission structure
Offer benefits
good for out of college employment
endless opportunites
sales driven
Archtelecom is horrible
Sales (Current Employee) –  NyMay 15, 2018
Arch is a horrible place to work no vacation days will start u out at 8 n hour. If u make arch 4k you will get nothing. Horrible owners. Do not apply to arch you will regret it....Horrible from bottom to top.
Pros
CAN SLEEP when down time!
Cons
No life
Managment pushes but doesn't take blame for bad training
LOCATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 8, 2018
Push questionable sales! Then when they show up the company doesn't want to look out for what they trained you to do. But I did learn a lot and advance quick to make great money.
Good place to start.
Sales associate and technician specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAApril 4, 2018
Had a good time working for Arch, but had better job opportunity that I took. I still kNow somone I worked with working there and she got a good raise, and became a manager. So defiantly is room to grow if you are dedicated. She has been there for 6 years now.
Pros
good work force, manger was great
Cons
has very slow times, like.... very slow that you don't know what to do for straight 4 hours.
Sink Or Swim
Former Lead Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 11, 2018
With this company you either sink or swim.Can be difficult to have time for family and friends. Your job is often threatened doesn't matter if your'e a sales rep, manager, or even a district manager your job is ALWAYS on the line. The compensation can be very rewarding if you put in the work. They expect you to grind yourself into the ground. Even the marketing directors and upper management are constantly grinding them selves into the ground. If you have nothing else to live for beside grinding your self to death this job is for you. I have made pretty good money with this company if you can find a balance between your life and Arch this job can be great. I would still be working there till this day if things didn't go down the way they did because the money was great and i honestly enjoyed my job. I tried to find a balance with the company so i wouldn't grind myself into the ground but that was very difficult. The pay is great but it can effect your outside life with your friends and family. For me the job was ideal because all my friends were my co-workers im single with no kids and i live on my own. Till this day i am very good friends with people that work there. And as of right now all their jobs are on the line. But like i said the compensation is very rewarding. Give it a try. I can honestly say after working there my mindset has changed and i feel more confident in myself and more proactive, i procrastinate less and i have learned a lot from the culture. I guess the pros and cons balance themselves out depending on what kind of person you are. Last thing i have to  more... say is management and leadership in this company plays a big role in how fat your checks will be. if you have a great manager that can sell, and manage, and train you to understand the sales procedures, you will earn yourself some fat checks. But if no one around can properly train you how to put up these numbers YOU WILL CRASH AND BURN.  less
Pros
Great pay, learn valuable sales tactics, acquire valuable skills and improve your character.
Cons
Cut throat environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprint Store by ArchTelecom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9