Sprouts Farmers Market

Sprouts Farmers Market Employee Reviews

United States3,398 reviews
Found 3,398 reviews matching the search
Poor management communication
Up and coming company, expanding in new areas of the county. If you are willing to relocate advance can be very swift. With the expansions, they are trying to make a lot of changes to progress in the retail industry, leaving some confusion and disjointed communication of changes.
Keeping busy while in the store
It’s suitable for anybody would like a healthy living!!!!! Good people, work suitable, pay is good!!!
Good company to work for part time.

Hire for part time and full time employees.
Sprouts Farmers Market
The diversity of the company and the ability and willingness to work with customers. Making the customers feel comfortable. The level of customer service.
Most of the people I work with try their best
Everyone’s individuality determines the path that is there for them. How they choose to advance depends on work ethic, communication and customer service. A lot of hard work for minimal rewards
Employees deserve better
The longer I worked here, (Drake&Lemay location) the more apparent it became that management does not care about their employees, despite their claims. I would not recommend this job to anyone, unless you are in desperate need of a temporary job, and your expectations are low. The parking lot is not safe for women at night- if you suspect a manager is flirting with you, report it. You will be paid minimum wage for generally very demanding work.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great
It was a fun experience. I loved the people and how we encouraged each other to work harder. My managers were kind and helpful when I needed help with anything.
dead end job
I was there for 3 years. I was happy in the beginning. Wonderful people in management as well as other employees. As time went on many of the best people left. The Store manager had poor people skills and we lost many good people. My last 18 months was awful. I was targeted by management. No or low raises, less hours, paid newcomers more to start, favoratism, denied leave and retaliatory practices to make employee quit. Unemployment always denied the HR department did nothing when I filed a complaint. The HR rep went to the manager and told him what I said. Manager was eventually let go.
Genuinely a terrible company
I know it doesnt look good to talk poorly of previously employee's, but it's more important to me to warn others of how Sprouts is run. The company pays zero attention to its regular clerks and will dismiss very serious problems within departments when they are brought to the companies attention. The company intentionally overworks its managers so they are unable to properly manage departments and will only lidye. To the word of the gm. All of its stock is put in its managers, but sprouts is notorious for hiring some of the worst managers around. Multiple. Manamanagers I have worked for were fired for harrasment or negligence.
Tunnel Vision
All the big wigs care about is sales, sales and sales. Nobody respects internal or external hires. If you're an Assistant Manager you're basically labeled as the 4-person donkey breaking your back for a mere extra. Management is not about growth or training, it's about finding who to blame and instilling fear. Throw you under all the buses if necessary. If you're searching for an unhealthy work environment, come apply. Trust no one.
Close knit work environment.
This retail chain is a good place to work because the stores are smaller, thus making it easier to find products and it is easier to get to know the management team, who is always helping stock product.
Not horrible not the best.
Total sums it up. If your not in the "circle" then good luck! The manager's are great till you don't want to be apart of their gang. You're golden if you want to be fake.
Awful
Hands down one of worst managed companies I have ever been a part of. All kinds of favoritism in the stores and awful backstabbing managers. No guidance or training they just throw you in and hope for the best.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, work load
I was not satisfied with the company.
I was not treated fair. I was interested in making a career out of it but quickly had a change of mind. The pay was unfair and the supervision was terrible.
Do not work here
I was a meat manager for over a year before leaving. Upper management has no clue what they are doing at any of the nine stores I trained people at. The work load like slave labor compared to other companies I’ve worked for because there’s not near enough people in your department to begin with and the ones they do hire have no experience at all
stepping stone
i truly believe that the only difference--in most cases, not all--between someone making a lot of money and someone making not a lot of money is their level of confidence. what i'm trying to say is almost everyone who works these types of jobs are either in a place where they can't do much more due to circumstances (e.g. not having transportation, unexpected financial burdens, etc.) and/or selling themselves short. i'm definitely grateful to have a job, but i know i can do much better and so can you, whoever you are reading this. that said, if you are considering taking a job here as a stepping stone to get somewhere else, remember that your attitude makes all the difference! be happy where you are, and keep your eye on the goal you have chosen to pursue, knowing that genuine appreciation for all you have is one of the best ways to help you get where you want to go. sorry, you wanted to know the specifics of what it's like working here, but each person's individual experience is different, no matter what position/field/company. it all comes down to your own attitude and what you choose to make of it. be the best you can be no matter where you are.
Okay temporary job
This job is only good for a temporary position, perhaps as a student or if you’re in between jobs. I’ve worked here for over a year, and for about 80% of the time I’ve hated it.
There aren’t enough cashiers. Management gets upset when there are long lines, but they’re the ones who only have two cashiers scheduled, and not to mention NO courtesy clerks/baggers.

People who call in excessively never get disciplined, all the more so cashiers who already have 5 days a week get called in to work an extra day.

During the COVID19 pandemic, we were given small “bonuses” in lieu of a real raise.

That is all. If you don’t mind being taken advantage of and like to be stressed, this is the job for you.
retail work,
I had a micro managers as my dept manager, store directors worked with them to get employees to quite. often targeting the more senior employees. high turn over, six asst deli managers in 12 weeks.
RUN! Adrian will attack
Management is a ticking time bomb!
He yells and screams at the employees

The Two of them will lie to save one employee and roast the other depends what team your on

They work you off the clock and claim they dont know about it

HR is there ONLY to protect the interest of the company

They are unprofessional and bias
Sprouts is a great place to work that is respectful and rewarding.
Working at Sprouts Farmer’s Market is a great place to work. The company cares about it’s employees and has great communication throughout the store. There is always something to do and the company helps support a healthy Lifestyle.
Probably the worst leadership I've ever encountered
Any company that holds private meetings with the HR rep in public and in front of the rest of the store and management doesn't care about the issues

Apathetic management. Young, inexperienced dept managers.

The huge turnover in management is pretty indicative of the work environment.

Looks good.

It's not
Sprouts review
Honestly a great company, fair pay. My only complaint is not getting enough hours which I imagine is because there are so many employees. All of the managers are super easy going and flexible. Really solid company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.7
2.7
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sprouts Farmers Market.