Sprouts Farmers Market
56Below average

Sprouts Farmers Market Employee Reviews

United States3,418 reviews
Found 3,418 reviews matching the search
Heading says it all. Mainly depends on how the store is ran and management. I would recommend this job more for college students or if you want some side cash. There are opportunities for job growth here, but it will take some years. Co-workers are all cool. Management for the most part is also. Overall, it's a pretty laid-back work environment.
Pros
Store discounts, flexible work hours, great co-workers
Cons
Pay is the same for nearly every department, no matter how much work you have
Devious management. Not truly out for what’s best for store and customers but for themselves, especially the Store Manager and his favorite people. Not just my opinion-the prior reviews are spot on.
Cons
too much confusion all the time..working in total chaos all the time Management was awful. A typical day was more work than hours. I learned about natural products. The culture was very negative. The hardest part of the job was dealing with managment.
Pros
Cons
horrible management
I have been working for about 4 years and I work hard. I do not get compensated for it . I ask i get sugar coated,can never get a straight answer just overall don't like the dishonesty
Pros
good part time place
Cons
terrible full time unless you are a manager
They have un achievable goals, and do not compensate well. Managers do not help and will hold you accountable for things you did not do. I dont know what else to say. This is only for high school graduates just looking for an extra buck.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I can't speak for all Sprouts location, because I love this store. The location I worked at was very unprofessional. The training was terrible. Managers were unreliable. It was a very hostile and uneasy atmosphere due to lack of management. Too many chiefs not enough Indians .Very low morale work environment.
Not good to employees , hr is only there for manglers most are lazy and unqualified you don’t promote on merits only if they choose to let you in tnier cult
Pros
Good products reasonable prices easy sales
Cons
I kept getting the run around by multiple manager's about how they were waiting on my results to come in which took 1 month and my background check was ran OVER 12 times!! I could of started much sooner working....
Pros
Cons
Long hiring period, hiring manager
I worked here for nearly two years as a "Courtesy Clerk". While working at sprouts I noticed there was a very high turn-over rate. My main complaints for sprouts was the lack of incentive there was, Hard to get a reasonable raise, and the disorganization within the work distributed among each sprouts member. I made many friends while working here I am sure that you will find that there are some really awesome people that work here.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Nice managers, Good sandwhiches
Cons
The wage per hour is very low if you plan on staying for a while (Not worth it in my opinion)
I worked food retail for Vons as my very first job at it was a good learning experience but an awful job experience, so I was at first very skeptical and guarded about working at Sprouts Farmers Market, but I was incredibly and pleasantly surprised by the differences between my two experiences.

At Sprouts I feel valued and respected as an employee, and everyone talks and makes an effort to get along with everyone else; our managers and store director regularly make an effort and point to talk to us about how our shifts are going, if there's any questions or concerns of ours, and what they can do to help us (or help us to help ourselves) do our job better.

I was still in college when I started at Sprouts, and the reason I stuck with them was the flexibility of scheduling. No questions were asked when I requested that I cannot work on the days I have class, and every single day I didn't have class I was fully available, and I got good hours on those days. Also, I could talk with managers and/or the store director about my tests and finals dates, and they would give me the Sunday before those particular weeks off.

I love working for Sprouts, have learned so much about customer service, interpersonal communication, product stocking and handling, and professional business communications; I would highly recommend working for Sprouts Farmers Market.
Overall, I did not have a positive experience working with this company. Also, being outside for the majority of the day during the Texas summer pushing carts around is exhausting. My coworkers were friendly and out of the 5 managers, 2 were friendly consistently.
Very good . Nice people , good environment. Fast paced. Learning something new everyday. Friendly staff. Easy to approach and to go to for questions or concerns
Work is pretty straight forward and get most the job done fairly quickly. Only been there a few months but will see how things go moving forward. Pushing to move up the ladder.
Pros
Great workers, awesome managers.
Cons
Early in times
I enjoyed working there the environment was nice people were nice and the crew I worked with was always looking for the best interests in the store and the other coworkers.
the job it's self is fast pace, not bad. But depending on the management, it wasn't the best. Some of the mangers are very unprofessional and childish.
Pros
15% discount decent pay
Cons
poor management
Toxic employees get away with everything. HR/management won’t fire anyone. Company rules and regulations are not enforced. Management has been there 20+ years so there is no room for growth unless you plan on moving state to state. Even with employee discounts employees can’t afford to shop here. In comparison other grocery stores pay a lot more.
Sprouts is always hiring and always opening new stores. It's a great place to get your foot in the door and work your way up the ladder. There is always advancement opportunities!
It’s what you put into it, and depends a lot on leadership/management and their ability to run a store with an ever changing culture. Company at times ask to much from areas of stores to try and innovate the business but doesn’t invest in the areas they don’t think will need assistance with labor or equipment which affects team moral and give nothing really for management to pass down to their crews.
Pros
flexible hours for team, multiple locations, travel opportunity
Cons
Insufficient pay, lack of trained management, culture
During my time at Sprouts, I learned that dedication to a job well done pays dividends. Managers excel at recognizing hard work and define what it means to bring opportunity to their employees. If you work hard and are dedicated to doing your job well, you will go far, and go far quickly.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Compensation slightly undesirable at lower levels
Been working with the company for 3 years, and in that time I have had 2 promotions. Recently they have been hiring new hires with no experience at $15. I make $16... I asked for a raise to get to a rate that fairly compensated me. The manager said yes. It’s now been 5 months, and I still haven’t seen that raise. When I say something to the manager I just get told it’s “pending approval.” If you value your time and effort apply elsewhere.
Pros
Coworkers are alright
Cons
Huge favoritism amongst managers
I loved Sprouts but they have work to do. Managemeny in store was always coming out of pocket to compensate their employees and it fely like Corporate just cared about numbers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight