Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Found 2,041 reviews matching the search See all 2,044 reviews
Harassment but good pay / labor ratio
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, CASeptember 16, 2018
The managers their regularly harass their employees but everyone on the crew was very nice and hard working. The pay was average for the area cost of living and there are quarterly bonuses but no raises. You can move up but it's never worth and management was a revolving door. They didn't want to hear anything out if you ask about the open door policy which was a total fraud.
Pros
Star cards are $5.00 vouchers
Cons
Terrible management attitude
Managers are Hit or Miss
Courtesy Clerk, Grocery/Dairy Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO and Greeley, COSeptember 15, 2018
I worked at two Sprouts Farmers Markets, one was great, it was relaxed, all the employees and managers were nice and helpful and they listened to my availability. I worked there for a year and a half. Occasionally a negative manager would be hired (which made my life more difficult sometimes). However overall I loved that Sprouts. However once I transferred the new Sprouts took far longer than it was supposed to to implement me into their system, completely ignored my availability, and tried to put me into a position I was highly uncomfortable with. Not to mention they often scheduled me the day of and called me telling me that I needed to work in less than 30 minutes. Needless to say I made sure that I did not work there for long.
Pros
Good Coworkers and a Relaxed Environment
Cons
Hit or Miss
Poor management
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 15, 2018
They don't care about the individual, they will cut hours take you off the schedule at their convenience. They expect to to be dependable but they're not a dependable employer.
Over worked and under paid.
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85719September 15, 2018
At Sprouts I started as a full time employee in the dairy department. It was a great job and everyone like working there. Then we got a new store manager who sets unrealistic expectations, will cut peoples hours or completely take them off the schedule if he doesn't think you are working hard enough even though you are giving it your best. Which is what happened to me and now I am going from working 40 hours a week to just working 1 day, even though he knows I just moved out on my own and need the hours. I do take it personal but it could all come down to the change that recently just happened up in corporate. Its not the worst place to work for but there is a reason it was listed as the 6th worst company to work for in America.
Archaic work life balance
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Corporate folks are treated the same as the part time store folks. There is no remote working. There is no tuition reimbursement. There are very few paid holidays. The 401 K plan is minimal. No fitness reimbursement. The company needs to be more progressive in its culture if it wants to retain educated employees.
Great company & fast growing environment
Back up Administrator Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2018
NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH Sprouts Farmers Market, perfect for those who want to grow and start a career in the grocery business. Good benefits, flexible ours.
Lackluster
Courtesy Clerk / Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 13, 2018
Depending on management, some workdays are bearable. The location of the store can also be a factor, but overall it's their lack of decent management that makes this company lackluster to work for. They could careless about the wellbeing of their employees, so much so that they'll be passive aggressive enough to force anyone they don't "like" to quit. It's really childish and a shame to see a big company like this be run my immature louses.
Productive and work with cool energetic people
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CASeptember 13, 2018
I worked in the bakery as a morning baker mostly. early morning hours. My job was to pull shrink, bake bread and pastry before a certain time. Good part about my day was i worked with cool individuals that i called friends after getting to know them and i got to go home early haha. Bad part about working in the bakery was having to be there at 3am. Most enjoyable part of my day was helping customer find what they were looking for and making there day that much better, It would put a smile on my face. I love helping people out. The managers were always on top of whats going on in every department. No discrimination, I've seen lots of people come and go wasn't because the job sucked it just ended up being to much for them to handle, its not for everybody.
Pros
15% food discount
Cons
short breaks, long days
Positive Experience
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CASeptember 12, 2018
I had a great experience while working for Sprout's! I learned valuable skills including produce and deli experience. The culture was positive and the products were very affordable!
Fun workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 11, 2018
Sprouts is very fun and competitive. Wish I didn’t have to leave. Managers and co workers are very nice. The managers are very flexible so no need to worry about that
Productive and fun but felt like high school.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 11, 2018
Great job but between the rumor mill and management's poor choices, it constantly felt like things weren't getting done due to someone being upset. other than that, it was a good place.
Pros
always received breaks
Cons
drama
Sprouts Can't Compete
N/A (Current Employee) –  UTSeptember 10, 2018
Sprouts is a growing company that is large enough to pay people a fair wage and provide better benefits but doesn't, and fails in many other areas. The people you work with in the stores are usually awesome, but are under constant stress from upper management (beyond store management) and usually don't last long because the pay/benefits are not nearly enough to cover cost of living or make it worth staying.
Pros
Discounts, healthy living
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Upper Management, organization
Sprouts Farmers Market
Inventory Control Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXSeptember 10, 2018
The Workplace is okay but management is not really open to hear new ideas.
Unless you like working long hours please do not work here. The Training program only consists of just 1 days training before being sent on your own. Not enough training. Period!!!
Terrible store management
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 10, 2018
These store managers are fake and talk behind their own employees back. Instead of helping their employees to improve they tell the ones they like and down them for their job. I have never seen so many people quit or just leave because of the management.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Store management is terrible and play favoritism
Working conditions
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 10, 2018
Sprouts is so behind the times. They work you like a dog and pay you nothing. I went through 7 grocery managers in a years time. Yet I was never offered the position with my 25 years experience. They say one thing and another
Sprouts is a fast paced workplace
Vitamin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasSeptember 9, 2018
Sprouts is a very productive workplace and fast paced . The atmosphere is nice for the most part and employees have a good time. I like the managers at sprouts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Only 30 mins for lunch break and 15 min short break
Great Emoloyees
Bookkeeping, Receiving, Scan, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 9, 2018
The one thing i took away from Sprouts was all of the amazing employees i was able to work with. My Sprouts team was in a way my second family. There was a BUNCH of drama though, exactly like highschool which was annoying. Some managers cared about employees, but then other had no idea what they were doing.
The turn over rate at Sprouts was very fast. Not a lot of people took their job seriously.
Pros
employees
Cons
everything
Not good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Culture is pushed in the wrong ways. Too much being faked and its turning people off. Working more people at part time levels doesn't work and tags on more work to the management team. Time for change Sprouts.
Pros
Not a whole lot.
Cons
Benefits need to be better, cheaper on the outside but more on the inside, example $150 for a blood test
Management & Work Culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2018
First Store Manager, stupendous. Second Store Management, self-preserving.. rocky start. Work culture totally shifted between one management to the next.

All about good leadership and a supportive network!
It’s an ok job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 6, 2018
Ringing up customers groceries, greets customers , the pay is good depending on how long you been in retail , cut hours a lot . Best sprouts is a great company to work for .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
2 15 minutes breaks and one 30

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sprouts Farmers Markets.

Powered by Comparably