Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,772 reviews matching the search See all 1,775 reviews
Productive environment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAMay 21, 2018
Sprouts Farmers Market was my first job, I gave it my all. The management was very good to me and the customers are some what polite. I learned a lot about being organized.
fun but not worth the time
clerk (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 21, 2018
When I first started working here, we were promised 25 hours average for part time workers. and boy did we get that- but only for two weeks. My hours went from 25 hours, to 18/week. They went from 18 to 12. then for a solid 4 months I was only scheduled one day a week for 6 hours. I was barely able to pay my car insurance! I switched to a different department and hours got a little better. But the general management of that store(34) was three star at best. One of them yelled at me in front of customers for something i absolutely did not do. That was the last straw. Regardless of my bad experiences I did like the people who I worked with. They were all so nice and friendly and i'm better for knowing them.
Fast paced company that is going downhill
Senior Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMay 21, 2018
i worked here during school and stayed per other personal reasons. the company does not show care for your indidivual self, management is the only one given credit for what happens at the store for audits and making goals. wages are low due to no grocery union. company is growing and showing good life, but yet continue to have no show for job growth internally, or action to be better, only to make excuses and seem that is a possibility.
Pros
meet people both customers and employees, your around food
Cons
low wages, stressful, mentally and sometimes physically draining
Deli
Deli (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 20, 2018
At the Carlsbad, Ca location I was quickly made to Juice Bar manager which was great. Hard work but enjoyed it. In Roseville I did straight deli and sometimes meat department. Am a vegetarian and was looking to get transferred to another department. No openings. The management tried and let me know on any options. Nice people.
Pros
Management was receptive.
Cons
The schedule was rough in the deli as people often quit, Would work long hours alone. Could manage but was hard to keep people in the department.
Relaxed Company. Good Customer Service Relations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2018
I learned about Cooperate Company Structures and Operations.
Through Management and company policies. The company takes pride in delivering the best possible products to their customers.
Pros
Good Scheduling
Productive and fun workplace
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 19, 2018
A typical day at work usually consisted of packaging all the breads and pastries from the previous baker who goes home after you come in. Work entirely by yourself stocking shelves, then prepare breads and pastries for the baker the next morning. I learned a lot about the different breads and pastries. My bakery manager was down to earth and would always help you out with getting days off for family functions. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the freezer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job itself.
Pros
discounts, management, isolation
Cons
full time benefits only
Sprouts
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMay 18, 2018
Sprouts in Flagstaff was great. The employees were friendly, the environment was comfortable. The discount was decent, they always had food for the employees, and they took care of us like a team. Besides having to do carts in the snow, and having to close one day because of the rain, every day was enjoyable. (The location is Phoenix, on the other hand, was grim, they didn't smile as much, they didn't seem to feel like a family. Also, I had to sit in the parking lot and follow people for their carts because people had stolen them, and they tried to get me to go across the street to an apartment complex to retrieve them.)
good people to work with
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 18, 2018
flexible schedule, nice people, work shoes, work shirts provided salary is average, they give you a discount on store purchases, management is nice. room for advancement
blank
Bakery Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMay 18, 2018
its a good place but i cant ask for days off due to not having enough coverage, they never hire enough people, and lots of work for one person to handle,
not a very fun place to work at
Vitamin Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
i already had management experience from working at whole foods market for 12 years.
stocking shelves
learned about natural supplements
poor work environment

dealing with the inconsistencies of management

helping people with their health
Productive had a good Payroll Director
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  5500 E High StreetMay 17, 2018
Weekly payroll which was nice.
I learned to work in a fast paced environment.
Culture was good.
Supervisor too controlling couldn't even go to lunch with coworkers.
Some on my coworkers were nice we worked well together.
Pros
Culture and benefits and store employee discount
Cons
Supervisor too controlling most of the time upset
dont do it
clerk (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAMay 17, 2018
coworkers were nice, but that's it. management will work you to death, like making you work closing shift and have you open the next day . turnover rate is crazy high. basically id stay away, there is way better out there.
Nice workplace
Bulk clerk (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 17, 2018
Generally a pleasant work environment. Team members try helping one another. Department supervisors and store managers usually are available for questions or help.
Decent
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 16, 2018
Normal entry level job nothing to complain about. Only thing poor management- managers weren't communicating with each other- poor communication amongst management.
Pros
10% off groceries
Cons
poor communication
Its retail, they're all the same.
Vitamins Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 16, 2018
Sprouts was great when it first opened here in Norman, I loved it and so did everyone else. When the company went public, however, that's when pay went down and they chopped everyone's hours and benefits, and began digging for reasons to run everyone off who was paid too much, but also in general. Management can be pretty horrible.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
OK if you NEED employment. Poor management with lack of product knowledge and very slow on any sort of promotion or raise.
Vitamin Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 16, 2018
This is a much better place to shop then to work at. The scheduling is inconsistent and most of the management is unaware of the majority of products sold in-store. There is little to no job culture, just more of a temporary place for many and the morale is pretty low.
Pros
Good people, weekly pay, insurance, quality products.
Cons
Scheduling, hours cut from schedule, poor upper management (good ol boys club), low to average pay
Great for a highschooler living with their parents. No one else.
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78745May 15, 2018
Items scanned per minute and produce memory tests were the golden standard for cashiers. There were zero instances of a front end worker getting Employee of the month in any employee's memory, even the one that's been there for longer than the location has been a Sprouts, despite the employees' general acknowledgment that front end was the hardest job on the floor. The cashiers answered phones, got the brunt of every complaint about expiration dates and poorly stocked or organized shelves and handled the returns for things like rotted chicken, pork, beef, and fish and were constantly targeted by Short Changers. We were not adequately supplied with things like floormats for the 8-hour shift on our feet in one spot and one of the managers at that time was so incompetent at handling the registers that he repeatedly got cashiers fired for his own money-handling mistakes that couldn't be specifically traced to his log-ins. Only work here if you don't pay rent or bills.
Pros
Discount
Cons
short breaks or no breaks, inadequate management.
Wonderful place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 15, 2018
Absolutely loved to work for this company. Amazing management and staff!! Fun and exciting work environment with loads of opportunity for advancement!!
Publicly traded
Vitamin Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 14, 2018
Publicly traded - used to be privately owned and was all about the culture, employees, family, etc. not like that at all now. It's about becoming automated, less employees, more work, less hours, more deadlines.
Fun workplace i just want more advancement opportunity
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 14, 2018
I have worked here for 5 years I really enjoy it however at this time i feel i am ready for more advancement and more opportunity. It really is a Great place to work we are like family here.
Pros
Discounts, fun place to work
Cons
Pay is not good for the work done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sprouts Farmers Markets.

Powered by Comparably