Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,901 reviews matching the search See all 1,904 reviews
fun work place
Bagged (Former Employee) –  el cajon caJuly 18, 2018
overall i had a good experince at sprouts friendly people to work with was sad to have to leave the manger was amazing the other employees were also really cool to work with sprouts farmers market is a place i would work at again .
Sprouts was enjoyable but highly competitive
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJuly 17, 2018
Each day was a rush, you were expected to preform at your max for your entire shift. Management was a bit biased on who they would let advance in the work place, you just had to be on their good side. It was fun to work with the coworkers but the duties put a lot of stress on the body, leaving you sore till the next day.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers and Discounts
Cons
If you can handle disrespect go for it
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 17, 2018
Smh but I love what Sprouts represents. The people that carrying out the duty of keeping it great if they love it they should let it go. It's nasty they hired people that don't care about people or clean food. They sweep things under the rug like what really happens to the food or how rude they really are to people. They falsify documents. I wouldn't eat out the deli unless I see God bless it. If you speak up about things being nasty flies mating on the food and crawling everywhere you become a problem. Everyone one is lazy except the the 4 Core and a few select that get overlooked. Sad sad sad place.
Benefits
Cons
No respect, you might be selling dirty food
Sprouts
Senior Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2018
It depend on who you are at Sprouts they can be very bais at time. I could not stand the manger I work with he was very arrogant.
A typical day at Sprouts the always short handed, I learned lot about the grocery business working their.
The hardest part was some time you would not get breaks cause you would fill the pressure to finish to go home and get out that place.
They did try to recogznize they employess by give free lunches at times.
Pros
one get paid once a week
Cons
watch out for the people who act like are mangers and keep the mess going
Great company, but very corporate
Head Cashier / AC (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2018
Fun work place with good values. Very relaxed and understanding. Sometimes managers lack knowledge. Wages are not always fair. No overtime is allowed. Hours for the following work week are based on last weeks sales. Hours can be inconsistent.
not enough hrs for workload
Bakery Manager/Stepped (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 16, 2018
Not happy with direction with the company. When I started they were the 3rd best company to work for. Now they are the 6th worst. They have restructured upper management and demoted everyone
Pros
discount
Cons
over work their staff
Wonderful Work Environment
Herbal Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJuly 16, 2018
This is a company who works around schedules of kids in college and who also works with the people just wanting to grow in a growing company. Many promotions and tends to be like a healthy family environment.
Fun workplace
Butcher (Current Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAJuly 16, 2018
The job itself isn't difficult, the employees are nice but there is a lot of turn over due to lack of advancement/ opportunity. I would definitely recommend the job to someone in between work or as a side job but if its your only means of income it can be difficult
Pros
15% - 25% off shopping
Cons
lack of advancement
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 16, 2018
I worked here for a summer job. It was horrible. Management would get mad at you lots of things like not being fast enough and being nice to customers. They literally wanted to brainwash the corporate culture into your head. Also one of the head cashiers would treat everyone poorly. If you want to be treated like a slave then work here. Otherwise stay away.
Pros
Cons
Breaks, Manaement, Work hours
Nice environment
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJuly 15, 2018
I love the store. Really big. Not for everyday foods. It’s for healthy people. I cleaned a lot. Great juice bar and deli and protein bars. I love the beer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cleaned and carts were hard to push.
Bad management with the best people
Grocery Clerk, Dairy clerk (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 12, 2018
It's sad to say that your favorite local grocery store is a disorganized, neglegent mess. But even sadder still is the few stars in that company that run the day to day operations that are stuck in a rut. Who, when they worked hard to move up into a better position are told by the store manager that they need to step down to there old position and take a pay cut. Or placing one person in charge of an entire department and not giving them a promotion, no training, no help, and lofty expectations. Scheduling employees in your department and having them work in other departments because the other department doesn't have the hours.... Just stay away...
Pros
The amazing people you may get to know
Cons
Poor pay, hours, and managerial neglect
it was not the best environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 12, 2018
The sprouts I worked at did not have the best management. Hours were steadily getting cut due to them hiring more people then we needed at our store location.
It was fun
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 12, 2018
there is nothing more to say the store and two assistant store managers were amazing even my three meat managers and two coworker were the absolute best kind of people
Pros
15% off everything not including sales
Cons
too many chiefs not enough indians
was once a good company
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 11, 2018
was once a good company to work for, being forced to work overnights/grave yard shift for the past year in a department manager position without being able to get off overnights. I'm unable to advance in the company and unable to step down to a different position. I know I'm a valuable asset but now it's to the point where I'm unhappy, physically and mentally drained due to being short staffed and struggle to sleep during the day hours.
High paced, productive work environment.
Assistant Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2018
Daily tasks would include setting full service meat and seafood cases, cutting and wrapping all meat for self service case, creating production lists for all staff, placing orders for all product needs, reviewing and receiving all incoming product, maintain a clean and safe work environment and consistent quality customer services.

The management was fairly hands off with many situations, but managed product quality and integrity.

It was a very physical job that included throwing product loads of 3500 + pounds 4 to 5 times a week.

I loved the high volume and customer servic
Pros
Good pay, lots of opportunity for advancment and 20% discount on all employee purchases
Cons
very physical
fun place to work
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CA 92374July 10, 2018
work is not that hard or stressful, great co-workers
management is easy-going
casual dress code- jeans with no holes, tennis shoes, t shirt
15% discount and quarterly employee appreciation weeks
Pros
discout
Sprouts Farmers Market had a positive vibe!
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2018
Working at Sprouts is like going to Disneyland everyday. The people are fun and very graceful. The hardest part of the job is working with the refrigerator and freezer. It can get really cold in there. Other than that, I don't know if a job could get any easier!
Pros
15% off shopping in the store.
Cons
Freezing in the fridge!
Great place to sharpen management skills
Lead Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Paradise, AZJuly 9, 2018
I was given a growth position in low level management. Learned a whole lot about inventory control and high quality food service. I was repeatedly recognized for team cohesion, attention to detail, quality and safety control, and overall appearance and cleanliness.
Pros
team and team effort is stressed and recognized.
Cons
long hours.
Be Careful With Sprouts Farmers Market
Receiver Account Manager/ Dairy Frozen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2018
I have nothing bad to say with the company but the Management crew the have in positions are our for theirselves. You will be giving the Standard of Sprouts from day one but quickly you will find out that it is not up held at all. No one wants to help build a team. That's the truth. The company is Awesome though just some people can ruining what they are trying to build.
Fun working envoriment
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2018
Working for Sprouts is a fun place to work I enjoy the people and my co workers. I learned how to drink and eat healthy changing my eating habbits. I went 2 months vegan. It was different but i felt more energy when I was on duty. It was a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight