Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Found 2,332 reviews matching the search See all 2,339 reviews
Fun and honest work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TX 75094March 18, 2019
- typical day included pushing carts, bagging groceries and taking out the trash
- I learned customer skills, stocking items and janitorial duties
- Head cashier watched over me in addition to a manager
- Kind employees and welcoming environment
-hardest part of the job was during the busy hours and i had to juggle pushing carts, cleaning and putting back items
- Most enjoyable part of the job was my employees, never have i met a group of great, honest and hard working individuals
Pros
great people, welcoming and honest work
Cons
worked mostly by myself
This is not a company for advancements. Management could be better.
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2019
Any question, whether it’s about hours, pay raise or serious concern, is always answered with “I’ll look into it.” Management is unreliable. They have Zero follow through.
Pros
Discounts. Flexiable schedule, perfect for students.
Cons
Management. Hours. Position. Yearly pay increase reviews.
pretty fun workplace
Assistant Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinole, CAMarch 17, 2019
face paced grocery store with a lot of internal job offerings around the year. opportunity to move into different departments and grow not only knowledge but experience in the grocery industry.
Poor Management and Poor Core Beliefs of the Company
Vitamin Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMarch 16, 2019
The company is only interested in you if you plan to be their slave the rest of your life. If this would be a stepping stone for you, they will treat you like trash and laugh at you as they step all over you. Don't even think about management if you have ANY other commitments in your life.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Everything else
An awful job
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 14, 2019
This is probably the worst place I've ever worked, like it's worse than amazon. They have a stupid inventory system where they just put whatever they have in whatever box they have. So whenever you are stocking the shelves and open a box of mayonnaise, it could be mayo or it could be crackers (which it's usually not mayo). Next, they make you climb up in the back with little to no safety rails so you could fall from about 20 feet and get seriously injured. They also pick on the new people and will write new people up for anything, even if you are doing better than your other co-workers as they usually slack off while you do all the work. Also, remember how I talked about bad inventory; yeah they over order things that don't need to go out which leads to having 50 boxes of the same chip flavor, taking up the little shelf room you actually have in the back. AVOID THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS!
Pros
Cons
dangerous, unorganized mess, lazy managers/co-workers
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2019
Great job. Everyone was nice and worked as a team. You felt treated like a person not a workhorse. Fun competitions for gift cards sometimes too. Good place to work.
Laidback, fun environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMarch 14, 2019
Customers are usually very polite and coworkers get along. Managers are knowledgeable and the 10 percent discount is pretty great. Watch out for the deli, some of them dont put much effort into making a sandwich
Pros
7th sandwich you order is free, food is cheap there
Cons
Almost no chance of overtime or pay raise, only parttime jobs
Okay entry level job. Definitely not long term
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMarch 14, 2019
Courtesy Clerk position is the lowest and you are treated like it. You help every other position but no help is ever returned. All the dirty work a lot of physical labor. A typical day in the life is a 8 hour shift where each hour you must sweep the entire store, clean the bathrooms, take all the trash out, and fetch all the carts in the parking lot manually no machine to help. Only receive minimum wage and 10 percent off, when other positions make more and get 15 or 20 percent off.
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
Cons
Short breaks, Little benefits, Low Pay
Too many Chief's
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  CLEARWATER, FLORIDAMarch 14, 2019
I interviewed with the store manager. I told him I could only work 20 to 24 hours a week, because I was taking care of my parents. He said the first 2 weeks will be busy, because it's the grand opening. 5 weeks later, I'm still working 32 to 40 hours, and every week was a different day and time. The schedule comes out late Friday, for the next week, which never gave me enough time to schedual appointments. They don't train you. They just expect that you know what you're doing. Don't expect to be trained.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Everything except the people you work with.
Horrible Management
Assistant Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAMarch 14, 2019
Management will hire any person willing to except the cheapest wage. They put people in positions that have no idea what they are doing. If you are full time you will never work 40 hours. You will never work an 8 hour shift in a day.
Management is horrible to only the good employees
Bakery Asst.Manager (Former Employee) –  OremMarch 13, 2019
They need to investigate these managers I quit and they never have given me my last pay they put some of it on a card and put my birthdate in wrong on purpose so I won't get paid my last days worth of work. They didn't even include my unused vacation pay that everyone gets when they leave this awful place. They hired two people to replace all the hard work I was doing, but said at the time that I was to do it all. Liars. Good luck winning Irish Soda Bread Contest I did it alone one year. I got nothing for it. Worked my butt off. So you would look good. How does it feel sitting up there, management. I hope all of you fail at all your endeavors you don't deserve the pay nor job titles you have. You should be investigated I told HR and they are just covering for you.
Pros
? I didnt have any pros. Only cons hard work and nothing to show for it
Cons
Managers are very manipulative and lie.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 13, 2019
Working with the customer was a joy. Management levels were never on the floor dealing with customer needs unless paged.
Scheduling was a issue once time off requests were granted then employees were scheduled anyway.
You’re a slave to the corporation, a cog in the machine.
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 12, 2019
Don’t get me wrong at the start things seem easy, but sure enough over time you’re pretty much on your own dealing with a range of problems. They expect you to work like you’re 2 people and shifts are always understaffed with people always not showing up. The management was decent and I had respect for them but there are some of those lazy few workers that make things bad for the few that work hard. Plus the amount of expectations they have for you are always unrealistic given that you are constantly on your feet without much time to catch your breath. Im still working here but I will be quitting soon. Avoid this place if you can you will hate it.
Pros
%15 employee discount on purchases
Cons
Short breaks, unrealistic expectations, lazy co-workers
Workplace was fantastic management wasnt
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAMarch 9, 2019
I originally loved this job and everything about it but as time went along and I kept asking about advancement opportunities I kept getting blown off or ignored and even berated or ridiculed for seeking to grow in a company that I actually enjoyed working in but as I kept working there I was forced to do more and more menial task that weren't part of my job description nor required
Pros
10% discount on food
Cons
Called to work even during my break or my lunch
Not recomended
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 9, 2019
I worked for the company for many years never got recognized for my hard work had to watch higher-ups do the minimum while the lowers did the maximum management does nothing about complaints or concerns management did not encourage teamwork nobody was on the same page it was just a very uncaring environment not a good experience if you're the type of person that takes advantage of your company and wants to do the bare minimum while management pretends not to see THAT, and gets paid for it, sprouts is your job!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No recognition for advancement
no hours
clerk (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 7, 2019
When I was hired i was promised full time hours, later i was told that i was only guaranteed 32 hrs a week in my position .Every week I have to remind my department manager that he has to give me at least 32 hrs or I'll get less. A lot of people have left the store for other jobs. No one I work with is happy and they constantly talk about leaving. We are getting less hours to work but we are expected to do the same amount of work or more because we have been loosing employees left and right.
courtesy clerk
Courtesy Clerk (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 7, 2019
It's depend on Schedule and work 25 hours a week. Carts Attendance, stocking, and cleaning. helping others. doing bagging. produces. Meat cutter and help customers.
Interesting Co-Workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2019
Days are eventful! This job produces little stress even in my own position as a full-time student. Management is reasonable for the most part since hours were flexible.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Terrible management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 6, 2019
Always low on supplies and short on staff which makes twice the work for you. Managers make promotion sound exciting but it never happens. It’s an easy job but a lot of work.
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Poor management
a job
Assistant Grocery Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 5, 2019
not what i hoped it would be. Not dissimilar from my last same industry job,but a lot of miscommunicated information that made for an uncomfortable working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss