Sprouts Farmers Markets Employee Reviews

Found 2,190 reviews matching the search See all 2,194 reviews
Fun Work Place
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 17, 2018
My time working here at Sprouts was really fun, I also learned a lot about customer service. The workers at Sprouts are hard workers that love to interact with the customers and with their co workers,
Store 917 Towson
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215December 14, 2018
Bad Upper Management..need to say no more...really they cut throat and cheat people out...the company is good I believe the culture is fun but they turned it into a mess definitely want what I expected
Pros
Good department management team
Cons
Bad Upper Management
Fine
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, NYDecember 13, 2018
it was just fine, thank you. I got carts and picked up trash. I was useful and every body wanted me to work in there department with them. Sprouts was clean because of me
quick paced, fun, interesting place to work
Vitamin Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2018
This is a fast-paced job. Pretty fun place to work. Staff and management were above par.... Not much flexibility with scheduling... quick growth / cross - training within company
Pros
discount for employees and family
Cons
not much schedule flexability
Very nice place to work at
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 12, 2018
Hard to get hours here mangers dont seem to care for the employees just about there bonus and when the bosses come in that everything looks nice so they just start yelling at everyone.
Was not horrible
Deli Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 12, 2018
I will be honest Sprouts is a wonderful place for college students because in my experience they pay more than fast foods low pay mostly they will pay you at least 9 to 10 an hours. They also do pretty well working with your schedule...however if you looking for 40 hours a week forget it! Unless you are a senior or manager you won't get full time hours and they will cut hours during slower times of the year...i live in a college town so it got sort of slow during summer and at times during holidays like everywhere else where i live unless you work for a major retail cooporation. The perks are cool you get 15 percent discount on anything which is not bad, uniforms are free and if management is happy they give you "star cards" which is basically a 5 dollar gift certificate for anything except alcohol, free uniforms, and they offer benefits pretty quickly provided you work enough hours, they very competitive based with hours especially if you are a cashier so if you do your job well they will make it worth your time from my experience at my store in Norman, Oklahoma.
Pros
Discounts, free uniforms, guaranteed breaks, weekly pay
Cons
Not getting 40 hours a week
Management should improve
Cashier & Stocker (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 12, 2018
There is obvious favoritism especially if they are related to management. A girl from the scan office got her brother in as a cashier he would get so many hours and more pay then everyone that they would send us home early so he may hit his 40
Pros
Good pay and weekly
Cons
Needs to be more organized and be equal
not a grocer to work for if your looking for longevity in the work place
Senior Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CADecember 11, 2018
Management is horrid throughout this company, while staff suffers from constant hour cuts and new hires during hour shortages.
There's no support for the little guy no matter how hard you work or what you put into the company and it's shown by the division of benefits by placing staff in to tier brackets. In example around holidays (paid holiday time) and department bonuses and pay wages.

The pay scale throughout this company is laughable considering a newly appointed meat cutter can be paid more then a manager with no where near any amount of the same responsibilities held ( with respects to the program the cutter has to go through to use the meat saw). The company will hire people past maxed position pay scale and refuse to raise the pay of another maxed out associate to that same level withing the same position. The higher you start withing sprouts the better your are.

They do not support growth from within or respect Law regulations like equal opportunity by hiring individuals in position before interviewing everyone who's applied. As well as punish people for mistake that should be clearly resolved by management(failing to schedule lunch coverage or refusing to supply coverage when notified about the shortage before hand allowing staff to take lunches on time without meal violations then reprimanding said staff saying it's there responsibility to take there lunch/breaks on time when there's no provided coverage or if they do take there lunch and disregard the department then it's for them leaving the department unattended.While Granting non salary based management
  more... a pass when they pass there 5 hour for meal violations.

Somehow a single grocery clerk can work 3 departments by them self without a cross trained pay increase incentive. management/hr refusing to do anything about select female customers that sexually harass male employees saying that a man should be able to handle himself in situations like that but doing the exact opposite when it's a woman in the same situation. the list goes on and on sadly
my co-workers were nice but the pay sucked
Cashier/Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85718December 10, 2018
my co-workers were nice but the pay sucked. the customer were generally pretty nice and never made messes. And if they did they would tell someone and not just leave it there
Awful place to work. They micromanage you.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GADecember 10, 2018
During my interview, I was supposed to work as a full time cashier. First of all, they only give you less than 20 hours per week. I would not work there if you have bills to pay. The benefits do look promising but they only give supervisors that. The store manager is actually really nice but some of the other managers micromanage you like you’re a child. You would think this would be the easiest job but with supervisors breathing down your neck, it’s surprisingly stressful. Would not recommend for anyone.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, hours
Rewarded for your Efforts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2018
Sprouts will promote if you are willing to give the effort and have the talent. Pay is not great for the hourly employees, but the management makes good pay.
Pros
Good discount. Company employee appreciation.
Cons
Pay.
Good company if management would follow through
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 8, 2018
Sprouts has lots of great values and ideas like composting and food rescue, but the management just doesn't pull through. Employees have lack of morale. Management just doesn't seem to care, and most managers don't seem happy working there. But everyone is nice and big wigs who come in often are nice too. Plus you get 15% discount on everything including alcohol on top of great prices.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of structure, disorganized management
Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 7, 2018
This is a terrible place to work. Hours are very inconsistent, managers have favorites, raises are horrible! Management honestly doesn't care or listen to concerns.
Pros
discount, co workers
Cons
inconsistent hours, management
Decent
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CADecember 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work. always busy, friendly co workers. benefits weren't great and neither was pay. The management wasn't very friendly unfortunately and they shaved hours almost every other week.
Pros
Good workers, friendly customers
Cons
bad managment, bad hours, and over worked
Big meh
Sprouts Farmers Market Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CADecember 5, 2018
Poor management, quick turn arounds within company workers. Managers didnt have the integrity to let go of employees but instead would stop scheduling and hope employees would quit.
Core four Managers were great, the other managers lacked resolve, especially produce.
Pros
discount
Cons
individual management lacking.
Just don't Do It!
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2018
If you value yourself as a person of integrity, or at all, then do all that you can to NOT get a job at this business. Corporate management does not care about its employees and has set up a program that lies about it. They do not value anything but their current stock price and are only looking to sell the business to the highest bidder. They hire cubicle people to make decisions that have never worked in one of their stores and have no clue as to what the real world is.

So do yourself a big favor and find employment with a company that at least knows what it is doing and maybe cares just a little.
Pros
Cons
Everything that is wrong with Corporate America
Sprouts: A Place to Relax and Focus on Work
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 2, 2018
My time at Sprouts, although brief, was enjoyable. It did not offer the opportunity to grow friendships with coworkers as much as other jobs, but it did create a strong foundation for my customer service skills. All employees are required to help customers if requested. If a customer needs to find a certain bread, they can ask any employee from any department for help. I really appreciate the customer-first attitude they implement at Sprouts.
Pros
Consistent breaks, Discounts
eh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2018
management was trash and would rather hire more workers than give hours to their experienced employees just to save money on benefits. I thought it was a great place for students or retirees basically anyone that this job won't be their prime focus because they will be let down
Inconsistant hours, low pay
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 29, 2018
Non unionized, felt like favoritism was used toward promotions for management positions. Hours are are inconsistent, could not plan off days due to off days being random, no set schedule
Pros
10% discount shopping at store
Cons
inconsistent hours, low pay
Easy Interview, Quick Hire, Terrible Pay, No Care For Lower Level Employees Whatsoever
Vitamins Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 29, 2018
Sprouts does not work around your schedule very well, and if you are able to get a schedule that fits around your life they will give you as little hours as possible.

The corporate offices saves customers money by undercutting employee value and pay, and that is a fact. Unless going into management, or you are desperate for money, this is a dead-end job at any position.

I worked there for over a year, they transfered me to 3 different departments to keep me from getting a raise. You get on departmental raise (about 25 cents to a dollar, maybe), and then you have to wait a full year before being considered for a raise. Because they switched me departments 3 times (due to being "unable to work me with my schedule"), and each time I changed departments the countdown for a raise reset back to a full year.
Pros
Good quality food
Cons
Pay, Hours, Scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprouts Farmers Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sprouts Farmers Markets.

Powered by Comparably