SPS Commerce Employee Reviews

Confusion but great people.
Associate Collections (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 27, 2019
My department had unrealistic expectations for the assignments that they gave the collection team and there general goals for collecting money. Not fun. However, I got to work with absolutely wonderful people and that truly made all the difference.
Frequent changes doesn't allow one to be properly trained in one's role
Senior Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 31, 2019
Not enough exposure to become proficient in job duties. Compensation is well below what competition pays, even though the company was growing leaps and bounds, and had 69+ quarters of consecutive growth. If you're not in a sales (commission) role, you're likely not going to receive much of an annual raise.
Productive and fun workspace, great culture, not great advancement
SENIOR CUSTOMER RETENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 31, 2019
SPS Commerce is an industry leader in EDI Saas Companies. They have a dedicated, fun workforce, and their management is really responsive to employee needs. Some of the top people have been there for a while, so if you see yourself wanting to move high up the corporate ladder, it may be tough here.
Culture Great!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2019
SPS has a great culture and my co-workers were amazing. Due to the long commute and work life balance I decided to look elsewhere for employment. It is a great business for new graduates.
Fun workplace but room for improvement
Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJuly 22, 2019
SPS has plenty of fun things to do at work (foosball, Nintendo Wii, book club, etc.) but needs to improve in other areas. Need to focus more on compensating the employees and making them feel crucial to the organization. Expanding on the knowledge of their workforce and empowering them to advance and remain with SPS.
Pros
Foosball, good work life balance
Cons
Low compensation, not retaining workforce
Productive and Fun place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 16, 2019
(within the Sales Org...)SPS has an amazing culture all the way from the C suite down to the lowest level. They believe in work hard-play hard. This is a company for go-getters, You can grind and do very well here.
Pros
Flexible, Gym on Site, Free Soda, Often time free meals and Happy Hours
Cons
Salary is a little below market average
A good gob
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2019
i only worked as a temporary position but over looked a lot of workers and SOS really cared about it's people. I moved around also and got to see multiple positions and talk to a lot of people there was a few complaints on pay complaints but overall everyone liked where they worked.
Great company
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2019
SPS Commerce has a phenomenal leadership team but struggled to hire talented mid-level management staff. I would recommend SPS to an entry-level sales person but not for a seasoned sales rep.
Wonderful opportunity
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2019
Great company and culture for people to start out their career and get good business experience. Does a great job promoting cross-functional collaboration.
Pros
work-life balance, cross-functional training
Cons
compensation and middle management need better focus on metrics
Fun work place, but very dependent on your department and manager
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at SPS and the company provided a great launching pad for my career being straight out of college. The downtown location made the job fun and typically aided to the events and benefits of working there; however, my specific position was definitely tailored towards young, single professionals -when my family began to grow, I found it difficult to continue to take advantage of the benefits of the job.
great pay, Fun workplace environment, Leaned a lot
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2018
I loved working for SPS Commerce. Great company and great benefits. Great team environment and lots of training to help you advance in your sales career.
Pros
great pay, Fun workplace environment, Leaned a lot
Cons
not a lot of leads
Great work life balance
IT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work with an awesome location downtown and all the LaCroix you could want to drink. The people are friendly and the office environment is relaxed.
Fulfillment Support
Fulfillment Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 2, 2018
The support department appears to be the potential downfall of SPS with unorganized and incompetent managers pushing unrealistic expectations from their analysts. If this isn't addressed/resolved quickly, customers will likely begin to leave due to frustrating experiences from the support team constantly being behind.
While the department (and company as a whole) preaches the importance of a "good work/life balance", this contradicts the expectations that are set each day for the individual/analyst. To try and avoid staying too late each day, I'd work through lunch (without eating), yet I would still find myself staying at least an hour or two late to try and meet my manager's expectations for our team at the time. I didn't take a lunch for 5 months just to try and hit the lofty expectations/goals that my manager would set. Before leaving the company, I would work multiple 10 hour days with the occasional 12 hour day each week.
It seems to be a "bigger picture" issue as it feels as though there should be twice as many Support Analysts as there are currently working, however the issue likely comes from upper-management not allowing enough budget to increase the size of the department (even though there is more than enough work to be completed).
Overall, SPS Commerce is a great company to work for as long as you're not within the Support department.
With my experience, it developed into a hostile work environment and seemed as though I was being forced out due to my manager increasing the expectations for my daily metrics yet the rest of my team was not expected to reach
  more... the same metrics.
While "Employees Come First" is one of the most stressed company values, it certainly did not feel that way.
Pros
Good benefits. Great "company culture".
Cons
Terrible Management (Support Department).
Good Work/Life Balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 28, 2018
Low pay, good culture. Easy to advance at the lower levels, but there is a low ceiling. Lower and mid-level management is mostly competent. Upper-level management doesn't do a good job sharing organizational goals.
PM Role
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2018
Plenty of smart people but they weren't always in the right roles. Don't hear much from leadership about company goals, successes or failures. Completed a yearly employee survey was no real action or change as a result. Work load was too heavy.
Pros
smart people, subsidized bus pass, downtown Mpls
Cons
work loads, no advancement, poor maternity plan, not very flexible on working remote
Standard Company Growth Issues
Sales Executive & Territory Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2018
This is a great company to work for right out of college, but if you are already a professional, make sure you have a VERY clear understanding of the pay structure before jumping on board.
Pros
Remote Work, Flexibiity
Cons
Growing Pains
SPS can be a good company to work for
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 19, 2018
SPS tends to staff heavily for sales and don't have as many operational team members as they need to support the sales.
In some departments, career paths are clear. Other teams it's a mixed message on what's needed to move forward to new roles.
Operations tends to be overwhelmed with workload. Support at SPS tends to be overwhelmed with the workload. Support isn't as good as it used to be.
Executives are receiving huge salary increases while team members are told that dollars are tight and increases are limited.
Great to terrible within an hour
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2018
SPS likes to make everything seem like it is wonderful, however there is lack of ownership over many key responsibilties leading to miscommunication and issues for clients. There are many internal conflicts between teams that stand in the way of completing a goal. This is a young company with young and inexperenced employees that lack attention to detail are not willing to complete small tasks to make the experence more seamless. The one brightside is the corperate enviorment they try to provide.
Poor Managment
Manager, Analytics Implementation (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJMay 23, 2018
The time the management was not that great. There was a lot of favoritism. Now all the management was let go. It must be a better place to work now. The concept of the company was very good.
Its a great company with a great culture
Bilingual Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2018
It's a great company to work at, it was rated the number one workplace in the twin cities star tribune review in 2015. The people are great and it has a fun and collaborative atmosphere
Pros
Free lunches, team outings, company socials
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPS Commerce. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight