Square Employee Reviews

Great Experience!
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
I worked at Square for over a year and had a wonderful time. The company gives you so much in return for your hard work. They give you awards, flexible hours, and a environment that is like no other. They hire good people to be around and though I worked very hard and some days were longer than others I still looked forward to going to work every day.
Pros
Good environment, good coworkers, good management, good benefits
Cons
Cant think of any
Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2018
- Most management is great, some can be a little bro-y
- Great benefits, but an education reimbursement would be nice
- Stock price is soaring
- Lots of new products, but a lot of competition as well
- Good culture that wants to help every merchant
- Very open discussions between teams
Fast paced company!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 28, 2018
Fast paced company constructed of intelligent people! Everyone that joins has a huge learning curve. Company has a young feel, very San Francisco. Hard work but also a bit too many parties!
Great wrk atmosphere
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2018
Great wrk atmosphere. Love the layout of the office and how you arent confined to your desk. Your breaks reflect school breaks with opportunities to wrk from home in that time. Overtime offered
Pros
Free snacks, break fast, great technology, nice office
Cons
Low pay, only temp
Don't Wish to Provide One
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  N Arlington, NJMay 4, 2018
I do not wish to provide a review at this time about my company. I would like to keep my views confidential. The "Rate this company" section is accurate.
Very relaxed environment with yummy food
Contractor through Swoon (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2018
breakfast was provided before 9am, then starting the work day we would work on our assignment as efficiently as possible. It was a very relaxed place and I hated to have to leave due to a living relocation.
Pros
micro kitchens, free food
Cons
not working from home on the weekends.
Productive yet without significant social support.
Customer Success Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2018
Square has a somewhat relaxed environment with lots of great options for food, and an overall friendly work environment.

Yet, Square created a structural culture of second class citizenship for contractors, making difficult the potential for creating community with full-time employees.
Pros
Free breakfast & dinner
Cons
Awkward atmosphere
Great managemtn and exciting team culture
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2018
The management is genuine about wanting their employees to develop and grow. They invest time in talent. The culture is fast-pace, but always fun. Going to work is somrthing one lokks forward too.
A career stepping stone
Square Cash Support (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 3, 2018
Square is best suited as a stepping stone for contractors to gain the skills they need to succeed in another company. Pay is somewhat on the low side for the market.
Square
Cash App Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2018
Square is a team based company that allows you to show your competence and diversity. My typical day at work is conversing with merchants and customers and coworkers in regards to the Square Cash App. The hardest part of a job is when customers don't want to hear the outcome of the best solution provided when it comes to money transactions. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my customers happy and receiving thank you emails for being detailed oriented.
Pros
Integrity, Referrals, Via-Email, Hour Breaks, Organized, Professional, and Team Oriented
Cons
When customers are not tech savvy and their not able to talk over the phones to discuss their issue
Challenging and Collaborative
Business (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2018
We have a challenging and collaborative environment where the priorities are always changing. Makes it difficult to project manage and bring a job to completion.
Great company, generous pay, outstanding benenfits, unique work environment, horrible job
Square Support (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
The worst job in my life. The training was only two weeks which nearly isn't enough time to process and apply the mass amount of information once you start taking calls. The management was a joke. Managers not only didnt take calls, but they were not even trained to take calls which makes no sense especially when they had one on one coaching sessions to improve call quality. How can a manager tell an employee how to do a job when the manager doesnt know how to do the job? Very stressful job which is why most people dont like working here. This job would only be good temporarily, but not for long. A job, but certainly not a career.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work atmosphere
Cons
Poor Management, Stressful job
Great pay, not worth the stress
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2018
They draw you in with the pay and benefits. When you actually start working after lackluster training, it’s super stressful. Managers play favorites, while claiming to be transparent when they are really sneaky. The STL office is the worse of the three support offices. The energy is so tense and negative because of the managers. Don’t expect to get an opportunity for advancement unless you’re friends with the managers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers don’t know what we actually do, They’ve never been trained on the system. Favoritism is number one.
great people to work with
CAD/CAM Senior Printed Circuit Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I used Altium for my CAD software. I started 2 years before they went public. After that it became to stressful. The work was challenging and rewarding.
Pros
interesting work. free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
got to be to stressful
Overall not a bad job to have
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 21, 2018
No room to grow and company has too many inconsistencies. When first started job commissions we’re great but went downhill after 3 months with company
Great company to work for
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2017
Very strong engineering team, people are fantastic to work with, and generally collaborative culture that minimizes corporate bureaucracy. Leadership and teams strive to create an environment that is comfortable and inclusive to all in a genuine way.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, high stock compensation, high salary, very good health care
Cons
N/a
hard working and time constraints, but was enjoyable because we worked as a team. (two people for each job.)
Pressure Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 9, 2017
We worked at night cleaning restaurants grease systems. It was intense, but enjoyable. Worked in two-person teams with time limit. Job was hard, but the time limit made it interesting and having another person made the chore easier. Family-owned business. Good working relationships among all.
Pros
Had days free. Worked only at night.
Cons
Economy in Port St. Lucie not very good. We needed more work.
Loved it!
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
Really great place to work! Enjoyed going to work everyday. Was located in the heart of the neighbor hood which allowed me to connect with a lot of members in the community.
Decent
Cost Accountant - Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2017
If you like a start - up feel/atmosphere you will fit in. Feels like high school, because there's the older crowd which are managers (the teachers) then the younger crowd (the students).
Not for those who seriously want to grow and learn
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Homogenous culture with lack of leadership and management. There is no strategy deployed by management. They are young and have never managed. I would not recommend this place to people who appreciate diversity in thought, experience and background. Lots of group think here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Square. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight